Sticky reduction Act
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:20:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Sticky reduction Act
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sticky reduction Act  (Read 1988 times)
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 21, 2004, 05:36:08 PM »

I'd like to propose the following bill to the senate:

All threads currently stickied will hereby be condensed into one stickied thread entitled "Atlas Forum Headquarters."  The AFH thread will include a brief explanation of forum government and politics to potential members as well as links to the registration thread, the constitution, party platforms, and bills currently up for debate or vote in the senate.  The thread will contain links to each major parties forums and/or website, a list of registered voters, and a list of current office holders.  Voting threads will not be included within the "Atlas Forum Headquarters" thread considering the importance of those threads existing in a separate capacity.

A member of the senate shall be elected by a vote of the senate with the approval of the president to be in charge of maintaining the AFH thread.

If any of you have questions about my proposed legislation, please ask them here.

I would be more than willing to take charge of this thread.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 05:44:49 PM »

I'd like to propose the following bill to the senate:

All threads currently stickied will hereby be condensed into one stickied thread entitled "Atlas Forum Headquarters."  The AFH thread will include a brief explanation of forum government and politics to potential members as well as links to the registration thread, the constitution, party platforms, and bills currently up for debate or vote in the senate.  The thread will contain links to each major parties forums and/or website, a list of registered voters, and a list of current office holders.  Voting threads will not be included within the "Atlas Forum Headquarters" thread considering the importance of those threads existing in a separate capacity.

A member of the senate shall be elected by a vote of the senate with the approval of the president to be in charge of maintaining the AFH thread.

If any of you have questions about my proposed legislation, please ask them here.

I would be more than willing to take charge of this thread.

I support this as a rider to the Poll and Post Reduction Amendment.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 05:51:07 PM »

I know I might not be allowed in the Senate but it'd be great if regional constitutions could also be in the AFH.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 05:51:53 PM »

I know I might not be allowed in the Senate but it'd be great if regional constitutions could also be in the AFH.

I concur.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 06:55:22 PM »

Very nice
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 07:07:22 AM »

I strongly support this bill, I should have a guide to the fantasy elections for newcomers finished by the end of this week as has been commissioned by the President.

I would be happy to take on the role of maintenance if this bill is passed.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 07:49:08 AM »

I strongly support this bill, I should have a guide to the fantasy elections for newcomers finished by the end of this week as has been commissioned by the President.

I would be happy to take on the role of maintenance if this bill is passed.

This bill is a rider onto the Posts and Polls Reduction Amendment.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 05:34:53 PM »

STOP THE STICKYS!
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 07:16:03 PM »

I support this bill, and urge President-Elect Gustaf to sign it, assuming that it will not pass the Senate until after he has taken office.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004, 07:47:18 PM »

I support this bill, and urge President-Elect Gustaf to sign it, assuming that it will not pass the Senate until after he has taken office.

Do you support this along with my idea? Cheesy
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2004, 07:49:49 PM »

I support both these bills, as long as we can get a person with moderator powers who will enforce States's bill.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2004, 08:00:14 PM »

I support both these bills, as long as we can get a person with moderator powers who will enforce States's bill.

We can elect or nominate a 3 person oversight committee to sort through the various posts and create a list of those threads which need to be eliminated. Remember for perspective, congress has oversight committees as well.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2004, 01:15:51 AM »

I don't think that any old threads should be permanently deleted, but yes, perhaps they should not be on the main board. Dave could have a special section of the site with all of the old threads...these would not be able to be posted in, but would be saved for posterity.

I would oppose permanently removing any old threads, but would support them being moved off the main site, and locked.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2004, 03:30:05 AM »

Hm, this seems like a good idea....I'm somewhat surprised that no one suggested it before, considering how long we've had Verin's Unfied Voting Thread up. Smiley

Nym, could you either e-mail me on gustaf_lundgren@yahoo.se or lundgren_271@hotmail.com or get MSN? I'd like to talk to you. Smiley
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2004, 11:04:17 AM »

Hm, this seems like a good idea....I'm somewhat surprised that no one suggested it before, considering how long we've had Verin's Unfied Voting Thread up. Smiley

And yet almost no one has used it Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies