SB 107-03: Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Full Repeal Act (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:29:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 107-03: Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Full Repeal Act (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12
Author Topic: SB 107-03: Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Full Repeal Act (Passed)  (Read 8809 times)
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2022, 11:40:09 AM »

Why is pericles allowed to delay and grandstand?
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2022, 11:42:42 AM »

Aye
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2022, 11:45:01 AM »

Hilarious S019 accused me of trying to avoid discussion and real democracy by pushing for a vote like one time and his dumbass is grandstanding this entire fking thing. True hypocrisy. Labor can do better than an establishment neoliberal stuck in the 1990s.

Nay on Tabling

You are aware that literally every country accepted "neoliberalism" in the 1980s and 1990s as a response to stagflation, this response is not the clever own you think it is. In fact, it just makes you come off as someone who has literally no idea what you're talking about. Also mind you, this is like the third time we are discussing this nonsense, so it's not like this issue shouldn't be dead and buried, but of course, people like you will refuse to give up their obsession with giving people the "freedom" to be able to kill others. Make no mistake, if this passes, you and everyone else who voted for it, will have blood on their hands. History will remember you as cowards who cowed to the gun industry and enabled the return of the uniquely American scourge of gun violence.

Every country also accepted slavery in the 1800s. What's ur fking point dipsht
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2022, 12:05:59 PM »

Hilarious S019 accused me of trying to avoid discussion and real democracy by pushing for a vote like one time and his dumbass is grandstanding this entire fking thing. True hypocrisy. Labor can do better than an establishment neoliberal stuck in the 1990s.

Nay on Tabling

You are aware that literally every country accepted "neoliberalism" in the 1980s and 1990s as a response to stagflation, this response is not the clever own you think it is. In fact, it just makes you come off as someone who has literally no idea what you're talking about. Also mind you, this is like the third time we are discussing this nonsense, so it's not like this issue shouldn't be dead and buried, but of course, people like you will refuse to give up their obsession with giving people the "freedom" to be able to kill others. Make no mistake, if this passes, you and everyone else who voted for it, will have blood on their hands. History will remember you as cowards who cowed to the gun industry and enabled the return of the uniquely American scourge of gun violence.

You are so dumb, slavery is not at all comparable to market liberalization in the 1990s, this comparison is so stupid that I can’t even really address it.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2022, 01:10:14 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2022, 01:16:28 PM by Senator CentristRepublican »

I strongly oppose the repeal, and I agree with Pericles' position on it, but honestly, what WD did here is fair given the obvious reason the similar, 10-year amendment failed. I would support other, more serious amendments to the repeal to soften its effects should it pass, but I will have to vote aye, since conscience must prevail.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2022, 04:12:17 PM »

On upholding the decision of the PPT:

Aye (9): CentristRepublican, DeadPrez, Kuumo, West Midlander, Dabbing Santa, Old School Republican, MB, Ishan, Western Democrat

Nay (3): S019, OBD, Pericles

Not voting (6): North Carolina Yankee, Joseph Cao, Muad’dib, Spark, Tack, Discolovante

Decision is upheld, the amendment is removed from the floor, and debate resumes.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2022, 04:12:54 PM »

Motion for a final vote.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2022, 04:16:34 PM »

Objecting, and introducing the following amendment.
AN ACT
To repeal the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act in its entirety.

Be it enacted by the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia assembled

Section 1. Title

1. This act may be cited as the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Full Repeal Act.

Section 2. Definitions

2. All sections of the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act are hereby repealed in their entirety, effective immediately. on October 1, 2022.

I have another one but I need more time to write it up so I'll put this up for now so we don't move to a vote before my amendment is considered. If I get a promise that my other amendment will be considered, I'll withdraw this one.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #133 on: January 15, 2022, 04:20:06 PM »

I want to reiterate that if Pericles intends to introduce good-faith amendments to this bill, I don't have a problem with that. 10-20 years is not a serious proposal. I don't agree with this new amendment but provided that the legislative process continues as usual, then far be it for me to want to ban debate.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #134 on: January 15, 2022, 06:08:45 PM »

Nay on Tabling

You are so dumb, slavery is not at all comparable to market liberalization in the 1990s, this comparison is so stupid that I can’t even really address it.

You really are a dipsht
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: January 15, 2022, 06:13:37 PM »

AN ACT
To repeal the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act in its entirety.

Section 1. Title

1. This act may be cited as the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Pericles Ban Full Repeal Act.

Section 2. Definitions

2. All sections of the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act are hereby repealed in their entirety, effective immediately.

3. Any attempt to repeal this bill requires a 2/3'rds majority and can only occur after 50 years

Adding some amendments
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #136 on: January 15, 2022, 06:32:55 PM »

I mean sure add that to the bill but a bare majority of a future Senate wouldn't be bound by it anyway.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #137 on: January 15, 2022, 06:35:06 PM »

AN ACT

Section 1. Title

1. This act may be cited as the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Pericles Ban Full Repeal Act.

Section 2. Definitions

2. All sections of the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act are hereby repealed in their entirety, effective immediately.

3. Any attempt to repeal this bill requires a 2/3'rds majority and can only occur after 50 years

Adding some amendments

This is not a serious or even workable amendment.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2022, 07:07:04 PM »

AN ACT

Section 1. Title

Section 2. Definitions

Adding some amendments

I'm guessing that's the point of the amendment.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #139 on: January 15, 2022, 07:22:15 PM »

Nay on Tabling

You really are a dipsht

You’re the one who has no idea what you’re talking about, but sure….
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #140 on: January 15, 2022, 07:22:30 PM »

AN ACT

Section 1. Title

Section 2. Definitions

Adding some amendments

I'm guessing that's the point of the amendment.

Yes, DeadPrez is trying and failing to be funny.

Anyway, I would support the amendment, actually, if it came to a vote (but would continue to oppose the final bill).
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: January 15, 2022, 07:34:31 PM »

AN ACT

Section 1. Title

Section 2. Definitions

Adding some amendments

Sorry, but no. Invoking Article 3, Section 1.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: January 15, 2022, 07:35:15 PM »

AN ACT

Section 1. Title

1. This act may be cited as the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Full Repeal Act.

Section 2. Definitions

2. All sections of the Federal Assault Weapon and Automatic Weapon Ban Act are hereby repealed in their entirety, effective immediately. on October 1, 2022.

I have another one but I need more time to write it up so I'll put this up for now so we don't move to a vote before my amendment is considered. If I get a promise that my other amendment will be considered, I'll withdraw this one.

24 hours to object to the amendment
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: January 15, 2022, 07:37:00 PM »

AN ACT

Section 1. Title

Section 2. Definitions

Adding some amendments

Nothing in this thread is serious or even workable anymore at this point
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #144 on: January 15, 2022, 07:39:40 PM »

AN ACT

Section 1. Title

Section 2. Definitions

24 hours to object to the amendment

Objecting.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2022, 07:40:46 PM »

AN ACT

Section 1. Title

Section 2. Definitions

An objection being raised, a vote is now open on the amendment. Senators, please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #146 on: January 15, 2022, 07:40:50 PM »

AN ACT

Section 1. Title

Section 2. Definitions

Adding some amendments

Nothing in this thread is serious or even workable anymore at this point

We need to totally and completely shut it down!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #147 on: January 15, 2022, 07:42:52 PM »

Nay
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine