Could a Jewish candidate win the Republican Presidential primaries? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:14:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Could a Jewish candidate win the Republican Presidential primaries? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ^
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 74

Author Topic: Could a Jewish candidate win the Republican Presidential primaries?  (Read 3456 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 04, 2022, 11:42:15 AM »

Kushner is the only hypothetical candidate who might be able to pull it off, but Ivanka would have a much easier time as a blonde-haired convert with the last name Trump than any ethnic Jew.

Agree with this, and shocked literally no one else has mentioned Ivanka or Jared (except one poster who mentioned Ivanka). Because when I think of Jewish Republicans for president, Jared Kushner is the first to come to mind (though Ivanka is probably likelier). Guys like Kustoff and Zeldin (only two Jewish Republicans in congress) are long-shots and hypotheticals: Kustoff is just another typical Republican congressman; Zeldin's basically killed his career for a quixotic bid for governor which he isn't winning, red wave or no.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 11:47:06 AM »

Eric Greitans is Jewish, and he got elected in Evangelical Missouri of all places.

Lower-profile there's also David Kustoff, the Republican Congressman from West Tennessee.  

I wonder if the largest contiguous area to be represented by Jews in Congress is actually in Tennessee, lol (Steve Cohen, who represents neighboring Memphis, is also Jewish.)  

Yeah, I wonder this too, and it's pretty impressive considering the former (TN08) is the Bible Belt and the latter (TN09) is a very black district and the representative is white (a white Jew). but pretty possibly no, because while TN08 is pretty large, TN09 is so tiny that TN08+TN09 in area is about the size of one large district...so find the largest district in the country to be represented by a Jew and it probably beats TN08+TN09.

EDIT: So I did a check of all Jews currently in Congress and their CD's, and I'm wrong - most predictably come from small, urban/suburban areas. So I can almost guarantee that TN08+TN09 is the largest block of contiguous land represented by a Jew in congress; in fact, I'm pretty sure TN08 alone is the largest district by area in the entire country represented by a Jew (I could be wrong but it looks like it after I eyeballed the other districts).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies