Nym for Cabinet
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:05:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Nym for Cabinet
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nym for Cabinet  (Read 2171 times)
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 21, 2004, 05:35:04 PM »

Mr. President-Elect-

I would like to propose to you that our current President Nym90 be appointed to a cabinet level position within the Gustaf adminstration. President Nym90 is the kind of people we need running our government, if not from the White House, then from a lesser form. I hope my plea does not go unnoticed. Thank you all, and may Dave bless you.

- MAS117
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 05:55:06 PM »

This will be up to Gustaf to decide. I appreciate the sentiment, MAS. However, I do not want to interfere with Gustaf's selection process. I am sure that he will choose the best possible person for each position.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 06:28:52 PM »

Nym if it means anything from me I think you would be a fine cabinet member or a Senator.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 07:29:32 PM »

Thanks PBrunsel. It does mean something. I also appreciate that I was able to earn your second choice vote. I am glad that you were able to look across party lines.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 08:10:21 PM »

I am glad that you were able to look across party lines.

After the fiasco of the Republican Primaries this election I saw partisanship only destroys.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 01:19:12 AM »

Instead of a cabinet possition, I would like to announce my support for the President should he choose to run for the Senate in his region, in 2 months.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 07:37:19 AM »

Instead of a cabinet possition, I would like to announce my support for the President should he choose to run for the Senate in his region, in 2 months.
Tongue
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 01:01:26 PM »

The UAC wants Nym in the cabinet so they can keep him out of the senate.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 05:53:03 PM »

The UAC wants Nym in the cabinet so they can keep him out of the senate.

not true at all, of course you try to spin this tweed. this is my own personal views, not that of the UAC party. If Nym wants to run for Senate I will support him.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004, 06:17:19 PM »

Well after were done redistrictiong I assume both Wisconsin and Michigan will be included int he Midwest Region. Texasgurl vs. Nym90, it would be a good election, but my props go out to Texasgurl, the only other person on this forum but me who is a fan of Herbert Hoover.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2004, 06:19:21 PM »

Well after were done redistrictiong I assume both Wisconsin and Michigan will be included int he Midwest Region. Texasgurl vs. Nym90, it would be a good election, but my props go out to Texasgurl, the only other person on this forum but me who is a fan of Herbert Hoover.

Sorry, but there aren't regions anymore for Senate elections Wink

That's what a lot of my maps are trying to change... people seeing a map with very similar districts to regions, so they start thinking of themselves/that region as their own (*cough, cough* THE SOUTH *cough, cough*).
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2004, 07:10:52 PM »

Sorry, but there aren't regions anymore for Senate elections Wink

That's what a lot of my maps are trying to change... people seeing a map with very similar districts to regions, so they start thinking of themselves/that region as their own (*cough, cough* THE SOUTH *cough, cough*).

I'm sure many in the *cough* *cough* would think of themselves that way no matter what. Though Governor NickG's map deals with this in an very interesting way.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2004, 07:11:21 PM »

I appreciate all of the support for a potential Senate run.

However, at this time I do not foresee myself being a candidate in August for any office. I'm going to give Gustaf a chance to see what he can do; I don't want to take away any of his well-deserved spotlight.

I also feel that Senator Texasgurl is an excellent Senator, and has been doing a fine job thus far representing my district. I cannot see myself challenging her for reelection.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2004, 10:00:35 PM »

I appreciate all of the support for a potential Senate run.

However, at this time I do not foresee myself being a candidate in August for any office. I'm going to give Gustaf a chance to see what he can do; I don't want to take away any of his well-deserved spotlight.

I also feel that Senator Texasgurl is an excellent Senator, and has been doing a fine job thus far representing my district. I cannot see myself challenging her for reelection.
Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2004, 04:09:07 AM »

I have nothing against people suggesting names, in private or in public. Smiley

I seem to recall that Nym had some pretty good guide-lines for picking his cabinet, I think mine will be similar. I already have a few names in mind, however, I have not made up my mind completely on the cabinet yet, so feel free to e-mail me on gustaf_lundgren@yahoo.se or lundgren_271@hotmail.com if you have any suggestions.  
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies