Will Dr. Oz win the primary?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:17:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will Dr. Oz win the primary?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Will Dr. Oz win the primary in Pennsylvania?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Will Dr. Oz win the primary?  (Read 1315 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 01, 2021, 12:35:10 AM »

Will Dr. Oz win the primary in Pennsylvania?
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 12:41:51 AM »
« Edited: December 01, 2021, 01:03:54 AM by Roll Roons »

I think he very well could.

The rest of the GOP primary field (including Parnell before he dropped out) just seems so lackluster and I think there's a reason none of them have really taken off.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 01:05:27 AM »

I think he has a decent shot based off of name popularity but from his website, he seems more or less like a generic R. I think he could win the general too, even against Fetterman.
kwabbit

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021, 01:11:09 AM »

I think he has a decent shot based off of name popularity but from his website, he seems more or less like a generic R. I think he could win the general too, even against Fetterman.

Fetterman probably isn't that much stronger than a Generic D in all likelihood, despite the hype around him. Generic D vs. Generic R is a clear R victory in 2022, so if Oz can be an average candidate, he's likely the next senator provided he gets past the primary.
mtvoter
United States
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 01:18:06 AM »

Dr. Oz is a top tier recruit who will sweep the Philly suburbs. I'm really worried about dem chances if he's the GOP nom.

Hopefully Obama endorses Oz or something.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2021, 02:08:15 AM »

Yes, the Rs don't have anyone but in a Neutral Environment oA leans 4 pts D by Cook it's gonna be hard for Rs to hold PA or WI or won GA, and Dr Oz won't win that many crossover female votes, unless he is endorsed by Oprah Winfrey, she won't, she said the Rs disgusted her the way they treated Hillary when she interviewed Obama after he left office
Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2021, 02:51:18 AM »

I don't think so. Dr. Oz is still a carpetbagger, and is still promoting The Vax.
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2021, 05:45:40 AM »

Depends if it's decided he's another Blankenship was my instinct, but we need someone to fulfill the 'credible alternative' role.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2021, 05:48:22 AM »

I don't think so. Dr. Oz is still a carpetbagger, and is still promoting The Vax.

You realize a majority of Republicans are vaccinated, right?

As long as he doesn't promote mandatory vax, that should be fine.
Fetterman my beloved
HoosierDemocrat
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2021, 07:50:40 AM »

There’s a good chance, especially if he gets the trump endorsement
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2021, 08:13:39 AM »

I don't know... I mean he's not from Pennsylvania.  In a state like NY, Hillary got away with that because she was the First Lady, but this dude is literally a TV doctor with a strange name, I mean if you're a hardcore white nationalist in the middle of the state that wants a red-blooded American, are you really going to go with this guy?  "Dr. Oz" just sounds like it's a name in a fantasy novel or movie... I don't mean to bash the guy or his name, and yes, Barack Hussein Obama won PA (but remember this is the Republican primary here, not the general election just yet).  I wouldn't be surprised if someone completely off the radar pulled off a stunning upset.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2021, 11:24:19 AM »

Trump is going to pick someone like Sands or that hedge fund guy, who will win the primary.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2021, 01:52:49 PM »

Fetterman probably isn't that much stronger than a Generic D in all likelihood, despite the hype around him. Generic D vs. Generic R is a clear R victory in 2022, so if Oz can be an average candidate, he's likely the next senator provided he gets past the primary.

Yes, because dabbling in alternate medicine, being Turkish-American and believing in Islam screams 'generic R.' (The first one might, but the third is definitely a deal-breaker.)
kwabbit

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2021, 02:14:41 PM »

Yes, because dabbling in alternate medicine, being Turkish-American and believing in Islam screams 'generic R.' (The first one might, but the third is definitely a deal-breaker.)

I'm skeptical that voters will care that much about Oz's heritage and religion. He doesn't wear any distinctive religious clothing and he looks Mediterranean more so than non-White. He was born in the US and has no accent. He has spent years as a public figure where his heritage and religion was a non-factor.

He is a Muslim Turk in a Republican primary, but the ingredients are there for that to be as little of a factor as possible.

I don't think dabbling in alternate medicine is that much of a deal-breaker, given the anti-vaccine and anti-pharma elements within the Republican party.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2021, 02:21:46 PM »

The third isn’t as much of a dealbreaker as it would have been 10 and especially 15 years ago
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2021, 02:33:16 PM »

Not impossible, but I'm going to guess that he doesn't and is simply a "flavor of the month."
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2021, 02:49:24 PM »

I'm skeptical that voters will care that much about Oz's heritage and religion. He doesn't wear any distinctive religious clothing and he looks Mediterranean more so than non-White. He was born in the US and has no accent. He has spent years as a public figure where his heritage and religion was a non-factor.

He is a Muslim Turk in a Republican primary, but the ingredients are there for that to be as little of a factor as possible.

I don't think dabbling in alternate medicine is that much of a deal-breaker, given the anti-vaccine and anti-pharma elements within the Republican party.

Yeah, like I said, the first one of those won't be that big a deal. My point is, even if he wins the GOP primary, I don't think he's very 'Generic R' at all, whether or not the voters of PA see it that way. And as for accent, yes, he was born in Cleveland, OH, but he does have a somewhat strange way of speaking, and his first name is 'Mehmet.' It might not hurt him much but it's not what you'd expect from a Republican. The Muslim thing will probably come up and might hurt him...PA Republicans are quite bigoted, just like their national counterparts (no offense to you, though, you seem like a better-than-average Republican).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2021, 02:49:56 PM »

The third isn’t as much of a dealbreaker as it would have been 10 and especially 15 years ago

True, but it will still play a role in the race.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2021, 03:06:15 PM »

If he does I’d have to think it helps Dems, right?
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2021, 03:58:03 PM »

If he does I’d have to think it helps Dems, right?
Nah, he will basically perform as Generic R I think. Lots of average Americans like him!
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2021, 04:21:14 PM »

Ugh.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2021, 08:18:24 PM »

I don’t see anybody yet who can beat him. The hedge fund guy? To run against Fetterman or Lamb? Never gonna happen.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2021, 08:21:24 PM »

I hope his appeal extends very far.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2021, 10:19:09 PM »

Easily the favorite but not sure I'd bet on him against the field yet. If nobody jumps in or takes off before the filing deadline, though, the race is his to lose.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2021, 10:25:49 PM »

I hope his appeal extends very far.
Seeing as you are a dullard, it doesn't surprise me to see you supporting him.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies