Axios: trump privately describing desantis as an "ingrate" with a dull personality
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:48:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Axios: trump privately describing desantis as an "ingrate" with a dull personality
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Axios: trump privately describing desantis as an "ingrate" with a dull personality  (Read 1226 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 16, 2022, 05:23:10 PM »

Donald Trump is trashing Ron DeSantis in private as an ingrate with a "dull personality" and no realistic chance of beating him in a potential 2024 showdown, according to sources who've recently talked to the former president about the Florida governor.

Why it matters: The two are among the most popular Republicans in the country, and as the former president eyes another run in 2024, he's irked by DeSantis' popularity and refusal to rule out running against him.

A second source who's discussed DeSantis with Trump said the reason for the former president's irritation with the popular governor is "that Ron DeSantis won't say he won't run [in 2024]. ... The others have stated pretty clearly they won't challenge him."

Trump's private irritation about what he perceives as DeSantis' ungratefulness and willingness to defy him date back several years. Their disputes have ranged over matters as varied as closing beaches during the early days of the pandemic and a public clash over hurricane death statistics — as the Washington Post's Ben Terris and Josh Dawsey detailed in a 2020 story.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 05:27:35 PM »

This shows Trump is scared of DeSantis and it will be glorious to see the reaction of Trump supporters when DeSantis ends up defeating Trump just like it will be glorious to see the reaction of Dem Hacks when DeSantis ends up winning the general too.

My very bold early prediction for 2024 is that DeSantis will end being the next president of the United States even if Trump runs
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 05:30:41 PM »

Trump is making a beef out of nothing because he perceives a slight threat that he wouldn't completely dominate in a Republican primary. DeSantis would not even challenge him, but him (DeSantis) taking up too much spotlight makes Trump feel insecure. Must be nice to have a loyal zealous Republican base that won't question you, because otherwise many of them would see DeSantis has outflanked Trump on issues and actually been more effective at advancing them.
Burke Bro
omelott
Israel

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2022, 05:47:46 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2022, 03:37:22 AM by Tortilla Soup »

This shows Trump is scared of DeSantis and it will be glorious to see the reaction of Trump supporters when DeSantis ends up defeating Trump just like it will be glorious to see the reaction of Dem Hacks when DeSantis ends up winning the general too.

My very bold early prediction for 2024 is that DeSantis will end being the next president of the United States even if Trump runs

I admire your determination to win back the Republican Party from Trump. But your party literally sold its soul to the devil to beat Hillary Clinton. It’s going to take more than a primary challenge to beat him, but instead, real structural reform from within the party and occasionally siding with (and voting for) democrats to counter his authoritarian inclinations, which are very much real and very much pose a threat to the survival of our republic.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2022, 06:21:34 PM »

No one's scared of loser dullsantis, least of all TRUMP
Barack Oganja

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2022, 09:50:13 PM »

Trump is right
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2022, 06:16:07 AM »

I think you need to wake up to the reality that your party is now a personality cult. It seems like you are in a bit of denial about this. Nobody is beating Trump in the 2024 primaries, if he runs.

Otherwise, I agree that it WOULD be glorious to see the reaction of Trump supporters IF DeSantis were to beat him, but it is not going to happen. If I absolutely HAD to pick between two evils, DeSantis is probably the lesser evil, even though I hate his guts.
TodayJunior
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2022, 07:45:10 AM »

I mean he’s technically not wrong, but geez dude we’re over your daddy issues.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2022, 10:31:08 AM »

The Tears of a Clown.

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2022, 11:54:18 AM »

This shows Trump is scared of DeSantis and it will be glorious to see the reaction of Trump supporters when DeSantis ends up defeating Trump

This is an insane prediction, and I think you are in complete denial about the state of the GOP.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2022, 02:12:59 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2022, 02:19:54 PM by Old School Republican »

This shows Trump is scared of DeSantis and it will be glorious to see the reaction of Trump supporters when DeSantis ends up defeating Trump

This is an insane prediction, and I think you are in complete denial about the state of the GOP.

DeSantis actually has delivered on the cultural issues such as CRT , taking on big tech etc while all Trump did was whine but actually did nothing on them
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2022, 04:08:51 PM »

DeSantis actually has delivered on the cultural issues such as CRT , taking on big tech etc while all Trump did was whine but actually did nothing on them

While this is true, the idea that DeSantis could run in a primary against Trump and win is pretty ridiculous as of now.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2022, 04:14:28 PM »

While this is true, the idea that DeSantis could run in a primary against Trump and win is pretty ridiculous as of now.

Trump would of course win today but I except trump hold on the base to decline over the next two years that DeSantis does actually manage to pull this off
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2022, 04:57:00 PM »

Not believing any "internal divisions" reporting anywhere until something becomes public. The corporate press's interest is best served by dividing them against each other.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2022, 05:34:38 PM »

CRT didn't even exist as an issue until Trump was out of office
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2022, 05:44:56 PM »

CRT didn't even exist as an issue until Trump was out of office

So basically Trump was extremely incompetent that he let it become an issue on his watch
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2022, 05:46:17 PM »

Easily believable, and 100% Team DeSantis. This isn't 2016 anymore. I don't think the silly names Trump is undoubtedly going to make up about DeSantis are going to work. It's unfortunate that so much of the GOP base is electorally married to Trump.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2022, 06:47:33 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2022, 06:54:31 PM by Antifacist Ghost of Ruin »

That you think these are significant achievements of a well-run government says a lot. None of it, in my opinion, at all flattering. But let's set that aside and pretending they are issues of import to the good governance of the state of Florida. What has Governor DeSantis actually done? What has he delivered?

On the issue of "big tech", to the best of my knowledge, the only thing he has done is signed a law that was soon put on hold pending litigation, and, like Trump, done a lot of whining and grandstanding. How does this accomplish anything?

On the issue of "CRT", he has again done a lot of whining and grandstanding, and is pushing some legislation (that has yet to go anywhere). What would it actually change in classrooms for Florida's children?

It looks to me like all DeSantis does is Orwell's Five Minute Hate, and you've fallen for it, hook, line, and sinker.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2022, 10:54:51 PM »

DeSantis can do what Trump promised but was too inept to so - Make America Great Again, for good this time.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2022, 05:14:00 AM »

DeSantis can do what Trump promised but was too inept to so - Make America Great Again, for good this time.
I thought the only reason it was becoming great again was because Trump was making it great again.  I am not convinced the right wing has any desire to actually do anything for anyone without Cheeto in power first.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2022, 05:22:41 AM »

I can't see Trump running, losing the nomination, and staying on the sidelines promoting someone else for the job he wants. He's already gone hard against other Republicans who didn't support his election conspiracy theories in an election he clearly lost--imagine his reaction if he loses the nomination within the party.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2022, 10:13:54 AM »

DeSantis being successful at taking over the base and keeping it unified would be a Reaganesque feat.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2022, 10:18:11 AM »

I don't think DeSantis would even run against Trump.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2022, 10:21:50 AM »

The fact that both DeSantis and Trump are downplaying the feud and Trump's people blaming it on the establishment is interesting. I think DeSantis could make a good VP for Trump. He would be a great candidate in 2028 whether or not Trump wins.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2022, 11:11:00 AM »

The fact that both DeSantis and Trump are downplaying the feud and Trump's people blaming it on the establishment is interesting. I think DeSantis could make a good VP for Trump. He would be a great candidate in 2028 whether or not Trump wins.

If Trump wins I’d say Democrats will be favored to flip the presidency back in 2028. I think 2024 will be the best shot for DeSantis. He’ll also have been out of office for two years by 2028.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies