How would you react if...?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:28:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  How would you react if...?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How would you react if...?  (Read 250 times)
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 31, 2021, 08:26:10 AM »

Biden were to come out and say something among the lines of "My fellow Americans, the Omicron variant has caused our cases to skyrocket and our hospitals to be overwhelmed. I have come to realize that this is not going to ease up much anytime soon unless we do one of three things, We either impose a nationwide vaccine mandate, a nationwide mask mandate or a nationwide lockdown. So, here's my proposition to all Americans, especially the unvaccinated ones. I know I promised I wouldn't push for any of these things in the past, but that was before we realized things would get this bad. So, to the anti-vaxxers, the ball to prevent more restrictions down the line is in your court. I propose that if cases don't drop down to below 300,000 average daily cases within 2 weeks, we will have to impose a nationwide lockdown that will be in effect until we get under 300,000 average cases daily where no one will be allowed to go within 100 feet of their house outside of essential workers. If we want to avoid that, we must either wear a mask and social distance or get the vaccine.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 11:09:13 AM »

I would be quite shocked and angry, because not only is this something that the federal government lacks the authority to do - but there is absolutely zero desire for this sort of response from even the biggest germaphobes in the country.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2022, 12:48:56 AM »

I would try to get some supplies and then try to hunker down, because I would expect the worst civil unrest in 150 years.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2022, 03:52:55 AM »

I'd be shocked he stayed awake long enough to give that speech.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies