Anyone else stunned at how far right Florida has shifted? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:37:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Anyone else stunned at how far right Florida has shifted? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone else stunned at how far right Florida has shifted?  (Read 2562 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: January 20, 2022, 03:46:32 PM »
« edited: January 22, 2022, 11:01:12 AM by Person Man »

I mean, the landlords have noticed. Once people start acting like they have money (like voting Republican), people are going to start treating them like they have money. Your typical $1200 two bedroom apartment in a Middle Class neighborhood in now like $2000-2200. The typical quarter-million dollar 3 bedroom ranch home or townhome in Jacksonville is now a third million dollar home. And my new place is $100 cheaper (in suburban Virginia) a month than a similar one in my old complex.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 11:03:34 AM »

I will also add that not having Florida in play makes it harder for Democrats to do anything. Eventually they will have to win there again somehow unless Democrats get their act together in places like Texas, Montana, and Arizona.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 02:04:12 PM »

I will also add that not having Florida in play makes it harder for Democrats to do anything. Eventually they will have to win there again somehow unless Democrats get their act together in places like Texas, Montana, and Arizona.

IDK not being totally dependent on the biggest states is probably good for Dems in the long run for turning votes into actual control.

Softening up MT/AK/KS/NE over the medium run is a better bet than trying to win back FL.  I would still say NC is worth the effort, though.

And maybe eventually Idaho. Basically any Perot-y states should be looked to to make up lost ground with Obama-Trump areas.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 02:36:52 PM »

IDK not being totally dependent on the biggest states is probably good for Dems in the long run for turning votes into actual control.

Softening up MT/AK/KS/NE over the medium run is a better bet than trying to win back FL.  I would still say NC is worth the effort, though.

Probably add UT to that list as well. And I know you've also been banging the drum about LA as a future Dem target.

My guess is that if Roe is overruled, it makes it easier for Democrats there as JBE shows that Democrats can be competitive if abortion wasn't an issue there though I imagine that though National Democrats will back off on things like late term abortion, they aren't going to just give up on it. That could complicate things but it would be a better situation for Louisiana Democrats.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies