SR 106-13: Expel Senator Spark (REJECTED)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:20:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SR 106-13: Expel Senator Spark (REJECTED)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: SR 106-13: Expel Senator Spark (REJECTED)  (Read 4064 times)
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2021, 03:54:12 PM »

I will not be voting for a bill to expel someone while the Labor Party hypocritically picks and chooses who they want to hold accountable for their actions.
bend over for a good triaging

Ignite you.

One of the Labor Party's senators wrote the damn bill I'm referencing and then voted against it because they didn't want the subject of the resolution spazzing out on them. That is not courageous leadership.

The Senate should have clear moral standards. If a party is going to undertake the legally questionable action of expelling a senator, they should not close ranks around one of their own in another case simply because they have longevity. Be morally consistent.

No one apart from you voted for your ridiculous attempt to censure me given how pointless it was.

The people in your party felt bad about telling a five year old he was acting naughty. That's why the Labor senator who wrote it ended up voting against it.
NO ONE voted for it. You're trying to portray it as some kind of labor dirty tricks covering me up while no feds and no other members from other parties voted for it, except you.

You are just alone in your petty vendetta. Move on.  

EDIT: on an another note, talking about "double standards". You smear the labor party but in the end you're being part of their list of candidates for the senate elections lol.

Believe what you want, bro. I am telling you a member of your party wrote the bill, because it's the truth.

I remain on friendly terms with the Labor Party, because we are friends and generally support the same agenda, but I'm not Labor myself and have no qualms calling out someone for being less than competent and acting stupidly.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2021, 04:00:04 PM »

I will not be voting for a bill to expel someone while the Labor Party hypocritically picks and chooses who they want to hold accountable for their actions.

Ignite you.

One of the Labor Party's senators wrote the damn bill I'm referencing and then voted against it because they didn't want the subject of the resolution spazzing out on them. That is not courageous leadership.

The Senate should have clear moral standards. If a party is going to undertake the legally questionable action of expelling a senator, they should not close ranks around one of their own in another case simply because they have longevity. Be morally consistent.

No one apart from you voted for your ridiculous attempt to censure me given how pointless it was.

The people in your party felt bad about telling a five year old he was acting naughty. That's why the Labor senator who wrote it ended up voting against it.
NO ONE voted for it. You're trying to portray it as some kind of labor dirty tricks covering me up while no feds and no other members from other parties voted for it, except you.

EDIT: on an another note, talking about "double standards". You smear the labor party but in the end you're being part of their list of candidates for the senate elections lol.

Believe what you want, bro. I am telling you a member of your party wrote the bill, because it's the truth.

I remain on friendly terms with the Labor Party, because we are friends and generally support the same agenda, but I'm not Labor myself and have no qualms calling out someone for being less than competent and acting stupidly.

Oh I believe you. Everything has the right to change his mind.

You are on "friendly terms" with a party you believe is covering me up. How pathetic you are just to have your safe senate slot.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2021, 04:06:00 PM »

Ignite you.

You are on "friendly terms" with a party you believe is covering me up. How pathetic you are just to have your safe senate slot.

It's not a cover up/conspiracy lol. They just didn't want to hurt your feelings.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2021, 04:07:44 PM »

Ignite you.

It's not a cover up/conspiracy lol. They just didn't want to hurt your feelings.

Hahahahahaha "hurt my feelings". This made me laugh actually.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2021, 04:08:41 PM »

No one cares about your petty vendetta, Crane. Move on.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2021, 04:11:29 PM »

Ignite you.

You're a very stable genius.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2021, 04:12:35 PM »

Ignite you.

You're a very stable genius.

Thank you for the compliment I guess!
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2021, 04:23:48 PM »

Anyway, I second the motion to table.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2021, 11:56:38 PM »

Objection to the motion to table
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2021, 07:23:23 PM »

Spark is a dangerous criminal, who is loose in the streets today because the soft-on-crime Federal AG let him off easy. If I had been in charge of the justice department then, he would still be behind bars!
You talk like you're tough, but you and your party failed to lock me up!
Wait and see.
I am the most innocent man in Atlasia. I do no wrong.

If you are so innocent, then why did you do everything in your power to delay and impede the proceedings of Tack vs LT? If you truly are innocent, why not fully cooperate in the proceedings, given you would have nothing to be afraid of?

Please list for me every way in which LT intentionally delayed these proceedings? And then how these were on their own decisive in the proceedings falling apart?

Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2021, 07:29:26 PM »

Spark is a dangerous criminal, who is loose in the streets today because the soft-on-crime Federal AG let him off easy. If I had been in charge of the justice department then, he would still be behind bars!
Wait and see.

If you are so innocent, then why did you do everything in your power to delay and impede the proceedings of Tack vs LT? If you truly are innocent, why not fully cooperate in the proceedings, given you would have nothing to be afraid of?

Please list for me every way in which LT intentionally delayed these proceedings? And then how these were on their own decisive in the proceedings falling apart?

Never Said that they were decisive on their own, just that he did his part to delay the case in terms of ignoring the thread and the Justices inquiries to him as much as possible, most notably in his failure to find a lawyer or even clearly communicate that failure, leaving the judges to guess at what was going on and delaying the case in the process.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2021, 07:30:28 PM »

Apart from Spark’s behavior towards women, he is, simply put, a criminal. He committed voter fraud and was convicted of such in a court of law. A convicted felon should not serve in the Senate. As Senators, we should hold ourselves to the highest standard of behavior. Spark has not met that standard, and for that he must be expelled.

This standard is sheer madness and has never been followed in the history of this game.

Xahar
Benconstine
JoMCar
Vern
and many others would have been prohibited from serving in the Senate by this standard.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2021, 07:35:50 PM »

Wait and see.

Never Said that they were decisive on their own, just that he did his part to delay the case in terms of ignoring the thread and the Justices inquiries to him as much as possible, most notably in his failure to find a lawyer or even clearly communicate that failure, leaving the judges to guess at what was going on and delaying the case in the process.

The is factually inaccurate as I had conversation with LT about legal strategy and who to approach as an attorney and I relayed these difficulties to Windjammer with a couple PMs as I recall.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2021, 08:41:54 AM »

hinging these arguments on a 2 year old conviction are, as Yankee stated, a bad, bad precedent. We should care far more about Spark's history of creepy behavior towards women. This is something that has not let up over the years.

I can personally talk about at least two instances that were not brought up by WD, including admitting that he "sent [Jessica] a couple of PMs", presumably similar to those he sent Skunk and Virginia.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2021, 09:53:02 AM »

hinging these arguments on a 2 year old conviction are, as Yankee stated, a bad, bad precedent. We should care far more about Spark's history of creepy behavior towards women. This is something that has not let up over the years.

I can personally talk about at least two instances that were not brought up by WD, including admitting that he "sent [Jessica] a couple of PMs", presumably similar to those he sent Skunk and Virginia.

These things are not worth the Senate's time because no crimes were committed in office.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2021, 02:26:02 PM »

Just gonna elaborate here with some screenshots

Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2021, 06:26:54 PM »

I mean, Jessica was a sock and the screenshot doesn't really prove anything.

I'm pretty sure awkwardly asking someone on a date and being rejected doesn't qualify as malicious behavior.

Again, the Labor Party should maintain a consistent standard of they want to be the police of Atlasians' behavior. Otherwise, turn it over to the mods and let them deal with it if you think rules have been violated.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2021, 06:42:47 PM »

Motioning for a final vote
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2021, 07:44:10 PM »

I second the motion
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2021, 08:29:22 PM »

I and the rest of Labor would be fine with LT appointing a Fed if Spark is expelled.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2021, 08:30:40 PM »

I'm pretty sure awkwardly asking someone on a date and being rejected doesn't qualify as malicious behavior.

Again, the Labor Party should maintain a consistent standard of they want to be the police of Atlasians' behavior. Otherwise, turn it over to the mods and let them deal with it if you think rules have been violated.
Asking someone who was a 16 year old at the time on a date is malicious.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2021, 08:44:12 PM »

Asking someone who was a 16 year old at the time on a date is malicious.

Report it to a moderator then.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2021, 11:51:18 AM »

New evidence has come to light!

What does the Senator have to say for himself?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2021, 11:53:51 AM »

Wow. Disturbing.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2021, 12:44:48 PM »

If the Federalists really want to close ranks around a serial sexual harasser of women, I can't say I'd be surprised by that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies