What would you do if you became leader of Ciudadanos today?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:56:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  What would you do if you became leader of Ciudadanos today?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What would you do if you became leader of Ciudadanos today?  (Read 513 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 12, 2022, 09:57:32 PM »

Go.
Astatine

Political Matrix
E: -0.72, S: -5.90

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 05:10:07 AM »

Use my nudes for election campaign posters, just like Albert Rivera did. That would be the final nail in the coffin for this party.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 05:22:28 AM »

When I saw this post I thought I’d gone way back on this board and ended up around the 2019 posts.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 05:39:16 AM »

Use my nudes for election campaign posters, just like Albert Rivera did. That would be the final nail in the coffin for this party.

I hope Arrimadas heeds your advice.

In all seriousness I would rebrand, drop the "we must lock up the Process independentists" and focus on opposing Catalan nationalisms favorite hobby horses like forcing bus drivers to speak Catalan, but not get bogged down into the symbolism of it, more the idea that these kind of things are petty obstacles to real progress and better public services.

I'd also try and frame the territorial debate in general as a race to the bottom between different Communities, tackle Diaz Ayuso for her unpatriotism when it comes to draining Spain via a Madrid tax haven and instead say you want every corner of Spain to have the same opportunity to develop with lower taxes across the board, and that real patriotism implies solidarity and that the federal structure of Spain should instead be administrative in nature in order to cater to local issues.

I'd reform the labour market so as to make access to jobs easier, and yes, that may mean a reduction of the minimum wage, but in exchange I wouldn't touch the UBI idea of Podemos. I'd get some sort of scheme that allows youth to work without tax on the employer like that Evil horrible man Macron did in France.

But anyway, I don't actually believe in all this, its just that's what i think a liberal party should stand for in Spain. The problem is Ciudadanos was always a right-wing conservative wolf in liberal sheep's clothing. Its a psy-op designed to replace PP incase the latter had totally lost its marbles with corruption and (especially in Catalonia) general incompetence.

Conservatopia
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.72, S: 8.60

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 05:50:26 AM »

Embezzle the remaining funds and run away to Bermuda.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2022, 10:18:07 AM »

Dissolve the party?

Seriously, its been a negative in Spanish politics for some time now.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2022, 10:26:24 AM »

I hope Arrimadas heeds your advice.
Jesus dude.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2022, 04:01:36 PM »

Ask what I had done to deserve such a fate.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2022, 08:09:52 PM »

I would dissolve the party and seek a well paid job in the service of the populist leader of Madrid,  Isabel Díaz Ayuso

In other words, I would follow the path opened by Toni Cantó, who was a Cs leading figure and now is running a "Spanish Language Office" in Madrid. Said office has no real attributions,  it's just a reward for the services rendered by Toni Cantó in the last election campaign. Ayuso gave him a job in a similar fashion a former Madrid premier called Esperanza Aguirre gave the Vox leader Santiago Abascal another well paid job running a ghost office
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2022, 02:00:44 AM »

Dissolve the party?

Seriously, its been a negative in Spanish politics for some time now.

Tbh despite the party being negative I do not want them to completely collapse. Spain would be well serves by having a centrist liberal party and Cs is the closest we will get
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2022, 02:04:52 PM »

I would actually take the post seriously and try to do well. Because, let us not forget, that C's doing well splits the right wing vote and under the Spanish electoral system that would be good news for the left.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2022, 04:12:44 PM »

Google “what is Ciudadanos?”
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2022, 07:05:00 AM »

I would actually take the post seriously and try to do well. Because, let us not forget, that C's doing well splits the right wing vote and under the Spanish electoral system that would be good news for the left.

Tbf the effect is maximized when a party is polling at around 7-9%

With Cs polling at 2-3% they will hurt, but not as much as they could. Tbh I don't even know if they will manage to get seats. Then again having Arrimadas as the lone MP, completely ignored about everything, would suck for them too
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies