Is Trump going to pull a Grover Cleveland?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:13:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is Trump going to pull a Grover Cleveland?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Is Trump going to be the 45th and 47th president?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 79

Author Topic: Is Trump going to pull a Grover Cleveland?  (Read 2152 times)
MassTerp94
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 15, 2022, 09:42:22 PM »

If voters are really willing to put a fascist back in office, this country is beyond saving.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 09:59:07 PM »

Yeah I really feel he will do what Grover did once - be the second U.S. president to win two non-consecutive terms... also he'd be the first president to do that after being impeached twice, which is actually going to make him look really good in history books.  Kinda like a badass... but sometimes history's badasses were really just in the end, assholes.  (Can i say asshole on here?)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 10:31:07 PM »

No, the Jan 6 th Commission is gonna issue a report and it's gonna contain Criminal liability on Trump, he committed Mob action which is a misdemenor in state Crt, many BLM protesters have been convicted of this, let's all remember he didn't win 2016 he won on the back of Russia Kremlin and Gary Johnson
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2022, 11:16:28 PM »

He very might come close. Which is almost as horrifying.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2022, 08:45:12 AM »

Keeping my fingers crossed hoping for a Trump win in 2024.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2022, 10:49:08 AM »

Yes, after a GOP coup.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2022, 10:50:15 AM »

I expect Donald Trump to win big in 2024, perhaps with 366-369 EVs and maybe with around 60% of the popular vote.
PRESIDENT STANTON II
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2022, 07:23:34 PM »

I expect Donald Trump to win big in 2024, perhaps with 366-369 EVs and maybe with around 60% of the popular vote.
If he does, expect the Democrats & the media begin another narrative designed to deligitmize Trump! A Russia 🇷🇺 collusion redux! Probably they'll use the China 🇨🇳 collusion conspiracy angle, and start another soap opera investigation kabuki! Why not? I figure Republican's are gonna spend 2023, using their majority in both Chambers to investigate Hunter Biden, his art scam & the laptop & blame Biden for the Ukraine 🇺🇦 situation! Payback is a b*tch! You bet Democrats will cry foul over this! But Kevin McCarthy and his bunch will respond "Hey what's good for the goose, is good for the gander" They'll likely target Adam Schiff & other Ho
use Democrats & kick them off committees! It should be fun! 😊McCarthy is an a*shole, but my kinda as*hole!
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2022, 08:00:34 PM »

He will come close, but no.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2022, 06:50:15 PM »

I voted Yes.

If Donald Trump is elected again, I fully expect him to divorce Melania and marry one of Baron Trump's female peers before leaving office.
krb08
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: -7.74

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2022, 10:34:04 PM »

This doesn't answer the question
Medal506
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2022, 11:22:53 PM »

TwinGeeks99
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2022, 12:58:47 AM »

Contrary to what many are saying about him possibly stealing the election, if the Biden administration continues to fail the public on COVID and not keep their promises on passing voting rights' legislation, he may very well win legitimately anyway due to people growing disillusioned with Biden.
Hollywood
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2022, 01:37:01 AM »

Democrats are going to put Trump into Office.  All Republicans did was stand out of the way and let them pursue their fascist policies.  I've listened to the majority of D posters constantly warning me that the Democrats will just use J6 to beat the Republicans.  How?   Nobody is listening anymore.  Democrats are telling me the shelves at my stores are full when like 1/5 are empty.   

Democrats are so confused about reality that they don't even know how to campaign against Republicans in these state elections.  Whitmer is already attacking parents, which is step 1 to Democrat implosion in swing suburbs.  If you listened to CNN (I did), you'd have no idea why Loudon County sexual Assault Cover-up was a reasonable issues that parents capitalized on. 

You'll get away with lying many times if you can accomplish something for the American people.  Trump had successes.  Biden tried to steal some of those accomplishments. 

I want DeSantis.  But you guys couldn't even fully F up enough to give him a runway past Trump.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2022, 05:35:29 AM »

You mean like that 400+ EV win you were saying would happen in 2020?
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2022, 07:10:14 AM »

Democrats are going to put Trump into Office.  All Republicans did was stand out of the way and let them pursue their fascist policies.  I've listened to the majority of D posters constantly warning me that the Democrats will just use J6 to beat the Republicans.  How?   Nobody is listening anymore.  Democrats are telling me the shelves at my stores are full when like 1/5 are empty.   

Democrats are so confused about reality that they don't even know how to campaign against Republicans in these state elections.  Whitmer is already attacking parents, which is step 1 to Democrat implosion in swing suburbs.  If you listened to CNN (I did), you'd have no idea why Loudon County sexual Assault Cover-up was a reasonable issues that parents capitalized on. 

You'll get away with lying many times if you can accomplish something for the American people.  Trump had successes.  Biden tried to steal some of those accomplishments. 

I want DeSantis.  But you guys couldn't even fully F up enough to give him a runway past Trump.
Big Caveat in 2024 is A) If Merrick Garland prosecutes Trump, Trump is out AND B) Ron DeSantis Wife Casey. I'd like DeSantis being POTUS but only if his Wife gives him permission to do so.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2022, 06:33:10 PM »

This doesn't answer the question

Depends on the 2022 elections. The worse the Dems do the more likely Biden will win in 2024 which rules out a Trump 2024 win.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2022, 06:36:36 PM »

voted No. But it's not impossible, unfortunately.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2022, 12:54:00 AM »

If Trump actually somehow won the PV by something like 60-38, he'd be winning a lot more than 366-369 EVs.

Assuming a uniform swing from 2020:

California is the nation's closest state.
MABA 2020
MakeAmericaBritishAgain
United Kingdom

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2022, 05:29:00 PM »

I've been predicting this for years before anyone thought it possible, the only good thing about Trump winning in 2024 would be me being able to brag about getting something right for once.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2022, 05:34:08 PM »

If Biden remains very unpopular, it's quite possible.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2022, 05:37:24 PM »

Lean Yes.

Getting into it with DeSantis this early suggests he is serious about a run, and so does his Sista Souljah moment vs. the anti-vax people. 
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2022, 07:01:10 PM »

Despite Biden's problems, I'm having a hard time envisioning a substantial amount of Biden-->Trump voters, and the risk of a second Trump presidency should help with turnout on the Democratic.

I agree with the earlier poster that he comes close but still falls short.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2022, 08:19:33 PM »

What is with these threads Trump is likely to get Prosecuted by 2024 ANYWAYS and strong chance DeSantis might lose to Crist he is only up 3 on Crist
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2022, 03:01:11 PM »

Despite Biden's problems, I'm having a hard time envisioning a substantial amount of Biden-->Trump voters, and the risk of a second Trump presidency should help with turnout on the Democratic.

I agree with the earlier poster that he comes close but still falls short.

Trump would give Biden a better chance than Generic R, no doubt, but in the current environment, Biden would probably lose to Generic R by 10.  Lots of time for that to change, but R's have a huge margin of error right now and don't really have to give an inch on anything unless conditions improve dramatically.   
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies