NYT: Trump/DeSantis feud intensifying, DeSantis "will not bend the knee" to Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 11:19:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  NYT: Trump/DeSantis feud intensifying, DeSantis "will not bend the knee" to Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: NYT: Trump/DeSantis feud intensifying, DeSantis "will not bend the knee" to Trump  (Read 1462 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2022, 07:44:12 PM »

Really this is something DeSantis should say if Trump complains about rigged election :

“So you are telling us that a rigged election happened while you were President and you were so incompetent that you couldn’t do anything about that”

And when trump brings up cultural issues

“All you did was cry like a baby on Twitter , while I got things done on X”

The way you beat Trump is make him look like a beta loser

The problem is, "the election was stolen" is what the base wants to hear. If DeSantis were to say this it would be the end of his political career.

Which is why you don’t frame it on was it stolen or not but rather that Trump is an incompetent beta that it means that happened on his watch.

The goal is turn Donald Trump into Jeb Bush

Other Republicans trying to out-Trump Trump generally hasn't worked spectacularly for them, and I'm not sure why anyone who dislikes Trump would want another Republican to try and go further than him.

I'm pretty sure that's what ultimately destroyed Rubio in 2016. He never stood a chance really, but when he started whining and insulting people on the debate stage, that was when whatever semblance of a chance he had left went down the drain.

That’s not what I am saying though. It’s pretty much pulling a strategy of turning your opponent strength into their weaknesses.

OSR, stop trying to make the anti-Trump Republican movement happen. It's not going to happen.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2022, 07:47:06 PM »

Really this is something DeSantis should say if Trump complains about rigged election :

“So you are telling us that a rigged election happened while you were President and you were so incompetent that you couldn’t do anything about that”

The problem is, "the election was stolen" is what the base wants to hear. If DeSantis were to say this it would be the end of his political career.

Which is why you don’t frame it on was it stolen or not but rather that Trump is an incompetent beta that it means that happened on his watch.

Other Republicans trying to out-Trump Trump generally hasn't worked spectacularly for them, and I'm not sure why anyone who dislikes Trump would want another Republican to try and go further than him.

I'm pretty sure that's what ultimately destroyed Rubio in 2016. He never stood a chance really, but when he started whining and insulting people on the debate stage, that was when whatever semblance of a chance he had left went down the drain.

That’s not what I am saying though. It’s pretty much pulling a strategy of turning your opponent strength into their weaknesses.

OSR, stop trying to make the anti-Trump Republican movement happen. It's not going to happen.

Maybe not but DeSantis I beleive could be the Reagan of this generation so he’s one of the few that could win . I’m not only anti Trump here but Pro DeSantis as well
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2022, 11:21:45 AM »

Maybe not but DeSantis I beleive could be the Reagan of this generation so he’s one of the few that could win . I’m not only anti Trump here but Pro DeSantis as well

I agree that DeSantis is one of the strongest recruits for the GOP - I just think running against Trump would kill his career.

Absent Trump, he runs away with the nomination.
MABA 2020
MakeAmericaBritishAgain
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2022, 05:02:18 PM »

I'm conflicted about this. On the one hand I'd love to see Trump get truly humiliated in an election in a way only DeSantis could possibly do and to see him lose his position of power and influence in the GOP. On the other hand DeSantis probably has a better chance of winning the '24 election than Trump so maybe not such a good idea to cheer him on.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2022, 05:06:32 PM »

Part of this feels like mere smoke blown into the air by the press to keep the specter of Trump relevant.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2022, 06:26:21 PM »

Lol, wut, are you serious? What the hell is this? Good, the DeSantis is way too smart for this "strategy".
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2022, 10:39:21 PM »

I, a former Republican voter, would be much more comfortable with the prospects of a DeSantis presidency than I would be for a second Trump term.

Trump returning to office would be an end to American democracy as we know it.

So a guy who's just like Trump, but more competent and politically savy than Trump is gonna preserve American Democracy? From what I'm seeing, if DeSantis does in fact challenge Trump, he's likely to run to Trump's right, if anything.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2022, 07:24:01 PM »

Lol, wut, are you serious? What the hell is this? Good, the DeSantis is way too smart for this "strategy".

If anything, I say he's more dangerous to democracy than Trump. He is leaning HARD into the anti-vaxxer vote.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies