SR 106-13: Expel Senator Spark (REJECTED)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:18:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SR 106-13: Expel Senator Spark (REJECTED)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: SR 106-13: Expel Senator Spark (REJECTED)  (Read 4052 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 01, 2021, 10:36:30 PM »
« edited: December 14, 2021, 10:56:13 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Expel Senator Spark

Whereas, Spark has harassed several women.

Resolved, that –
(1) the Senate condemns and expels Senator Spark498 from the Senate for conduct that disrespects the Atlasian people in a way that is not befitting a member of the Senate.

Sponsors: Ishan, Western Democrat
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 10:37:17 PM »

The intent of the resolution should be obvious. Spark's disgusting behavior shouldn't be tolerated.
Copying my opening statement.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 11:12:04 PM »

Well at least someone finally read the rules. Tongue

Still not a resolution that needs to be on the floor though, and frankly a waste of the Senate's time. Where was this sudden zeal for expelling Senators before this when you've been shouting about Spark's "disgusting behavior" from the rooftops for literal months?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021, 11:17:33 PM »

Still not a resolution that needs to be on the floor though, and frankly a waste of the Senate's time. Where was this sudden zeal for expelling Senators before this when you've been shouting about Spark's "disgusting behavior" from the rooftops for literal months?
I introduced a resolution to expel Spark in like July/August iirc.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021, 12:33:35 PM »

Spark’s behavior is indeed disgusting. He is a repeated harasser of women, and later today I will lay out the evidence which I have compiled proving his misconduct.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2021, 06:19:43 PM »

Spark is a creep and a convicted criminal in Atlasia; but unless there are any new allegations to bring forward I probably will vote nay on this. Considering the forum administration has not taken any actions against him I don't think it is our job to judge him on that. (and of course if Spark was to be banned then his seat would automatically be vacant so no reason to worry)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2021, 09:40:04 PM »

Motion to table. There is no place for this in Atlasia. We need to focus on getting the people's work done and not on trivial foibles. Whatever vendetta you have against me personally in this game must be left behind in order for the nation to move forward expeditiously. I am in no way saying my conduct out of office was right, but I have learned from the past and plan to keep doing better in the future. Let's not waste the Senate's valuable time on my past missteps, and help guide Atlasia toward a better future.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2021, 09:45:49 PM »

I object to the motion.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2021, 10:40:53 PM »

I will not be voting for a bill to expel someone while the Labor Party hypocritically picks and chooses who they want to hold accountable for their actions.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2021, 11:02:51 PM »

Spark’s behavior and criminality is well known and well documented. I think many are familiar with his inappropriate behavior, but for the information of the Senate, I present the following:

Exhibit 1:

Here, the Senator messaged Virginia, now the modadmin of this site, making a unsolicited love confession and asking her on a date. One can only think how uncomfortable this made her feel, and such behavior is certainly unbecoming of a Senator.

Exhibit 2:

Here is a far more recent example of him in the act. Here, he is making very inappropriate and creepy comments about a women who’s picture he allegedly has. He proceeded to state that he wishes he also had the picture of another female Atlas poster.

Exhibit 3:

Here, the Senator confessed to his misdeeds.

And lastly, I think this speaks for itself:

Apart from Spark’s behavior towards women, he is, simply put, a criminal. He committed voter fraud and was convicted of such in a court of law. A convicted felon should not serve in the Senate. As Senators, we should hold ourselves to the highest standard of behavior. Spark has not met that standard, and for that he must be expelled.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2021, 11:08:59 PM »

Labor is the party of LAW and ORDER!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2021, 11:13:26 PM »

Spark is a dangerous criminal, who is loose in the streets today because the soft-on-crime Federal AG let him off easy. If I had been in charge of the justice department then, he would still be behind bars!
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2021, 11:18:31 PM »

Spark is a dangerous criminal, who is loose in the streets today because the soft-on-crime Federal AG let him off easy. If I had been in charge of the justice department then, he would still be behind bars!
You talk like you're tough, but you and your party failed to lock me up!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2021, 11:22:33 PM »

Wait and see.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2021, 11:26:48 PM »

Wait and see.
I am the most innocent man in Atlasia. I do no wrong.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2021, 11:28:24 PM »

Wait and see.
The Lord's holy justice is coming for you. Repent, sinner, and despair.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2021, 11:31:32 PM »

Wait and see.

Talk about the lack of self-awareness, my goodness
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2021, 11:34:20 PM »

The Southern Governor will be dealt with at a later date, but let’s focus on this issue at hand.

Senators? Any further thoughts on this resolution?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2021, 11:36:45 PM »

Wait and see.

If you are so innocent, then why did you do everything in your power to delay and impede the proceedings of Tack vs LT? If you truly are innocent, why not fully cooperate in the proceedings, given you would have nothing to be afraid of?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2021, 11:53:36 PM »

I will not be voting for a bill to expel someone while the Labor Party hypocritically picks and chooses who they want to hold accountable for their actions.
bend over for a good triaging
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2021, 11:57:59 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2021, 12:07:34 AM by History Will Absolve Me »

Ignite you.

One of the Labor Party's senators wrote the damn bill I'm referencing and then voted against it because they didn't want the subject of the resolution spazzing out on them. That is not courageous leadership.

The Senate should have clear moral standards. If a party is going to undertake the legally questionable action of expelling a senator, they should not close ranks around one of their own in another case simply because they have longevity. Be morally consistent.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2021, 12:41:02 PM »

First of all, WD, and I say this with love, using ibb is a crime in and of itself when there are other image hosting sites that don't butcher the pictures beyond all recognition.

Apart from Spark’s behavior towards women, he is, simply put, a criminal. He committed voter fraud and was convicted of such in a court of law. A convicted felon should not serve in the Senate. As Senators, we should hold ourselves to the highest standard of behavior. Spark has not met that standard, and for that he must be expelled.

Lovely sentiments about the criminality of Spark's past, but since they amount to exactly zero words of the resolution I'm inclined to think those are not germane to the issue at hand.

In any case, let me remind everyone what a Senator does – the first and absolute necessity beyond any considerations you have raised here is the oath we all swear to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution, a bar that even certain other Senators do not seem inclined to clear. If that is the case I really do not see the urgency to punish Spark for this when other Senators are failing their most basic duties.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2021, 03:27:59 PM »

Ignite you.

One of the Labor Party's senators wrote the damn bill I'm referencing and then voted against it because they didn't want the subject of the resolution spazzing out on them. That is not courageous leadership.

The Senate should have clear moral standards. If a party is going to undertake the legally questionable action of expelling a senator, they should not close ranks around one of their own in another case simply because they have longevity. Be morally consistent.

No one apart from you voted for your ridiculous attempt to censure me given how pointless it was.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2021, 03:32:53 PM »

Ignite you.

No one apart from you voted for your ridiculous attempt to censure me given how pointless it was.

The people in your party felt bad about telling a five year old he was acting naughty. That's why the Labor senator who wrote it ended up voting against it.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2021, 03:35:34 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2021, 03:39:16 PM by Chief Justice windjammer »

Ignite you.

The people in your party felt bad about telling a five year old he was acting naughty. That's why the Labor senator who wrote it ended up voting against it.
NO ONE voted for it. You're trying to portray it as some kind of labor dirty tricks covering me up while no feds and no other members from other parties voted for it, except you.

You are just alone in your petty vendetta. Move on.  

EDIT: on an another note, talking about "double standards". You smear the labor party but in the end you're being part of their list of candidates for the senate elections lol.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies