Australia 2022 Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:49:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Australia 2022 Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Australia 2022 Election  (Read 43772 times)
Leading Political Consultant Ma Anand Sheela
Heat
Poland

« on: May 09, 2022, 02:05:13 PM »

I'm surprised there is so little polling in Australia compared to other countries. In Canada in the recent federal election there were literally 3 or 4 national polls released every day of the campaign with several daily trackers etc... In the UK as well every day of a campaign you have multiple polls. Ditto for the recent French elections. But in Australia its just two polls PER WEEK and that's it! Any explanation?

Rare Australian W
Heat
Poland

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 06:29:17 PM »

I definitely don't know if the ALP will win or lose this election, but I can't imagine putting any credence in the work of a company called 'Resolve Strategic', no matter what they exactly they did.
Heat
Poland

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 08:46:24 AM »

I definitely don't know if the ALP will win or lose this election, but I can't imagine putting any credence in the work of a company called 'Resolve Strategic', no matter what they exactly they did.
So it looks like they might actually have been the best pollster? Welp. Look, it sounded like a scam, okay?
Heat
Poland

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2022, 03:40:27 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2022, 03:44:37 PM by ms. yung globalist »

As the liberal party I would be more worried about the loses in well educated suburbs to independents more then labour winning swing seats.

Australia is so urbanized that a polarization of urban vs rural areas like the US and UK won't work out for them. Can't form a winning coalition based on rural and exurban areas.

The theory is they can win ethnic social conservative areas (western sydney suburbs , melbourne seats like Calwell, Scullin and Gorton) and make up for losing blue ribbon areas like the north shore of Sydney and eastern Melbourne; unfortunately the Libs also pooped their pants with the Chinese electorate; and the supposed swings that MUH SOCIAL ISSUES was going to cause in Western Sydney didn't really materialise.
The transphobic Warringah candidate managing to significantly underperform Tony Abbott was also just incredibly funny.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies