Do you consider any posters on the forum to be DINOs, RINOs, etc.?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:41:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you consider any posters on the forum to be DINOs, RINOs, etc.?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do you consider any posters on the forum to be DINOs, RINOs, etc.?  (Read 721 times)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 21, 2022, 09:38:57 PM »

Do you consider any posters on the forum to be DINOs, RINOs, IINOS (Independent in name only), LINOs, GINOs (Greens in name only), CINO (Constitution in name only), etc. or DIABN (Democrat in all but name), RIABN, etc.?
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 09:40:39 PM »

All of them
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 09:52:52 PM »

Grumps meets “Dino” definition pretty well.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 10:04:40 PM »

CentristRepublican has all but admitted to being a RINO.
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2022, 10:06:42 PM »

unfortunately I don't think anybdy here is a dinosaur or a rhinocerous
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2022, 10:21:32 PM »

This is true. And as has been pointed out on here, many Republican posters-probably including yourself-would be denounced as RINOs by the Trumpists because they don't support Trump and because they hold more moderate viewpoints on a variety of policy issues than does the average Republican voter, particularly on issues such as gay marriage, abortion, gun control, and immigration.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2022, 10:24:34 PM »

Almost all the blue avatars are RINOs.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2022, 10:30:39 PM »

Ironically enough, posters like Yellowhammer (who's not a blue avatar, but is clearly right-leaning), SirWoodbury (who is considered to be a troll by most on here), Fuzzy Bear (especially over the past few years), and SN2903 (who's also disliked by many on here) are probably the ones who best represent the current Republican base.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2022, 10:34:04 PM »

Ironically enough, posters like Yellowhammer (who's not a blue avatar, but is clearly right-leaning), SirWoodbury (who is considered to be a troll by most on here), Fuzzy Bear (especially over the past few years), and SN2903 (who's also disliked by many on here) are probably the ones who best represent the current Republican base.

I like SN!
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2022, 10:34:50 PM »

Saying Yellowhammer represents the Republican base is like saying PSOL represents the Democratic base.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2022, 10:36:09 PM »

I like SN!

I personally don't have a problem with him, although I think he's overoptimistic about Republicans with his electoral predictions. But because he's a proud and unabashed Trump supporter, he attracts ire from the liberal majority on the forum. Then again, even many posters on here who are decidedly not Trump fans, or aren't enthused about him (and that would include most "blue avatars"), can come under withering criticism if they criticize Biden or disagree with a particular Democratic policy, or if they support downballot Republicans, or support alternative Republican candidates.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2022, 10:37:36 PM »

Saying Yellowhammer represents the Republican base is like saying PSOL represents the Democratic base.

His neo-Confederate apologia certainly is excessive, but he holds staunchly conservative policy views that are held by many in the base, and he represents a broad demographic swath of the Republican coalition. But another poster who I didn't think about, who may reflect the base better, is ExtremeConservative, who is probably one of the most socially conservative posters on the forum.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2022, 11:29:18 PM »

His neo-Confederate apologia certainly is excessive, but he holds staunchly conservative policy views that are held by many in the base, and he represents a broad demographic swath of the Republican coalition. But another poster who I didn't think about, who may reflect the base better, is ExtremeConservative, who is probably one of the most socially conservative posters on the forum.

Paleo-Confederate*
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2022, 12:21:17 AM »

There are more RIABNs and DIABNs (Republicans/Democrats in all but name), to be honest. I know, I’m one to talk, but there are plenty on both sides.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2022, 12:55:02 AM »

This isn’t 2019 anymore
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2022, 01:09:14 AM »

There are several users with D avatars who continuously post about how they think Republicans are all but certain to win certain upcoming elections (including one who claims that Trump would win by Reaganesque margins the next time he runs). I consider those people DINOs.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2022, 03:07:59 AM »

I only represent the views of a small segment of somewhat well-off evangelicals.  Which puts me in a weird spot of being in a bubble where my views are the complete norm, even when they're far outside of most mainstreams.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2022, 06:54:17 AM »

There are several users with D avatars who continuously post about how they think Republicans are all but certain to win certain upcoming elections (including one who claims that Trump would win by Reaganesque margins the next time he runs). I consider those people DINOs.

Those people, though, are probably just doomers.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2022, 12:51:15 PM »

Yeah, at one very brief point I even changed my screen name to 'CentristRINO' to see how it'd look but decided it wasn't good and very quickly switched back to 'CentristRepublican.' Of course I'm a RINO and I probably was even before the party was vandalized by Trump - like in practice, I'd probably vote for a Democrat over a Republican in most elections, despite being a 'Republican'. I honestly think the Independent label would probably fit me best given my diverse views but I like my avatar as it is.

I don't know much about him but your fellow R-IL avatar RINO Tom also might be a RINO because of his username.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2022, 01:40:30 PM »

RINO Tom is not a RINO.

Anyway, we have lots of RINOs and DINOs here.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2022, 02:15:14 PM »

RINO Tom is not a RINO.

Anyway, we have lots of RINOs and DINOs here.
He is totally a RINO lol. He was #WithHer in 2016.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2022, 02:36:13 PM »

KaiserDave is a DWBIDPADLRPBSLQAFRFNBSHL (Democrat Who Believes In Democratic Principles And Doesn't Like Republican Philosophy But Still Likes Quite A Few Republicans For Not Being So Hard-Line). Rolls right off the tongue.
Vespucci
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2022, 06:39:11 PM »

RINO - CentristRepublican
LINO - Damocles
SINO - R.P. McM before he was banned

Somewhat unrelated, but whenever I see a right-wing post from Green Line I think "Isn't he supposed to be a leftist?" before remembering that he isn't PSOL.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2022, 06:47:06 PM »

I suppose I used to be a "GINO" when I had a Green Party avatar because of my concern for environmental issues. I have never actually voted for a Green candidate in my life, though, so I felt like I had to change it.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2022, 07:31:09 PM »

KaiserDave is a DWBIDPADLRPBSLQAFRFNBSHL (Democrat Who Believes In Democratic Principles And Doesn't Like Republican Philosophy But Still Likes Quite A Few Republicans For Not Being So Hard-Line). Rolls right off the tongue.

Quite a few?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies