🇳🇱 Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: General Election (Nov 22) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:35:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇳🇱 Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: General Election (Nov 22) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 🇳🇱 Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: General Election (Nov 22)  (Read 62269 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: March 19, 2022, 05:25:05 AM »

Are there any embarrassed retrospectives on that Ukrainian referendum a few years back?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2022, 12:35:58 PM »

I've asked this before, but give that PvdD now is getting relatively substantial seats is it starting the process of becoming a governing party, even if merely as external support?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2022, 08:20:25 AM »

Why is Maastricht so dominated by old people parties? Some kind of local Senior Party in first, CDA and PvdA both up there etc. I thought it was a university town?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2022, 06:17:44 AM »

It obviously makes ideological sense for a party like Denk to be brought into that sort of coalition, but have their been any agitation from activists from either the party or VVD/Leefbaar against the two working together? Like, I could not imagine Denk forming a coalition on a national level for obvious reasons, but even at a local level there could be a lot of discomfort (I recall a mooted SP-PvdA-Gl association with Nida went down in flames, for example)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2023, 07:36:30 AM »

Is BBB likely to be flash in the pan? Are they merely single issue on this nitrogen thing? What coalitions could they form?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2023, 11:26:05 AM »

So the evening will look as follows.

21:00: Polls close; exit poll for Noord-Holland
21:20: Exit poll for Overijssel
21:40: Exit poll for Noord-Brabant
22:00: Exit poll for Senate
22:30: Results for municipalites start coming in

After 1:30: Separate prognoses for all 12 Provincial States + Senate, based on actual results, with high level of reliability

--

At 10:30, turnout was 8%, 1% higher than in 2019. Total turnout was 56% in 2019, which was relatively high compared to the Provincial elections in the years before - turnout used to be around 50%.

Who are you voting for these days?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2023, 06:06:28 AM »

The Netherlands is not the only country in Europe that has a large agricultural sector and its also not the only country that is trying to meet climate change targets. Why is this BBB revolt by farmers such a uniquely Dutch phenomenon? Why do we not see similar parties popping up in Germany or Denmark or Belgium. I know those other countries have rightwing populist parties - but they tend to be focused on xenophobia and not fight against nitrogen reduction.

The nature and scale of these nitrogen cuts, and the way they were handled (imposed by a court) is  relatively unique to. The Netherlands.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2023, 02:47:26 PM »

One of you may have explained this, but why did neither Denk nor Bij1 run in these elections? (I guess DENK did run a small slate, but they lost all their seats). I know the former is troubled, but what's happening with the latter?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2023, 03:39:07 PM »

If the CDA really wanted to survive, could they bend the knee and let Omtzigt back in as leader?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2023, 09:40:11 AM »

Things are getting even more heated now in the PvdD.

People who love animals so much often seem to have serious issues when with dealing with human beings

I think it's astonishing that they've avoided such a blow up for so long - they've been around for a decade with essentially very little drama. By contrast, Volt lasted what - a year in the spotlight before self destructing?

Has thieme herself commented?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2023, 07:10:53 AM »

I'll add it to the list

the netherlands should raise the threshold to 5%

they need move the thershold up to 5% no way should a party under 1% of the vote be awared a seat

They need to raised the threshold to 5%
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2023, 04:02:48 PM »

Stages of grief speedrun.

In fairness, I think that guy is a dual national with a Moroccan background so he has quite a legitimate reason to fear a Wilders gov beyond normal partisan "muh side lost".

Interesting there was no predicted "gaza effect" to either sace Bij1 or bolster denk.

If the senate is problematic, is there a mechanism by which ths regions can be prematurely dissolved so a new senate can be elected?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies