I got some polling insights into GOP gubernatorial primary data and I thought I’d share some of it! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:34:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  I got some polling insights into GOP gubernatorial primary data and I thought I’d share some of it! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I got some polling insights into GOP gubernatorial primary data and I thought I’d share some of it!  (Read 1193 times)
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: November 29, 2021, 09:21:56 PM »

My friend who works for a non-partisan polling group that specialize in GOP gubernatorial primaries leaked some interesting data to me, and I figured that I might as well share some of them if any of you are interested in primary betting like I am:

• Out of all the GOP governors facing serious primary challenges, the only one who actually has a serious chance of losing is Mike DeWine, who isn't faring well against Jim Renacci of all people.

• People like Brian Kemp, Brad Little, and particularly Greg Abbott are not losing their primaries, and I expect all three of them to safely cruise to a primary victory. People like Vernon Jones or Don Huffines are not serious candidates.

• Charlie Baker will probably survive his primary as well, especially with Massachusetts being open.

• Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo is starting to gain on Dean Heller in Nevada and I wouldn't be shocked if he is the nominee.

• Going to another southwestern state, news-anchor Kari Lake is hardly a shoe-in for the GOP nomination in Arizona. She has a solid floor but a very low celling, and is struggling to crack 30-35% even with weak primary opponents, the Trump endorsement, and her having a decent level of name recognition in the state. I wouldn't be shocked if she wins, but DO NOT treat her like a shoe-in.

• Going to the rust belt, Rebecca Kleefisch is favored for the GOP gubernatorial nominee as she lacks a serious challenger (Duffy isn't running as of now), and she is fairly well poised against Tony Evers.

• Police Chief Craig is heavily favored in the GOP primary in Michigan.

• Lou Barletta from Pennsylvania is favored in the primary, if hardly a shoe in. He doesn't have any big name challengers that are particularly excellent, however.
Given Trump's hatred of Kemp, I expect him to have a tougher time in his primary once the Donald inevitably campaigns for an opponent (Perdue, a popular former Senator, looks likely to enter).
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 01:03:51 AM »

Have you gotten any intel about GOP Senate primaries?

Some, but not as much. I’ll try to post when I get the full picture!
Hopefully soon
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies