Australia 2022 Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:43:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Australia 2022 Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Australia 2022 Election  (Read 43612 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« on: May 11, 2022, 08:13:36 AM »

Who are you supporting Ebowed if you support someone/plan on ranking the main two parties? I remember you supported Labor before the pandemic but I'm not sure who you are supporting?

I've supported the Greens and Labor in every previous election.  I'd number them this way this time

[1] Liberal Democrats
[2] Liberals
[3] United Australia Party
[4] Greens
[5] Labor
[6] One Nation
Protest voting against Labor?

Well, I've always despised Albanese, ever since I met him when I lived in his electorate ten years ago.  He was handing out pamphlets at the Marrickville train station and I turned up with a couple of my housemates, hungover, reeking of booze and cigarettes, wearing pajamas, and he said to us; "Thank God youse guys are here, I couldn't understand what any of these people are saying!" as we had been waiting in line after a large group of Vietnamise-Australians.  Those are his loyal constituents that he was making fun of to a few whiteys he mistook as bogans.  Oops.

The more pertinent reason that I'm backing the Liberals over Labor is that Scott Morrison is a better Prime Minister than Anthony Albanese could ever hope to be.  They have identical policies on most issues, but Morrison is placing less emphasis on nationalism, insularity, and xenophobia - ergo, Labor is no longer a viable choice for somebody badly affected by prolonged border closures and punitive lockdowns.  I don't like Morrison, and I don't like the Liberals, but they are easily the lesser of two evils at this election.

Do you think you'd be voting differently with Shorten as ALP leader?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 09:34:52 AM »

WA is really something else. Looks like ALP will win 53-54% of the vote (they haven't won the 2PP since 1987). 9 ALP seats, 4 Libs, and 1 Teal. Another seat, Moore, is on a knife edge between the ALP and Libs.

ALP also on track to win a 3rd Senate seat in the stage, so it may be 3 ALP, 1 GRN, and 2 Libs.

Who would have thought 2 years ago that WA would be the ALP's strongest state in a federal election?

Another highlight is the extraordinary Greens performance in Brisbane. Looks like they'll take Brisbane itself and Ryan off the LNP, and defeat the ALP in Griffith (Rudd's old seat), boosting their lower house representation from 1 to 4.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2022, 09:31:35 AM »

How likely is an expansion of Parliament in the coming years?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies