UVA: "We believe [one possibility is] it will be the largest Republican majority in the House..." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:17:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  UVA: "We believe [one possibility is] it will be the largest Republican majority in the House..." (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UVA: "We believe [one possibility is] it will be the largest Republican majority in the House..."  (Read 979 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: January 28, 2022, 11:57:56 AM »

It's not saying THAT much considering the Depression was Democrat-dominated and then the Democrats had the Chamber for 40 straight years from 1954 to 1994. We're really just comparing to a handful of post-World War II years and then the decade after the Republican Revolution and the late Obama presidency.

Specifically, the current record of post-1930 GOP House Majorities was set in 2014 at 247 seats, which is why this project set figuring out 248 seats as its goal.

I'm currently thinking the GOP picks up between 15 and 30 House seats (15 would be a pretty good night for Dems, putting it at 228-207 GOP, while 30 would be a really good night for the GOP, putting it at 243-192 GOP). I guess my median prediction is towards the more GOP friendly end of that, say 25 seats (238-197 GOP), which would be a very solid majority, though smaller than 3 out of the 4 Boehner-Ryan era majorities, only barely being larger than the 234-201 majority they had after the 2012 election.

I think the Democratic Party has a significantly higher floor than it once did and it may be hard to get to 218 majority status again but it'll also be hard for Democrats to drop below 195 again.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies