Christian Man/PQG vs Western Democrat/President Johnson
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:19:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Christian Man/PQG vs Western Democrat/President Johnson
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who Would you vote for/Who wins
Christian Man/Christian Man

Christian Man/Western Democrat

Western Democrat/Western Democrat

Western Democrat/Christian Man

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: Christian Man/PQG vs Western Democrat/President Johnson  (Read 406 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 15, 2022, 07:31:35 PM »

This is an interesting matchup where you get a pair of two different types of moderates versus Each other. Both Christian Man and Western Democrat are both more populist leaning moderates while PQG and President Johnson are more establishment leaning moderates. All 4 of them are extremely civil posters to so this probably would be among the most civil campaigns in history.

Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 07:36:41 PM »

Reminds me a bit of either the 1904 and 1924 elections, with the largest difference being nationalism.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 02:09:46 PM »

Western Democrat is not really a moderate
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 02:15:33 PM »

He supports gun rights and is really economically liberal and socially moderate, I'd say. He probably qualifies as a moderate or even centrist when discussing certain social issues (and as a solid conservative on the important issue of guns).

Also, generally - Christian Man can't be pegged as left-wing or right-wing as the OP is in a way suggesting; he has a set of very interesting and countervailing views that wouldn't be even nearly summarized as simply 'Republican' or 'Democrat.' He is really an independent.

As for PQG and President Johnson, though, I'd agree they're establishment moderates.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 02:15:41 PM »

Hmm I was thinking this could be a hypothetical 1988 matchup between Mark Hatfield/Nancy Kassebaum vs Bob Casey Sr/Al Gore

Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2022, 02:17:35 PM »

Hmm I was thinking this could be a 1990s matchup between Mark Hatfield/Kay Bailey Hutchinson vs Bob Casey Sr/Al Gore

Yeah, that's an apt comparison (particularly the one of WD to Casey and to a somewhat lesser extent President Johnson to Gore, though unsure if Christian Man is really much like Mark Hatfield...maybe more like Ross Perot?).
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2022, 02:19:55 PM »

(and as a solid conservative on the important issue of guns).

Being pro-gun rights is not a right/left thing at all. It's a civil liberties issue. I'm staunchly against gun control, but I'm not at all a conservative.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2022, 02:44:49 PM »

Hmm I was thinking this could be a 1990s matchup between Mark Hatfield/Kay Bailey Hutchinson vs Bob Casey Sr/Al Gore

Yeah, that's an apt comparison (particularly the one of WD to Casey and to a somewhat lesser extent President Johnson to Gore, though unsure if Christian Man is really much like Mark Hatfield...maybe more like Ross Perot?).

Perot was a pro choice activist and anti gun while Hatfield was pro life and anti war as well
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2022, 02:49:49 PM »

Being pro-gun rights is not a right/left thing at all. It's a civil liberties issue. I'm staunchly against gun control, but I'm not at all a conservative.

Then it depends on how you define liberal (it reminds me of Morpheus from Matrix saying "How do you define real?"). But I'd say most would call support of guns a conservative position, and vice versa, and that most self-identified liberals support gun control.

Perot was a pro choice activist and anti gun while Hatfield was pro life and anti war as well

Fair enough, but overall Perot's views (centrist-but-maybe-a-tad-right-of-centre/independent) and his strong protectionist views would align with Christian Man's.

Honestly, I would be curious to know who Christian Man thinks he is more similar to.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2022, 07:08:33 PM »

Then it depends on how you define liberal (it reminds me of Morpheus from Matrix saying "How do you define real?"). But I'd say most would call support of guns a conservative position, and vice versa, and that most self-identified liberals support gun control.

Fair enough, but overall Perot's views (centrist-but-maybe-a-tad-right-of-centre/independent) and his strong protectionist views would align with Christian Man's.

Honestly, I would be curious to know who Christian Man thinks he is more similar to.

I'd say I'm more socially similar to Mark Hatfield, while more similar to Perot on almost everything else but even then it's not perfect.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2022, 06:53:19 PM »

Agreed. I'd say this election is like Ross Perot/John McCain vs. Max Baucus/Joe Biden
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies