If you acquit Kyle Rittenhouse, you might as well acquit Ahmad Aubrey's killers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:09:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  If you acquit Kyle Rittenhouse, you might as well acquit Ahmad Aubrey's killers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: If you acquit Kyle Rittenhouse, you might as well acquit Ahmad Aubrey's killers  (Read 2287 times)
EJ24
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 19, 2021, 07:09:42 PM »

If you are going to acquit Kyle Rittenhouse because he claimed self-defense, then you might as well aquit those white men in Georgia who murdered Ahmad Aubrey. They are claiming it was self-defense and he grabbed their gun.

The legal precedent has been set in this country that you can stalk someone with a firearm, even if they have not committed a crime, and if they decide they are threatened and want to take the gun from you, or protect themselves in any way whatsoever then that means you are the victim and not them.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 07:11:38 PM »

While the two cases are quite different, I think there's unfortunately a pretty good chance Aubrey's killers get off as well.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 07:11:52 PM »

If you are going to acquit Kyle Rittenhouse because he claimed self-defense, then you might as well aquit those white men in Georgia who murdered Ahmad Aubrey. They are claiming it was self-defense and he grabbed their gun.

The legal precedent has been set in this country that you can stalk someone with a firearm, even if they have not committed a crime, and if they decide they are threatened and want to take the gun from you, or protect themselves in any way whatsoever then that means you are the victim and not them.

it's a possibility. Wait and see. In the rittenhouse case, things were crystal clear tough. Not here.
EJ24
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2021, 07:13:26 PM »

it's a possibility. Wait and see. In the rittenhouse case, things were crystal clear tough. Not here.

It's just as clear.

Aubrey grabbed their weapon and they "feared for their life".

That's all it takes in this country. Those are the magic words.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2021, 07:14:02 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2021, 07:20:11 PM by BigSerg »

They are totally different cases, I personally believe that the fools in the Ahmad case have criminal responsibility
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2021, 07:15:16 PM »

The two are not really comparable at all for a multitude of reasons, which is not surprising because criminal cases almost never have perfect parallels to them. For one it's a huge stretch to say that Rittenhouse "stalked Rosenbaum with a gun."
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2021, 07:15:50 PM »

They are totally different cases, I personally believe that the police officers in the Ahmad case have criminal responsibility
There were no police involved in the Ahmaud Arbery case.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2021, 07:15:55 PM »

They are totally different cases, I personally believe that the police officers in the Ahmad case have criminal responsibility

Assuming you mean civilians here, but the cops in the George Floyd case were universally condemned at first too. Then they weren't. Now a solid majority of right leaning Americans believe the jury was threatened and Chauvin is innocent.

I'll be interested to see if you still hold this view in a few weeks.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2021, 07:19:08 PM »

Assuming you mean civilians here, but the cops in the George Floyd case were universally condemned at first too. Then they weren't. Now a solid majority of right leaning Americans believe the jury was threatened and Chauvin is innocent.

Yes, sorry.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2021, 07:19:11 PM »

This is a technical legal point here, so please bear with me, but the outcome of a trial in Kenosha County, WI Circuit Court does not, in fact, constitute binding precedent in Chatham County, GA Superior Court.
BigSerg
7sergi9

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2021, 07:22:04 PM »

People are divided due to fentanyl overdose
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2021, 07:25:11 PM »

It's just as clear.

Aubrey grabbed their weapon and they "feared for their life".

That's all it takes in this country. Those are the magic words.

there were videos in the trial that showed that rittenhouse acted in self defense. Not here.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2021, 07:25:25 PM »

The fentanyl overdose nonsense has been discredited by multiple medical professionals and has no bearing besides random 4chan posts and tweets made by Nazis.

Fact is George Floyd had a blood oxygen level of over 98%, which is well above the 95% level considered to be the cutoff for healthy and not consistent at all with any drug overdose death.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2021, 07:27:49 PM »

From what I have seen many of those people including Dereich believe the jury was pressured to convict on the highest charge while the rest were all correct.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2021, 07:28:40 PM »

I think if you are trying to kidnap someone, you probably don't get to claim self-defense when you kill them for going after your weapon.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2021, 07:32:10 PM »

I think if you are trying to kidnap someone, you probably don't get to claim self-defense when you kill them for going after your weapon.

"kidnap someone" = arrest a suspected thief (if my knowledge of the case is correct)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2021, 07:33:06 PM »

"kidnap someone" = arrest a burglar (if my knowledge of the case is correct)

Then your knowledge of the case is not correct as Arbery was just jogging, not a burglar.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2021, 07:33:14 PM »

The difference is that Kyle was not chasing down someone with the intent to harm them, he was being chased with harm to be inflicted upon him. Lock them up.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2021, 07:35:22 PM »

It was a trespassing from what I recall but no charges would have been filed as the cops still had to give him warning of trespassing.

The suspects didn't see any crime being committed so they had no right to chase him down. Infact this is pretty similar to the Huber and Grosskreutz shooting in that these people chased after Rittenhouse despite not knowing what exactly happened and Rittenhouse clearly wasn't shooting people randomly.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2021, 07:36:17 PM »

Here's one difference (hate to link to Fox News but the fact that even they're admitting this is telling): https://www.foxnews.com/us/ahmaud-arbery-trial-travis-mcmichael-admits-arbery-never-pulled-out-a-gun-or-threatened-him
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2021, 07:41:13 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2021, 07:54:40 PM by GP270watch »

America has created an insane gun rights defense. Cops have more leeway for use of deadly force than even American soldiers do in war. Citizens have even more leeway than cops in many of these perverted stand you grand states or with the all around culture that supports stand your ground as now being some inalienable right, when in actuality it's very recent law made up by the NRA to sell guns(Marion Hammer). It's like gun ownership automatically gives you some magical legal protection against the consequences of your poor actions and it makes no sense. If you beat somebody up in a fight in self defense and they they hit their head on the concrete and die you can get a manslaughter charge but you can shoot 3 people, killing 2 and walk away free.

Weird times in America.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2021, 07:42:40 PM »

The fentanyl overdose nonsense has been discredited by multiple medical professionals and has no bearing besides random 4chan posts and tweets made by Nazis.

Fact is George Floyd had a blood oxygen level of over 98%, which is well above the 95% level considered to be the cutoff for healthy and not consistent at all with any drug overdose death.

Be fair. The police report also said he had a high level of melanin, and officers can't be blamed when someone with that condition dies during arrest.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2021, 07:47:37 PM »

Then your knowledge of the case is not correct as Arbery was just jogging, not a burglar.

ok but in their brain, they thought that he was a burglar.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2021, 07:49:14 PM »

ok but in their brain, they thought that he was a burglar.

Which is simply not enough grounds to go around waving a gun at someone and threatening them.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2021, 08:02:53 PM »

The difference is that Kyle was not chasing down someone with the intent to harm them, he was being chased with harm to be inflicted upon him. Lock them up.

The right's quick turn to care about justice and racial equality under the law always gives me a good laugh
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies