What would you do if you became leader of Ciudadanos today? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:07:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  What would you do if you became leader of Ciudadanos today? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What would you do if you became leader of Ciudadanos today?  (Read 529 times)
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« on: January 13, 2022, 05:39:16 AM »

Use my nudes for election campaign posters, just like Albert Rivera did. That would be the final nail in the coffin for this party.

I hope Arrimadas heeds your advice.

In all seriousness I would rebrand, drop the "we must lock up the Process independentists" and focus on opposing Catalan nationalisms favorite hobby horses like forcing bus drivers to speak Catalan, but not get bogged down into the symbolism of it, more the idea that these kind of things are petty obstacles to real progress and better public services.

I'd also try and frame the territorial debate in general as a race to the bottom between different Communities, tackle Diaz Ayuso for her unpatriotism when it comes to draining Spain via a Madrid tax haven and instead say you want every corner of Spain to have the same opportunity to develop with lower taxes across the board, and that real patriotism implies solidarity and that the federal structure of Spain should instead be administrative in nature in order to cater to local issues.

I'd reform the labour market so as to make access to jobs easier, and yes, that may mean a reduction of the minimum wage, but in exchange I wouldn't touch the UBI idea of Podemos. I'd get some sort of scheme that allows youth to work without tax on the employer like that Evil horrible man Macron did in France.

But anyway, I don't actually believe in all this, its just that's what i think a liberal party should stand for in Spain. The problem is Ciudadanos was always a right-wing conservative wolf in liberal sheep's clothing. Its a psy-op designed to replace PP incase the latter had totally lost its marbles with corruption and (especially in Catalonia) general incompetence.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies