Office of Vice Presidential Candidate West_Midlander
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:09:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Vice Presidential Candidate West_Midlander
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Office of Vice Presidential Candidate West_Midlander  (Read 4784 times)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 06, 2021, 04:34:09 PM »
« edited: October 15, 2023, 08:55:01 AM by West_Midlander »

Hello, this was my office as an At-Large Senator-elect.

Speeches/Statements (excluding NPC events and past gubernatorial, federal House, and CoD campaign events)

Campaign Launch in Raleigh, NC - 12/6/21
Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

Victory Statement in Harrison, AR - 12/14/21
COVID-19 Statement in Evansville, IN - 12/29/21
Statement on the Anti-LT Resolution in Sacramento, CA - 12/31/21
Exploratory Committee Launch in Nyman - 1/21/22
Statement on the Conduct of the PPT in Nyman - 1/21/22
Statement on the Southern gubernatorial election at Senator WM's Raleigh, NC office - 1/23/22
Remarks at the February 2022 Labor and DA National Conventions in Eugene, OR, and St. George, UT - 2/7/22
Statement on the February 2022 elections at Senator WM's Raleigh, NC office - 2/21/22
Victory Statement in Nyman - 2/22/22
Speech on the violence in Kansas in St Francis, KS - 3/27/22
Brief Statement on the April 2022 elections in Nyman - 4/2/22
Senatorial Re-election Campaign Launch in Portland, OR - 4/3/22
Statement on the Formation of the Federalist Democratic Caucus at Senator WM's Raleigh, NC office - 4/9/22
Remarks at the April 2022 Revolutionary Communist National Convention in Greensboro, NC - 4/10/22
Statement on April 2022 Internal Poll Results at Senator WM's Raleigh, NC office - 4/13/22
Victory Statement at the Kansas Federalist Party HQ in Topeka, KS - 4/25/22
Speech to the June 2022 DA National Convention in Fort Walton Beach, FL - 6/11/22
Nomination Speech to the June 2022 DA National Convention in Fort Walton Beach, FL - 6/17/22
Campaign Speech in Salt Lake City, UT - 10/22/22
Town Hall in Des Moines, IA - 12/21/22
Speech to the February 2023 DA National Convention in Fairbanks, AK - 2/7/23
Speech to the February 2023 Peace National Convention (virtual) - 2/7/23
Speech to the February 2023 Labor National Convention (virtual) - 2/11/23
Senate Re-election Campaign Launch in Tekoa, WA - 4/12/23
Campaign Statement in Biloxi, MS - 4/24/23
Statement to the Southern Region in El Paso, TX - 5/16/23
Convention Speeches at the June 2023 Peace Party & DA National Conventions in Bozeman, MT, and Denver, CO, respectively - 6/8/2023
June 2023 Senate Re-election Campaign Launch in Hobbs, NM - 6/8/2023
June 2023 Speech to the Federalist Party National Convention in Kalamazoo, MI - 6/9/2023
Retirement Announcement in Zapata, TX - 8/5/2023
Spark-Midlander Campaign Event in Tucson, AZ - 10/15/23

Lifetime Campaign Events (Map)
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 05:51:52 PM »

Endorsed!
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 06:07:23 PM »

Campaign Launch in Raleigh, NC

Hey, folks!

I'm running for at-large Senate. If elected, I will continue to judge each proposed reform before the Senate on its own merits, regardless of those supporting that move. I generally support my party at the polls but I am not a straight-ticket Federalist voter. I will listen to all of my constituents, regardless of party registration or ideology, if elected.

I will seek to engage with the opposition, whether my party is in the minority or not. I would be extremely grateful to receive a high preference from some of our centrist and center-left voters outside of my own party.

I consider my own party to be the best party ideologically and I mostly agree with my party and the members of my own party on the issues but I agree with Laborites and other left-wingers on some issues on which I disagree with the right.

I will always value civility in government and when it comes to political debate. Personal attacks have no place in government. I have been on the left so I can understand that point of view well. Even where we disagree, each person has their own truth, primarily based on lived experience; no one is stupid for holding certain political views no matter how moderate or extreme, how left-wing or right-wing, how libertarian or authoritarian.

On some issues, I am diametrically opposed to others but I will still respect them and their right to believe in and fight for what they believe in.

Thank you!
Endorsed!
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 08:11:44 PM »

Endorsed!
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 08:12:45 PM »

Anti-endorsed
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2021, 08:51:58 PM »

ENDORSED!

This is the best possible endorsement you could provide. Wink
UlmerFudd
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2021, 09:56:59 PM »

Endorsed
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2021, 11:16:53 PM »

Most certainly endorsed.
Archon
Rookie
Sweden

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2021, 03:10:10 PM »

Endorsed
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2021, 08:26:30 PM »

Endorsed.
Vladimir Leninov
Tumpologist
Rookie
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2021, 10:28:39 PM »

And my ax,

Happily endorsed
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2021, 11:25:49 PM »

obvious endorsement is obvious
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2021, 10:15:57 AM »
« Edited: February 21, 2022, 10:47:52 AM by West_Midlander »

Victory Statement in Harrison, AR
This speech took place outdoors.

I was going to wait until the results were officially certified but since the election finished a few days ago and it appears clear that I have been elected as one of the at-large Senators for our country, I am making my statements on my apparent victory today.

I am extremely grateful to everyone who supported and voted for this campaign. I appreciate every preference and I am looking forward to serving the people of Atlasia in the Senate.

Thank you!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2021, 03:10:29 PM »

Congrats!
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2021, 12:05:58 AM »

Welcome to the Senate!
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2021, 11:15:38 AM »
« Edited: February 21, 2022, 11:01:21 AM by West_Midlander »

COVID-19 Statement in Evansville, IN

Hello, Evansville!

I am proud to make my first campaign visit ever (to my knowledge) outside of the South, across the Ohio River into beautiful southern Indiana. As I prepare to take the oath of office to serve in our country's Congress for the second time ever, I felt encouraged to make a visit to this community to encourage y'all to get your booster shots. If any of you have not been fully vaccinated, and perhaps there are quite a few of you who have not been fully vaccinated or received one dose yet, I encourage you to get fully vaccinated and to get a booster shot.

I received my booster shot yesterday and I am experiencing very mild soreness in the arm in which I took the shot. The wait was less than one hour and taking the shot caused very little pain, perhaps less bad than that of a fire ant bite, in my experience.

Walk-ins are welcome at your local Walmart, Walgreens, or other places that administer the vaccine. The vaccine doesn't have microchips in it and there is only an extremely small risk of bad effects from this vaccine. The possible effects, however, are typically less bad than of getting COVID without being vaccinated. Having mild flu-like symptoms after the COVID vaccine is normal.

I also encourage people who had COVID to get the shots. The shot is not a guarantee to not get COVID but if you get vaccinated the COVID you get if you get it after being vaccinated will likely be much less severe.

I also encourage everyone to follow the mask rules in their local community, even though I do not favor mask or vaccine mandates.

I have struggled with lobbying family members to get the shot and some remain unvaccinated. However, I will continue to make the case for the shot because their continued good health is very important to me. Mandating masks or vaccines, however, goes against the Atlasian values of freedom, in my view. Also, mandating these things could encourage the cycle of disinformation about the mask and vaccine online.

Regardless of the course that the virus takes, lockdowns and freezing life until COVID goes away is not an option. COVID may never go away, so what we can do and should do is to get fully vaccinated (including the booster shot), to socially distance where possible, and to wear the mask where required or where we feel it is necessary to do so (i.e., in close quarters, indoors, with strangers).

I also encourage everyone who has not already done so to get the flu shot which I also received yesterday. The flu shot can prevent the flu, meaning that less testing is required for COVID-like symptoms caused by the flu. Also, if one possibly has the flu but not COVID, then going to a COVID testing site could be an exposure risk, since many testing themselves could be and likely are sick, more so than in a normal setting (e.g., in a store).

Well, that's all I have for today folks. It was great to visit Evansville and please send me a letter, an email, or call my office with any questions or concerns.

Have a great New Year, y'all!
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2021, 12:21:54 PM »

Happy to have you in Lincoln, Westy. Will be an equally great pleasure seeing you again in Nyman. Smiley
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2021, 07:26:54 AM »
« Edited: February 21, 2022, 11:01:29 AM by West_Midlander »

Statement on the Anti-LT Resolution in Sacramento, CA

Hey, folks! I am happy to make my first campaign visit to Fremont today. It's great to be in lovely Sacramento!

Today, as a Senator-elect to our national Congress, I feel the need to weigh in on the anti-LT Resolution. I believe that the Labor Senate in charge now and in the incoming Congress (with the VP's tie-breaking vote) should work on the issues of consequence--ones that matter deeply to Atlasians. However, the current majority prefers to virtue signal in wasting valuable time in Congress condemning Governor LT to no effect.

Governor LT did not intentionally dox anyone and as far as I know, the person whose name was revealed was not definitively connected to any forum/Discord user (I wasn't online at the time, though).

Furthermore, LT's "refusal" to accept the election results was due to irregularities during the voting process and did not obstruct the electoral outcome or the swearing-in of Fmr. Pres. Sev.

I am a moderate. My views are highly syncretic and I have split my ticket in the recent past. I am not a radical, but the villainization of LT is something done out of political convenience, and not out of concern for the struggles of real Atlasians.

That's all I have today, folks. Thank you for having me and have a Happy New Year!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2021, 06:50:56 PM »

Governor LT did not intentionally dox anyone and as far as I know, the person whose name was revealed was not definitively connected to any forum/Discord user (I wasn't online at the time, though).
this is patently false
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2021, 07:14:52 PM »

this is patently false
Prove it.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2021, 10:47:44 PM »

this is patently false
Prove it.
no
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2021, 11:47:48 PM »

this is patently false
Prove it.
Not sure if it's possible to without doxxing the person in question again
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2022, 10:17:14 PM »

this is patently false
Prove it.

Frankly, I tend to think Westy is right, which is basically what I said in the debate thread.

Absent an explicit linkage, like say what was done to Hamilton in 2010, I don't think there is a case of doxxing here, at least as far as IRL understandings are. This doesn't get into the problematic nature of the way that the statute in game is loosely worded though.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2022, 10:34:36 PM »

this is patently false
Prove it.

Frankly, I tend to think Westy is right, which is basically what I said in the debate thread.

Absent an explicit linkage, like say what was done to Hamilton in 2010, I don't think there is a case of doxxing here, at least as far as IRL understandings are. This doesn't get into the problematic nature of the way that the statute in game is loosely worded though.

He posted the person in question’s first and last name, repeatedly, across multiple different chats, and got other conservative posters to do the same thing as well to the point that, to my understanding, the name was essentially being spammed across mulitple discord servers for a period of time. We all know the poster had previously been very careful about their identity through that point. It’s about as clear cut as you can get.

Very sad to see that you’ve become so obsessed with your own position in the game that you’ve thrown real life morality to the wind for it.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2022, 10:57:10 PM »

this is patently false
Prove it.

He posted the person in question’s first and last name, repeatedly, across multiple different chats, and got other conservative posters to do the same thing as well to the point that, to my understanding, the name was essentially being spammed across mulitple discord servers for a period of time. We all know the poster had previously been very careful about their identity through that point. It’s about as clear cut as you can get.

Very sad to see that you’ve become so obsessed with your own position in the game that you’ve thrown real life morality to the wind for it.
Now that is absolute bullsh!t. When was it posted repeatedly and which other spooky conservative posters would be obsessed with reposting a name in such a manner as you described.

I know you love to assume conservatives in the game are sooooo evil in order to justify your tribalism, but this is a new low for you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies