Kentucky bill would ban physicians from giving medically necessary care to transgender youth (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:24:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kentucky bill would ban physicians from giving medically necessary care to transgender youth (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kentucky bill would ban physicians from giving medically necessary care to transgender youth  (Read 2676 times)
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« on: January 14, 2022, 01:44:33 PM »

Although I do believe anything can be covered by insurance providers if they wish to, I don't see the reason why a health insurance provided would need to cover something that isn't treating any disorder or illness.
Many of us are incapable of living a normal life without HRT.

Sounds like a disorder/illness

I would think having chromosomes/anatomy that misalign with  psychology would classify as a disorder that needs treatment? Isn't that the point of therapy, hormones, affirmation surgery, etc.?

Sounds like it is but I can't say it without getting moderated.

Being trans itself isn't a disorder; it's the distress that results from incongruity between one's ideal and current gender presentation and physical characteristics that is. I've pointed this out many times without running afoul of the alleged LEFTY MOD BIAS that so many right-wingers can't stop coping about.

It's not a mental disorder that I like to wear skirts despite being born male. It is a pathological discomfort that I'm on various medications to ameliorate that I feel the narrowness of my hips as a physical force compressing them, or the breadth of my shoulders as an ache so acute that some days I want to chainsaw them off. As painful as it still is, treatment has vastly improved my mental health and my relationship with my form. Some people like to treat transitioning as an aesthetic flight of fancy out of rhetorical convenience when they refuse to understand the actual pain of gender dysphoria and the life-saving effects that it has on many, while simultaneously showing no sympathy when some of us are driven to abject despair by this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies