TN: DSCC-Internal - Ford (D) leads Corker (R) by 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:33:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  TN: DSCC-Internal - Ford (D) leads Corker (R) by 2
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TN: DSCC-Internal - Ford (D) leads Corker (R) by 2  (Read 922 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 29, 2006, 03:26:21 AM »

[Hamilton Beattie]

Ford-D: 47%
Corker-R: 45%
Undecided: 8%

The new statewide poll was done for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC) by Hamilton Beattie, was conducted October 21 through October 24, and included 800 likely voters. The margin of error is 3.5 percent.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 04:09:31 AM »

Ford leads Coker by 2 in internal poll, meaning the race is probably tied... nothing much new there, also Ford's only on 47% he'll need to start hitting the 48-49% range soon in public polls if he's to be in with a shout, that said Corker's consistently failed to get a solid, clear lead... the last debate could make a diffrence on the polling figures, but I'll stick by my prediction that turnout and GOTV efforts will decide the race.       
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 04:30:29 AM »

I think you're obviously right.  It seems like Ford's race will have something to do with the result, whether black voters turn out in great numbers than usual or he gets less white votes than he is in polls.  Ford does have the advantage of people turning out to re-elect Phil Bredesen as Governor in a landslide, no one has mentioned Bredesen's coattail effect but it might prove to be powerful.  However, there is also the chance that in the final week many doubtful Republicans and conservatives rally to Corker; to be competetive Ford needs to continue targetting them.  I think this internal means Ford is either tied with Corker or more likely behind him by around the same margin.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 05:36:02 PM »

Ford is in trouble. I bet he is down a few points at least (in reality).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies