Which show comes on first? Jeopardy or Wheel of Fortune? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:22:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Which show comes on first? Jeopardy or Wheel of Fortune? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which show do you remember coming on before the other?
Wheel before Jeopardy!

Jeopardy! before Wheel

who the hell cares, koopa?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Which show comes on first? Jeopardy or Wheel of Fortune?  (Read 740 times)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« on: January 25, 2022, 10:09:32 PM »

In Broward County, Wheel airs on WPLG-10, the local ABC affiliate, at 7, followed by J! at 7:30. Preemptions aren't aired.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 09:14:39 AM »

There are places where Wheel of Fortune comes first? That feels unnatural.

Now you know how we feel about places where Jeopardy! comes first, haha! Tbh, though, I definitely prefer having Wheel air first myself: it gets me into game-show mode for the clearly superior Chad that is Jeopardy!, whereas doing Wheel after already experiencing J!'s euphoria is just miserable.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2022, 09:34:26 AM »

Tbh, though, I definitely prefer having Wheel air first myself: it gets me into game-show mode for the clearly superior Chad that is Jeopardy!, whereas doing Wheel after already experiencing J!'s euphoria is just miserable.

The solution to this is to watch Jeopardy and then switch channels or turn off the TV; I have never understood the appeal of watching Wheel of Fortune to begin with.

In my subjective opinion, I actually like Wheel. I agree 100% that J! is more fun to watch, although Wheel is a nice, relaxed show. Maybe because I'm not picky when it comes to game shows, maybe it's because I have deeply sentimental memories of watching it with my grandma as a little Koop, but it still holds a deep place in my heart.

Will definitely admit that the show was a bit better when it didn't have all these weird inclusions (like the Express or Crossword) fit in, one of the best parts about J! is that the only thing that has really changed about its core format over the past half-century are its host and the dollar amounts on the board. Even the theme has stayed largely the same, it seems like Wheel definitely has an identity crisis in terms of its branding.

Sans 2000-21 Tongue
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2022, 12:26:04 PM »

Tbh, though, I definitely prefer having Wheel air first myself: it gets me into game-show mode for the clearly superior Chad that is Jeopardy!, whereas doing Wheel after already experiencing J!'s euphoria is just miserable.

The solution to this is to watch Jeopardy and then switch channels or turn off the TV; I have never understood the appeal of watching Wheel of Fortune to begin with.

In my subjective opinion, I actually like Wheel. I agree 100% that J! is more fun to watch, although Wheel is a nice, relaxed show. Maybe because I'm not picky when it comes to game shows, maybe it's because I have deeply sentimental memories of watching it with my grandma as a little Koop, but it still holds a deep place in my heart.

Will definitely admit that the show was a bit better when it didn't have all these weird inclusions (like the Express or Crossword) fit in, one of the best parts about J! is that the only thing that has really changed about its core format over the past half-century are its host and the dollar amounts on the board. Even the theme has stayed largely the same, it seems like Wheel definitely has an identity crisis in terms of its branding.

Sans 2000-21 Tongue

Did the Jeopardy theme change during the turn of the century? I remember the specific performance changed in 97, and again in 08 and (I think) 21, but I don't recall the theme tune itself changing.

J!'s tune itself has never changed, although the instrumentation thereof certainly has (at the points in time that you pointed out), whereas Wheel's theme tune itself actually changed from 2000-21.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2022, 05:53:38 PM »

Tacking on to all this, do you guys get only the new episode of J! or do you get it alongside a rerun?

WPLG-10 doesn't air the daily Daytime Jeopardy! reruns here in Broward. Our market is one that airs a season-or-so-old re-run on Saturdays, however, & for my family & I, being able to watch them was a nice way of getting to keep being able to see Alex for a bit, albeit weekly if not nightly, at least before they switched the re-run feeds to Mayim & Ken's episodes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies