What gubernatorial primaries are non-competitive?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 02:10:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  What gubernatorial primaries are non-competitive?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What gubernatorial primaries are non-competitive?  (Read 586 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 07, 2022, 12:44:54 PM »

What gubernatorial primaries are not competitive?
John Forbes Kerrygold 🧈
ObamasWaffle
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 12:50:37 PM »

Arkansas governor comes to mind. 
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 01:22:56 PM »

PA - Dem
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2022, 02:37:55 AM »
« Edited: January 09, 2022, 04:15:31 PM by Lone Star Politics »

Dem primaries in Texas and Georgia, republican primary in Arkansas. That's all I can really name off the top of my head aside from primaries involving the incumbent in most states.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2022, 10:42:51 AM »

Idaho, interestingly enough. Polls are showing that Little has a very commanding lead over McGeachin. Another state where the gubernatorial primaries appear to be noncompetitive is Colorado. I'm not even sure if someone has filed to run against Polis, although I'm sure he will face some token opposition. He's in no danger whatsoever and will easily win both the primary and the general elections. As for the Republican gubernatorial primary, Heidi Ganahl seems to have established herself as the definite frontrunner and will probably be the nominee at this point.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2022, 01:02:01 PM »

Idaho, interestingly enough. Polls are showing that Little has a very commanding lead over McGeachin. Another state where the gubernatorial primaries appear to be noncompetitive is Colorado. I'm not even sure if someone has filed to run against Polis, although I'm sure he will face some token opposition. He's in no danger whatsoever and will easily win both the primary and the general elections. As for the Republican gubernatorial primary, Heidi Ganahl seems to have established herself as the definite frontrunner and will probably be the nominee at this point.

This is the exact opposite of what “non-competitive” means. There is legitimate competition. Whether or not that competition stands a chance of winning is a different matter.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2022, 07:39:11 PM »

This is the exact opposite of what “non-competitive” means. There is legitimate competition. Whether or not that competition stands a chance of winning is a different matter.

I didn't interpret the opening poster's question that way. I interpreted it as meaning any contests where one candidate is overwhelmingly favored or faces token opposition.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies