2020 UK General Election if David Cameron Remains PM and There Are No Snap Elections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:24:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  International What-ifs (Moderator: Dereich)
  2020 UK General Election if David Cameron Remains PM and There Are No Snap Elections
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 UK General Election if David Cameron Remains PM and There Are No Snap Elections  (Read 1256 times)
Pink Panther

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 17, 2021, 07:16:51 PM »

Let's say the Brexit referendum fails and Cameron still has enough support from the Tories, somehow, to remain PM until 2020. He also doesn't cave in to demands for a snap election. How would the election go, especially with COVID still happening?
patzer
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 08:38:57 PM »

Corbyn weathers the worst of the criticism, UKIP remains a significant force pushing for brexit even post-referendum (perhaps pushing for a second referendum if they decide Cameron’s reforms are insufficient).

With Covid the election’s delayed from May to August probably. Given increased appetite for public spending I think Corbyn gets elected PM.
TheElectoralBoobyPrize

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2021, 03:19:26 AM »

When in 2020 would it have been? I imagine a lot depends on how Cameron is handling it.
LAB-LIB
Dale Bumpers
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2022, 11:42:02 AM »

Cameron announced back in 2015 that he would not seek a third term and I'm assuming he'd be replaced as leader by 2019. They probably can't pick someone who handled the pandemic worse than Johnson. My guess is the elections would be delayed by a year just like the local elections were and the Conservatives would win a rather large majority considering the fact they did well in the 2021 local elections, even with UKIP or Reform doing well (which depends on whether Farage stays leader), they would probably drop as well, at least temporarily. Of course there might be more pressure to be relaxed on COVID restrictions, but it depends on who the Conservative leader is.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies