If you acquit Kyle Rittenhouse, you might as well acquit Ahmad Aubrey's killers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:20:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  If you acquit Kyle Rittenhouse, you might as well acquit Ahmad Aubrey's killers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: If you acquit Kyle Rittenhouse, you might as well acquit Ahmad Aubrey's killers  (Read 2288 times)
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2021, 02:47:12 PM »

A very stupid thread title
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2021, 02:50:45 PM »
« Edited: November 20, 2021, 04:43:44 PM by Badger »

I'm trying to forget about the other case, but this case really concerns me.
well don't do that, it's an excellent example of why one needs to have a broad section of news sources.  All of yours lied to you for a year.  You aught to be pissed, not wanting to forget it.
A bunch of rednecks waving the Confederate flag and chasing down and killing a black man jogging down the street? I suppose some of you are still wearing your sheets when posting here?
It seems to be all of 2 people, on the entire board.

Gotta bully those 2 into submission now.

If by bully you mean mock them mercilessly for the horrendous views that they adhere to, absolutely. That's called free speech, snowflake.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2021, 04:42:40 PM »

Obviously the jury was all white except 1 Blk male, the jury that convicted OJ on his second trial didn't have a Blk females, they were all white women

It matters whom the jury, the Michael Jackson jury were white female, as well the acquired Jackson, based on a non violent crime when it comes to rape of another male is a downgrade even as child from a girl

I don't know the make up of the jury but those cope are gonna be convicted, obviously, the white females were sympathetic towards Rittenhouse mom whom was active in the case

Also the jury hated the fact the Prosecutor errored in.pointing a gun at them in Crt, jury don't have to go by the letter of law only if they convict will their verdict be Appealed

They found reasonable doubt because he was a white man to acquit obviously, the Blk man was the lone holdout if they took 3 days

There's no real evidence it was the black juror holding out. I thought Rittenhouse lawyer said 6-6 split Thursday night

Genuinely surprised it was ever even that close towards a conviction
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2021, 04:43:40 PM »
« Edited: November 20, 2021, 04:47:22 PM by lfromnj »

Obviously the jury was all white except 1 Blk male, the jury that convicted OJ on his second trial didn't have a Blk females, they were all white women

It matters whom the jury, the Michael Jackson jury were white female, as well the acquired Jackson, based on a non violent crime when it comes to rape of another male is a downgrade even as child from a girl

I don't know the make up of the jury but those cope are gonna be convicted, obviously, the white females were sympathetic towards Rittenhouse mom whom was active in the case

Also the jury hated the fact the Prosecutor errored in.pointing a gun at them in Crt, jury don't have to go by the letter of law only if they convict will their verdict be Appealed

They found reasonable doubt because he was a white man to acquit obviously, the Blk man was the lone holdout if they took 3 days

There's no real evidence it was the black juror holding out. I thought Rittenhouse lawyer said 6-6 split Thursday night

Source for lawyer quote?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2021, 06:43:23 PM »

We'll probably find out in the coming weeks as jurors tend to open up and speak then, but I'm guessing the reason it took that long is because there was at least one #Resistance *blue wave emoji* type on the jury and they were insisting that even if the murder charges couldn't stick he was at least definitely guilty of "something" like a lot of people here seem to be insisting and took awhile to back down.

Also makes sure if any such stories do come out to actually read them in depth and not just go based on headlines or summaries, a couple weeks ago I saw clickbaiters and concern trolls insisting that a CNN interview with some of the Derek Chauvin jurors showed that Chauvin was actually very close to being acquitted, when in fact the actual story posted was more like 9 jurors thought he was guilty off the bat and the remainder were like "Well let's reexamine the evidence a bit more" and then after doing so all quickly shifted to guilty hence why the deliberations of that one were pretty short.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2021, 06:51:20 PM »
« Edited: November 20, 2021, 07:10:25 PM by lfromnj »

We'll probably find out in the coming weeks as jurors tend to open up and speak then, but I'm guessing the reason it took that long is because there was at least one #Resistance *blue wave emoji* type on the jury and they were insisting that even if the murder charges couldn't stick he was at least definitely guilty of "something" like a lot of people here seem to be insisting and took awhile to back down.

Also makes sure if any such stories do come out to actually read them in depth and not just go based on headlines or summaries, a couple weeks ago I saw clickbaiters and concern trolls insisting that a CNN interview with some of the Derek Chauvin jurors showed that Chauvin was actually very close to being acquitted, when in fact the actual story posted was more like 9 jurors thought he was guilty off the bat and the remainder were like "Well let's reexamine the evidence a bit more" and then after doing so all quickly shifted to guilty hence why the deliberations of that one were pretty short.

Yeah I dont believe they were 6-6 on Thursday night and then suddenly became unanimous in 3 hours of Friday.  Wouldn't most resistance activists be taken care of in the jury selection though?
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2021, 09:55:28 PM »

The concern I've seen about the Rittenhouse verdict is that it's being celebrated by white supremacists/fash types who, curiously, suffer from the same delusion about the outcome of the case that a lot of liberals and leftists do: that it gives far-right vigilantes impunity for killing Antifa and BLM protestors.

Let's not allow the expectations of violent extremists and thugs -- whether they be right-wingers, left-wingers, or purely opportunistic rioters - to hold our justice system hostage.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2021, 11:59:51 PM »

I agree, the McMichaels should absolutely be acquitted. No doubt about it.

No, they should be guilty. They murdered him

Self-defense, he grabbed the barrel of their shotgun and was trying to wrest it away.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2021, 12:05:10 AM »

If you are going to acquit Kyle Rittenhouse because he claimed self-defense, then you might as well aquit those white men in Georgia who murdered Ahmad Aubrey. They are claiming it was self-defense and he grabbed their gun.

The legal precedent has been set in this country that you can stalk someone with a firearm, even if they have not committed a crime, and if they decide they are threatened and want to take the gun from you, or protect themselves in any way whatsoever then that means you are the victim and not them.

Not knowing jack sh!t about Ahmad Aubrey but being familiar with the Rittenhouse case, I'm guessing that the the video footage vindicates them compeletely.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2021, 02:33:25 AM »

I celebrated the Rittenhouse verdict, and I will celebrate similarly when these guys get locked up. You cannot claim self-defense when you were the instigator of the situation, and especially if you pursued the person you killed. For comparison, this would be like if Huber and Grosskreutz succeeded in killing Rittenhouse and then claimed "self-defense" because they thought they were trying to apprehend an active shooter.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2021, 03:26:34 AM »

\

https://www.reddit.com/r/PoliticalCompassMemes/comments/qxa7qp/live_look_at_how_the_rittenhouse_jurry_is_going/
Leaked scene. Next up, atlas avatar jury starring Dule, Ferguson, and BRTD.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2021, 03:27:29 AM »

\

https://www.reddit.com/r/PoliticalCompassMemes/comments/qxa7qp/live_look_at_how_the_rittenhouse_jurry_is_going/
That sub is basically an alt-right one now even if it started as a balanced one, so really not funny.

(No it's not really predominately alt-right but it's still like 50% alt-right, 25% tankies, 20% ancap helicopter meming types and 5% normal people who don't realize how toxic it is and usually leave quickly. Awful place regardless.)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2021, 03:31:29 AM »

I've considered writing an Atlas parody of 12 Angry Men, but I'm not sure what topic I'd pick. Maybe the trial would be for the banning of Sanchez.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2021, 08:36:55 AM »

These threads praising Rittenhouse are silly if he was Blk he would of been found Guilty, don't forget Zimmerman was ACQUITTED on Stand your ground laws too

The reason why Rittenhouse is praised especially by Proud Boys, due to NRA Stand your ground and self defense

Your only can use deadly force when you are not provoking an attack like burglarizing your House and you are the victim and victim of a robbery or rape

Like Rittenhouse being a politician, he is getting Death threats
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2021, 09:14:53 AM »

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2021, 09:35:39 AM »

Source for lawyer quote?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/18/us/kyle-rittenhouse-jury-deliberations.html

The  lesson to learn here kids is that when the print on the screen is moving around, with the characters detaching and reattaching themselves, that it is time to stop drinking. What would you all do without me?
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2021, 09:41:35 AM »

It was just his speculations.

Mark Richards, a lawyer for Mr. Rittenhouse, seemed confounded by the length of the deliberations after court broke for the day on Thursday. “They’re either working to get a consensus — maybe they’re dead-even split,” Mr. Richards said of the jury as he left the courthouse.

Throughout the building, there were few certainties, but much speculation.

Mr. Richards said that when he looked at the faces of the jurors as they sat in the courtroom at the end of the day, he thought, “They’re six-six split.”
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2021, 01:49:41 PM »

Badly aged take.
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2021, 04:09:07 PM »

It was a bad take from the beginning, and a lot of people here rightfully called it out straight away.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2021, 04:16:58 PM »

It was a bad take from the beginning, and a lot of people here rightfully called it out straight away.
I find it rather amusing honestly how all these legal scholars who got their JDs from Twitter University seem to think "precedent" works. Most of these sort of takes could be demolished simply based on the undergrad Constitutional Law class I took!
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2021, 05:06:22 PM »

The white left loses yet again.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2021, 05:28:30 PM »

Can you kindly count for me a single leftist or anything close to the sort on this thread disappointed about this verdict?

If you're trying some other attack that this proves racism is dead and the American judicial system, let's all please remember that it was only because the cell phone video taken by one of the defendants somehow got leaked to the media months later. But for that and the ensuing national outcry,  The system would have protected these men from even being charged, let alone convicted.

Is a single whistle blower that opened up a slam dunk case That was initially being  Treated as justifiable homicide by both the responding officers and the prosecutor's office alike is this is, to put it mildly, not exactly a good case that racism is dead in the American judicial system.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2021, 05:34:47 PM »

Proud boys can stop celebrating in stand your ground law, this Verdict upends the Rittenhouse verdict

Tester vows to change the Law on Guns so that we never have a Rittenhouse verdict ever again in a D Trifecta but we can change them now but there are games being played in Filibuster reform

Change the Law that overrides Stand your ground laws in states where it doesn't infringe on people that are killed by it like Trayvon Martin case as well

Hillary said she wanted to change the Law but Trump made it out to be 2nd Amendment rights
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2021, 06:10:42 PM »

This is another instance of Democrats twisting themselves into a pretzel purely because they can't admit they were wrong about something in the chaotic aftermath of a confusing event. It is so goddamn ridiculous to say that Rittenhouse's case is no different than the one where armed men surrounded a black guy that was minding his own business, held him prisoner, and then murdered him.

Why would you even want to put yourself in this situation? Rittenhouse defended himself and because all the evidence pointed to his innocence, he was found not guilty. These trashy Georgia men were found guilty because all the evidence pointed to their guilt. The juries did the right thing in both cases and we should celebrate that our system actually worked.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2021, 06:22:45 PM »

These trashy Georgia men were found guilty because all the evidence pointed to their guilt. The juries did the right thing in both cases and we should celebrate that our system actually worked.

The juries did the right thing, but the Georgia men were only found guilty because they were stupid enough to take footage of their murder and a lawyer leaked it online. The standard checks and balances of "the system" failed because of (at the very least) a corrupt prosecutor.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies