House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is Not Retiring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:47:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is Not Retiring (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is Not Retiring  (Read 1043 times)
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« on: January 25, 2022, 10:33:03 PM »

Thank God. Anything that keeps Jeffries from being leader is fine with me

This sentiment is why his general incompetence is tolerated by the triumvirate. They don’t have confidence in younger Democrats because they have promoted those least likely to threaten their positions. It’s the iron law of institutions at work, and it’s why so many ambitious House Democrats (already filtered to some extent by DCCC-influenced primaries) get frozen out, give up and go to the Senate/state government.

I’m really not sure Jeffries could become Speaker if/when Pelosi, Hoyer and Clyburn went.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 08:12:26 PM »

Whatever, honestly. She's clearly still in possession of her mental faculties and is probably in the conversation for most effective Speaker of all time. I don't agree with her on everything, but I also don't hate her or anything.

Either she got boxed out by the Gottheimer gang, or she was deliberately effective in working against the agenda she promoted..

Continuity Pelosi is probably better than moving onto Hoyer, but the BBB fiasco and the bizarre Jan 6 kulturkampf stunts should show she is overrated in efficacy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies