Is the fear that Republicans will steal 2024 similar to “Trump can only lose if there’s fraud?”
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 04:22:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is the fear that Republicans will steal 2024 similar to “Trump can only lose if there’s fraud?”
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: “This election is rigged folks” - Democrats and their media allies re:2024
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: Is the fear that Republicans will steal 2024 similar to “Trump can only lose if there’s fraud?”  (Read 786 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 23, 2021, 03:34:56 PM »

More specifically, is there an ongoing narrative among Democrats and their allies in the media that the only way that Republicans can win in 2024 is by doing a coup/sensing alternative electors from Republican-controlled state legislatures etc.?

Now, why, might you ask, is so much being written up in allegedly respectable mainstream media sources? Yes, January 6 and the events leading up to it were disturbing and alarming, and a disturbing number of Republicans believe and are acting as if Biden is an illegitimate usurper…all true, all worth our concern…

….but I just can’t help but suspect that this obsession with sounding the alarm about how Republicans in general, and Donald Trump in particular, are plotting to overthrow democracy is being weaponized as a convenient distraction from the ongoing incompetence of and betrayals by Democrats (and their disgraceful media allies). Gotta keep that affluent college-educated liberal base subscribed to the “news” sites and donating to Democratic candidates and allied causes.

In other words, the legitimate fears of Republican skullduggery in future elections are being exploited as a means of convincing liberals that Democrats would be winning if not for Republican cheating and anti-democratic measures — as opposed to, say, Republicans winning in a perfectly legitimate manner because voters feel betrayed by Biden and the Democrats in general.

Bottom line: If you’re arguing or insinuating that you can only lose if the other side is cheating, your desperation is showing. And you’re probably going to lose outright anyway. The Big Lie!
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 04:59:59 PM »
« Edited: December 23, 2021, 05:46:14 PM by BlueSwan »

No. Your entire post is moronic. We are all dumber for having read it.

Election subversion, fraud or suppression is very obviously not the only way democrats can lose in 2024. Democrats are more than capable of losing elections all by themselves and I don’t hear anybody claiming otherwise. Infact, the “liberal” media is obsessed with “dems in disarray” takes.

The threat that the current iteration of the GOP poses to democracy and western civilization in general is very very real and should not be taken lightly. The only way to prevent a fascist takeover is to vote for democrats and that is just the facts on the ground currently and believe me, I wish it wasn’t so. I've been on this forum for ages and you did not see me complain about possible McCain or Romney presidencies ushering in fascism. That’s because McCain and Romney were not fascists and were not threatening to abolish democracy. This current iteration of the GOP very much is.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 05:41:42 PM »

I expect a Trump-admiring pol to succeed him as the 2024 Republican nominee if Trump does not run. Republicans still think that Democrats win Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin because of corrupt urban machines in Phoenix, Atlanta, Detroit, Philadelphia, and Milwaukee instead of finding ways to address the more legitimate concerns of the largely-minority voters in such states.

Were I a Republican I would start with major educational reforms that introduce more rigor in schooling as a cause for better rewards in life for kids now relegated to the school-to-prison pipeline. Of course more rigor in schooling would apply also to white kids who would learn to read between the line and be able to reject propaganda... politics is rightfully for improving life in all of its aspects instead of dividing the spoils of tax dollars, don't you think? If that means that Trump-like creeps lose elections... then good.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2021, 05:54:38 PM »

No. Your entire post is moronic. We are all dumber for having read it.

Ok, #VoteBlueNoMatterWho Roll Eyes
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2021, 10:51:32 PM »

No because Trump and his thugs spent months after the election trying to overturn it against the Democratic will of the people in each state that he lost. I'm sorry to all the Republican and R-sympathizers here but your party has earned its anti-democracy reputation.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2021, 10:54:35 PM »

I don’t see this narrative among progressives at all.  Republicans just won a bunch of very close elections in Virginia, and I didn’t see anyone claiming the election was stolen.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2021, 11:15:25 PM »

I expect a Trump-admiring pol to succeed him as the 2024 Republican nominee if Trump does not run. Republicans still think that Democrats win Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin because of corrupt urban machines in Phoenix, Atlanta, Detroit, Philadelphia, and Milwaukee instead of finding ways to address the more legitimate concerns of the largely-minority voters in such states.

Were I a Republican I would start with major educational reforms that introduce more rigor in schooling as a cause for better rewards in life for kids now relegated to the school-to-prison pipeline. Of course more rigor in schooling would apply also to white kids who would learn to read between the line and be able to reject propaganda... politics is rightfully for improving life in all of its aspects instead of dividing the spoils of tax dollars, don't you think? If that means that Trump-like creeps lose elections... then good.
At least 4, and possibly all 5 of those cities proper swung right. So did minorities nationally. It was upper middle class, suburban, college educated, NIMBY whites who swung left in those five states.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2021, 04:17:37 PM »

No, because the Democrats’ biggest fears could very obviously be proven false or true (rejection of electors by state legislatures/refusal to certify by Congress) since there’s no room for debate or ambiguity as to whether or not those events happened. Republican claims of voter fraud are obviously much harder to prove either way so it’s easier for them to claim it was stolen.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies