MI - Craig Internal: TIE (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:44:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  MI - Craig Internal: TIE (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI - Craig Internal: TIE  (Read 1033 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« on: January 13, 2022, 08:33:38 PM »

Believable. While I think Whitmer goes down in the end, I don’t think it will be by that much. Same goes for Evers.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 01:32:23 PM »

Just because Whitmer's opponents may be more vocal than Evers's doesn’t mean that the GOP base is less energized in WI than in MI or particularly tolerant of Evers (who is more constrained by the Court than Whitmer but of course just as partisan as her), and just because Wolf, whose approval numbers have been even worse than Whitmer's in recent polling, can’t run again in 2022, doesn’t mean the GOP base in PA is less energized than in MI or that the issues driving down Whitmer's/Wolf's popularity won’t hurt Shapiro's prospects. I expect all three states to have very similar results in the end, with no race considerably more likely to flip than the other two. Republicans are slightly to moderately favored in all three states but it’s not that hard to see Democrats very narrowly holding one of them.

Is anyone honestly saying that Evers is less vulnerable than Whitmer? The more prevailing wisdom here seems to be that Evers is DOA while Whitmer's race is a Toss-Up. My point is that I expect Republicans to win both races by less than 5%, and while Whitmer might do a point or two better than Evers, I don't see the two races going that differently.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies