If you acquit Kyle Rittenhouse, you might as well acquit Ahmad Aubrey's killers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:00:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  If you acquit Kyle Rittenhouse, you might as well acquit Ahmad Aubrey's killers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: If you acquit Kyle Rittenhouse, you might as well acquit Ahmad Aubrey's killers  (Read 2290 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2021, 06:29:02 PM »

In the one case the killer did not commit a crime, and in the second case, they clearly did. Why is that so hard to understand? Neither case was close.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2021, 08:02:19 PM »

Can you kindly count for me a single leftist or anything close to the sort on this thread disappointed about this verdict?

If you're trying some other attack that this proves racism is dead and the American judicial system, let's all please remember that it was only because the cell phone video taken by one of the defendants somehow got leaked to the media months later. But for that and the ensuing national outcry,  The system would have protected these men from even being charged, let alone convicted.

Is a single whistle blower that opened up a slam dunk case That was initially being  Treated as justifiable homicide by both the responding officers and the prosecutor's office alike is this is, to put it mildly, not exactly a good case that racism is dead in the American judicial system.

Bro ur like richard spencer with bad hair. I don't appreciate u quoting me.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2021, 08:07:09 PM »

While the two cases are quite different, I think there's unfortunately a pretty good chance Aubrey's killers get off as well.

Well, very glad to have egg on my face.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2021, 08:42:00 PM »

If you are going to acquit Kyle Rittenhouse because he claimed self-defense, then you might as well aquit those white men in Georgia who murdered Ahmad Aubrey. They are claiming it was self-defense and he grabbed their gun.

The legal precedent has been set in this country that you can stalk someone with a firearm, even if they have not committed a crime, and if they decide they are threatened and want to take the gun from you, or protect themselves in any way whatsoever then that means you are the victim and not them.

Not knowing jack sh!t about Ahmad Aubrey but being familiar with the Rittenhouse case, I'm guessing that the the video footage vindicates them compeletely.

Guess again.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2021, 01:18:01 PM »

For all the laughably too f[inks]ing stupid for words takes this thread (and about these cases in general), this one takes the cake (and I've seen it elsewhere too):

If you are going to acquit Kyle Rittenhouse because he claimed self-defense, then you might as well aquit those white men in Georgia who murdered Ahmad Aubrey. They are claiming it was self-defense and he grabbed their gun.

The legal precedent has been set in this country that you can stalk someone with a firearm, even if they have not committed a crime, and if they decide they are threatened and want to take the gun from you, or protect themselves in any way whatsoever then that means you are the victim and not them.

it's a possibility. Wait and see. In the rittenhouse case, things were crystal clear tough. Not here.

It's just as clear.

Aubrey grabbed their weapon and they "feared for their life".

That's all it takes in this country. Those are the magic words.

The reason Rittenhouse was acquitted was not simply because he said he "feared for his life" and those are magic words it's because there was clear video evidence of him being assaulted. The video of the Arbery killing showed the exact opposite.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies