Robert Reich tweets, then quickly deletes, that other Senators should slap sinema
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:16:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Robert Reich tweets, then quickly deletes, that other Senators should slap sinema
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Robert Reich tweets, then quickly deletes, that other Senators should slap sinema  (Read 883 times)
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2022, 03:31:25 PM »

Sinema is awful and has tanked her career as a Democratic Party politician. I don't care about her.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2022, 03:48:23 PM »

This smacks literally of sexism, misogyny, and male chauvinism.

What a nasty, nasty tweet, it was totally uncalled for... (and I don't care for Sinema either, but this is too far)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2022, 04:05:35 PM »

What a strange thread this is. I find it hard to get my mind around a sincere evangelical Christain being a "Trump cultist," bearing in mind that the very definition of the word "cult" is something that precludes dual loyalties, so how one could worship Christ and Trump at the same time I find puzzling. Then a poster opines that Sinema is so infra dig in his universe that she is not worth the of honor of him giving her the back of his hand, either literally or metaphorically.  And then it all culminates in the pounding out of a bunch of fancy terms for those who hate, disdain, consider inferior, and/or objectify women.

But then I remind myself as to Barbara Tuchman's explanation as to why the Middle Ages seems so irrational to the modern mind, which gives some context to the triggering of this particular contretemps. Demographics matter. Who knew?
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2022, 04:23:07 PM »

I mean, is he wrong?

This person is extravagantly collecting kudos for disenfranchising thousands to protect her personal privileges and somehow tweeting she should be slapped instead make shim the bad guy.

Storm Thurmond, Louis XVIII, and Ultra-Tories should have been slapped.

I swear, it’s like people care more about contemplating violence to the body of the king than the real violence done to the body politic.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2022, 11:32:28 PM »

Is for a guy with a long long history of incisive  and knowledgeable article's/tweets, this was kind of classless and stupid.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2022, 12:27:16 AM »

So what lol? He's not actively encouraging violence, he's making a point.
Gosar and Reich both did nothing wrong.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2022, 05:09:20 AM »

What a strange thread this is. I find it hard to get my mind around a sincere evangelical Christain being a "Trump cultist," bearing in mind that the very definition of the word "cult" is something that precludes dual loyalties, so how one could worship Christ and Trump at the same time I find puzzling. Then a poster opines that Sinema is so infra dig in his universe that she is not worth the of honor of him giving her the back of his hand, either literally or metaphorically.  And then it all culminates in the pounding out of a bunch of fancy terms for those who hate, disdain, consider inferior, and/or objectify women.

But then I remind myself as to Barbara Tuchman's explanation as to why the Middle Ages seems so irrational to the modern mind, which gives some context to the triggering of this particular contretemps. Demographics matter. Who knew?

"Sincere evangelical Christian" is a contradiction in terms.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2022, 07:06:47 AM »

Voters gonna slap Democrats in 2022.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2022, 07:56:54 AM »

And then there's this...

DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2022, 10:15:59 AM »

This smacks literally of sexism, misogyny, and male chauvinism.

What a nasty, nasty tweet, it was totally uncalled for... (and I don't care for Sinema either, but this is too far)

Sinema is a big girl, she can handle a little criticism from a washed-up politico.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2022, 11:06:13 AM »

He's right. The symbolism of a bunch of Republican ghouls thanking this dumb beyotch for helping protect their voter suppression laws because her donors told her to is absolutely sickening. The Democratic Party should completely abandon her and immediately endorse any primary challenger.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2022, 11:29:22 AM »

I feel that it would be a wholly appropriate time to remind everyone that Robert Reich is 4'11.

I usually don't mock people's heights, but this embarrassing fool just endorsed violence against women, so I do not give him that level of respect.

Reich's got a genetic disorder. Congrats, now you're just as bad as him.

I was genuinely not aware of that. Deleting ASAP.

If you were fine with Gosar’s AOC-killing anime joke, then you should be fine with Reich’s joke. Why is it so hard for Atlasians to take a joke? In both cases, Gosar and Reich were just joking and weren’t actually advocating for violence
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2022, 01:37:21 PM »

I feel that it would be a wholly appropriate time to remind everyone that Robert Reich is 4'11.

I usually don't mock people's heights, but this embarrassing fool just endorsed violence against women, so I do not give him that level of respect.

Reich's got a genetic disorder. Congrats, now you're just as bad as him.

I was genuinely not aware of that. Deleting ASAP.

If you were fine with Gosar’s AOC-killing anime joke, then you should be fine with Reich’s joke. Why is it so hard for Atlasians to take a joke? In both cases, Gosar and Reich were just joking and weren’t actually advocating for violence

Partisan hacks don't have principles. Their position on every single issue is just a question of whether or not it will own, wreck, or DESTROY the other team.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2022, 02:21:48 PM »

I definitely want to post a photo of Robert Reich with Janet Reno for Clinton Admin juxtaposition but this forum is so weird about photos.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies