Republicans: If Brian Kemp or David Perdue lose, will you accept their loss?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:54:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Republicans: If Brian Kemp or David Perdue lose, will you accept their loss?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Republicans: If Brian Kemp or David Perdue lose, will you accept their loss?  (Read 1364 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 08, 2022, 08:35:37 PM »

For Republicans here: If Gov. Brian Kemp or former Sen. David Perdue lose to Stacey Abrams in 2022, will you accept that loss or will you object?
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 08:39:22 PM »

I can't speak for most Republicans, but I will accept their loss and concede both the loss and the fact that the party would have to unite to start winning again, and even that likely wouldn't be enough due to demographic shifts
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 08:47:29 PM »

Yes, but then again my current gut prediction is that they’ll lose to Abrams anyways, even if there’s a red wave throughout the rest of the country.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 09:21:47 PM »

I can't speak for most Republicans, but I will accept their loss and concede both the loss and the fact that the party would have to unite to start winning again, and even that likely wouldn't be enough due to demographic shifts
We don't need GA. It would be nice to have it but we don't need it not to mention that the Republican State Legislature would stall the Abrams Agenda.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 09:30:54 PM »

Cook rates GA Gov Race as Lean R and GA Senate as a Tossup, Rs have reelected their Govs since 2002/ Abrams is underdog but not Warnock same with Hobbs in AZ Kelly is Fav in Sen but Hobbs is the Underdog

We're not sweeping AZ, GA and KS Spl voting just like Rs aren't sweeping WI, NV, ME and MI and PA Leans D with Whitmer and Shapiro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2022, 09:44:42 PM »

Cook rates GA Gov Race as Lean R and GA Senate as a Tossup, Rs have reelected their Govs since 2002/ Abrams is underdog but not Warnock same with Hobbs in AZ Kelly is Fav in Sen but Hobbs is the Underdog

We're not sweeping AZ, GA and KS Spl voting just like Rs aren't sweeping WI, NV, ME and MI and PA Leans D with Whitmer and Shapiro
Whitmer is not leaning D. This will be a Toss Up Race.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2022, 05:30:38 AM »

Of course.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2022, 06:06:48 PM »

It's funny that Republicans always say of course they will accept the results of a future election but the vast majority do not accept the results of the last presidential election. Speaking of Republicans in general of course not those who posted to this thread.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2022, 07:37:52 PM »

We don't need GA. It would be nice to have it but we don't need it not to mention that the Republican State Legislature would stall the Abrams Agenda.

If Abrams wins, it's possible enough that one or both houses flip as well.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2022, 03:30:17 PM »

Not a Republican but I think an Abrams win is likely especially since the GA GOP is split at the gubernatorial level.
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2022, 11:27:07 AM »

Considering I live in reality, yes I will accept their loss. I may even have be a tiny bit happy if Perdue is the nominee and he loses.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2022, 01:30:17 PM »

Well, it depends on exactly what goes down.  That's always the answer.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2022, 04:59:46 AM »

They aren't gonna lose unless it's a runoff but we don't need the Gov race, we need the Senate race and Abrams is wave insurance that's why LA is in play there are multiple candidates in the race that's how Warnock got to a runoff
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2022, 08:32:35 PM »

It would be weird not to prepare yourself for an Abrams victory considering she has at least a 1 in 3 chance of pulling it off, maybe even more than 50% against Kemp.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2022, 09:46:28 PM »

Of course. We’re not gonna pull a Stacey Abrams.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2022, 10:47:56 AM »

I don't even live in Georgia.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2022, 06:00:47 PM »

Of course. We’re not gonna pull a Stacey Abrams.

Are you sure about that? Can Republicans accept a Black woman as Governor of Georgia?
Rjjr77
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2022, 12:49:28 AM »

For Republicans here: If Gov. Brian Kemp or former Sen. David Perdue lose to Stacey Abrams in 2022, will you accept that loss or will you object?
Why would we? According to her this is abrams' reelect?

Yes Id accept it, but until 2020 it was democrats who didnt accept results and we gloss over that
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2022, 09:24:51 AM »

Why should we?
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2022, 12:19:46 PM »

Kemp yes, Perdue NO
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2022, 12:44:08 PM »

Are you implying that they could never lose fair and square?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2022, 02:34:59 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2022, 02:38:24 PM by Senator CentristRepublican »

Yes, of course, and if it's Perdue who loses to Abrams, I'd be celebrating (if it's Kemp who loses maybe a bit more neutral).

Well, it depends on exactly what goes down.  That's always the answer.

What does this mean? Sounds like the sort of non-answer you'd expect from a politician. Either stand up and say you believe the Big Lie, or join the other Republicans here in accepting that the GOP can lose GA. Don't hedge. Giving a straight answer is better, even if your answer is 'no' (because then at least you're being honest about it and we can adjust our opinions of you accordingly).

So basically if the race has an outcome you don't like, then you won't accept that outcome? All I can say is I'm glad you're not GA's Secretary of State (or the Secretary of State of any Biden state for that matter).

You win some, you lose some, and it's important not to be a sore loser when you lose. The GOP was sore losers in 2020 and 2021, and it's terrible precedent. But if you didn't know that already obviously this won't convince you. All your post does is show everyone you're one of the forum's most extreme members inthat you are one of the few Big Lie believers on here.

Why would we? According to her this is abrams' reelect?

Yes Id accept it, but until 2020 it was democrats who didnt accept results and we gloss over that

Let's be fair, there were some legitimate questions about the results. Having said that Kemp won (but maybe not by the official margin, since there were some legitimate controversies/irregularities and he was the SoS), and Abrams could have behaved better. And you know the difference between what Abrams and for that matter, others like John James, a Michigan Republican, did and what Trump did - the former may not have conceded when they should have, but they didn't have their party trumpet that lie, silence those that quetioned that lie, and incite insurrection, like Trump did. So this is a serious question. The GOP has a bad track record now when it comes to losing races, and it's much worse than what Abrams/James have done.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2022, 02:56:11 PM »

What does this mean? Sounds like the sort of non-answer you'd expect from a politician. Either stand up and say you believe the Big Lie, or join the other Republicans here in accepting that the GOP can lose GA. Don't hedge. Giving a straight answer is better, even if your answer is 'no' (because then at least you're being honest about it and we can adjust our opinions of you accordingly).

A non-answer is the only correct answer to have right now, since we have not yet observed the election to know that it has been conducted fairly and legally.  There are a practically infinite number of circumstances (whether favoring Democrats or Republicans) that could/should call into question the outcome of the election.   

Giving a blanket "yes/no" answer at this point predicates your acceptance of the result entirely on its outcome, which is not what respect for elections and democracy entails at all.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2022, 03:05:44 PM »

A non-answer is the only correct answer to have right now, since we have not yet observed the election to know that it has been conducted fairly and legally.  There are a practically infinite number of circumstances (whether favoring Democrats or Republicans) that could/should call into question the outcome of the election.   

Giving a blanket "yes/no" answer at this point predicates your acceptance of the result entirely on its outcome, which is not what respect for elections and democracy entails at all.

I get what you're saying and of course you are right inthat it's possible Abrams officially wins but that there are legitimate questions/irregularities surrounding her victory.

But I think you know fully well in which context this question's being asked, though to be fair the OP wording can be a bit vague/confusing, and your answer as based on your interpretation of it is fine. But here's the question I think was implied: If something similar to 2020/21 happens, will you support the Big Lie Redux or oppose it? A 'yes' answer doesn't mean you're blindly saying any Abrams win is legitimate; just that if it is like 2020 (I think that's generally what the OP is trying to imply) and Abrams wins in that sort of scenario (i.e., she wins by about 0.2% and there are mail-in ballots cast), then would you refuse to accept those results, or accept them? There's only one answer - yes. So to that particular question, what is your answer?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2022, 03:08:02 PM »

Given it’s not Sports  or Atlasia my answer is yes
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to: