Opinion of DavidB.?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:30:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of DavidB.?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 123

Author Topic: Opinion of DavidB.?  (Read 3793 times)
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2022, 08:26:48 PM »

Good lord... if being an actual white nationalist is not enough to get considered an HP, then what is?

All of you who voted FF or said he was a "nice guy" should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves.

I still don't know who this person is

He's replied in this thread multiple times and has more posts than you do.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2022, 08:31:20 PM »

... I can respect when people back away from truly abhorrent things they have said in the past.  You've said much more, of course, but at least where this one is concerned I'll consider it buried.

Nice try on the 'omg that was six year ago, totally ancient history you weirdo!!' though.  When people say absolutely terrible things, it tends to stick in many posters' memories, you know?  Especially if there's not much else to remember you by.

Good lord... if being an actual white nationalist is not enough to get considered an HP, then what is?

From all the abhorrent and vile comments he has said in the past, it is hard to erase these things from one's mind.

Just an odd person. One who defends everything Jewish/Israel and would call-out others for anti-Semitic comments, but yet would belittle all other "minority" groups.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2022, 08:35:19 PM »

All of you who voted FF or said he was a "nice guy" should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves.

He must have changed his avatar. Avatars are the only way I can recognize people on this site.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2022, 09:12:50 PM »

He must have changed his avatar. Avatars are the only way I can recognize people on this site.
He also posts a lot on the Dutch thread so that's another way you can recognize him.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2022, 11:03:40 PM »

DavidB went out of his way to reach out to me with concern when my posts indicated that I might be in a bad place (I was really just being morbid about standard burnout and other devastating aspects of American culture). Very clearly a deeply empathetic person to match his overall intelligence. Very fond of this fantastic guy

Just because someone was nice to you personally does not make them a good person.

For the love of god, how can you possibly say that someone who said this is a "fantastic guy"?

China can be predominantly Chinese and Nigeria can be predominantly Nigerian, why can't the U.S. - which was built up by Europeans - be predominantly European?
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2022, 11:07:41 PM »

Yeah, I didn't recognize him either. I don't mean to be rude, I just simply have never interacted with this user to my recollection.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2022, 12:17:16 AM »

DavidB went out of his way to reach out to me with concern when my posts indicated that I might be in a bad place (I was really just being morbid about standard burnout and other devastating aspects of American culture). Very clearly a deeply empathetic person to match his overall intelligence. Very fond of this fantastic guy

Just because someone was nice to you personally does not make them a good person.

For the love of god, how can you possibly say that someone who said this is a "fantastic guy"?

China can be predominantly Chinese and Nigeria can be predominantly Nigerian, why can't the U.S. - which was built up by Europeans - be predominantly European?

Like I said he has a very European view on that issue and his view would not be like that if he was American .

Also even if you think those views make him crazy, tell me do you not have a single friend or family member whose views you wouldnt consider crazy. If you dont then you are the one who is living in a bubble
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2022, 01:06:52 AM »

The Chinese and Nigerians agree - if America wasn't majority-white, do you think Chinese and Nigerians would be moving here?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2022, 05:52:53 AM »

Like I said he has a very European view on that issue and his view would not be like that if he was American .

Also even if you think those views make him crazy, tell me do you not have a single friend or family member whose views you wouldnt consider crazy. If you dont then you are the one who is living in a bubble

As a European, I can assure you that he doesn't.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2022, 06:28:22 AM »
« Edited: January 19, 2022, 06:33:41 AM by Middle-aged Europe »

Yeah, think of them what you will, but most of DavidB.'s political beliefs are certainly not "normal" or "mainstream" for Western Europe. Maybe in Poland or Hungary they would be. How can they when he's politically active in political parties that are usually considered right-wing or even far-right rather than centrist or something?
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2022, 08:42:34 AM »

> as a European
> is Scottish
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2022, 11:58:08 AM »

> as a European
> is Scottish

What continent is Scotland in. I'll wait
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2022, 12:00:25 PM »

There is a difference between a crazy belief and an evil belief.
Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2022, 01:00:42 PM »

> as a European
> is Scottish

What continent is Scotland in. I'll wait

Mighty Britain. A continent to be proud of.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2022, 01:34:25 PM »

This is exactly my thought, and was going to post something similar.
For OSR to downplay such behavior by using the word "crazy" is laughable.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2022, 09:21:39 PM »

Massive FF.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2022, 10:46:16 PM »

He’s one of my original Atlas amigos on here so of course Massive FF

What's a bit of unapologetic white nationalism between buddies after all?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2022, 10:49:30 PM »

And as was previously pointed out by santander, but apparently per usual went in one ear and out your other, European cities largely have as diverse populations as many if not most US cities. That's certainly the case in most dutch cities like Amsterdam.

But please, continue to give him a pass For being an overt racist because you consider him a pal.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2022, 12:44:42 AM »

What is that difference?
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2022, 12:45:41 PM »

Yeah, think of them what you will, but most of DavidB.'s political beliefs are certainly not "normal" or "mainstream" for Western Europe. Maybe in Poland or Hungary they would be. How can they when he's politically active in political parties that are usually considered right-wing or even far-right rather than centrist or something?

Mainstream no, but there's a sizeable 10-15% minority that does hold them (a bit higher or lower depending on country). The voters from (insert far right populist party) do come from somewhere after all
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2022, 02:13:56 PM »

Mainstream no, but there's a sizeable 10-15% minority that does hold them (a bit higher or lower depending on country). The voters from (insert far right populist party) do come from somewhere after all

No sh**t.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2022, 07:20:03 PM »

Nice guy and a fellow soc. con/eco. prog user, even though he's more hawkish on immigration than I am. FF.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2022, 08:43:58 PM »

Which again,  is no different than here.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2022, 01:00:11 PM »

What is that difference?

A crazy belief can come from a place of naivety or misinformation.

An evil belief is a statement to one's personal morality and character.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #99 on: January 31, 2022, 01:08:47 PM »

What is that difference?

A crazy belief can come from a place of naivety or misinformation.

An evil belief is a statement to one's personal morality and character.

Do you imagine there's a strict dividing line between the two? Take the typical Nazi in 1930s Germany, who probably believed all sorts of ridiculous rumors about the Jews-- was he simply misinformed due to the overwhelming nature of state propaganda, or does his susceptibility to propaganda itself make a statement about his character?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies