If you acquit Kyle Rittenhouse, you might as well acquit Ahmad Aubrey's killers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:50:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  If you acquit Kyle Rittenhouse, you might as well acquit Ahmad Aubrey's killers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: If you acquit Kyle Rittenhouse, you might as well acquit Ahmad Aubrey's killers  (Read 2289 times)
Yellowhammer
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2021, 08:04:02 PM »

I agree, the McMichaels should absolutely be acquitted. No doubt about it.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2021, 08:11:17 PM »

I think if you are trying to kidnap someone, you probably don't get to claim self-defense when you kill them for going after your weapon.

"kidnap someone" = arrest a burglar (if my knowledge of the case is correct)

Then your knowledge of the case is not correct as Arbery was just jogging, not a burglar.

ok but in their brain, they thought that he was a burglar.

Stupid, stupid, stupid post. You cannot shoot someone based on speculation.

Nothing but white supremacy and gun lunacy. They were wrong and anyone who says they should be acquitted is part of the problem this country has.
BG-NY
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.23, S: 0.42

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2021, 08:11:57 PM »

Nothing but white supremacy and gun lunacy. They were wrong and anyone who says they should be acquitted is part of the problem this country has.
You are the whitest person on this board full of white people.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2021, 08:13:28 PM »

You are the whitest person on this board full of white people.

A hit dog will holler. Something about my posts must really trigger you for you to stalk me all over the board.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2021, 08:21:25 PM »

No, they should be guilty. They murdered him
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2021, 08:22:00 PM »

I think if you are trying to kidnap someone, you probably don't get to claim self-defense when you kill them for going after your weapon.

Then your knowledge of the case is not correct as Arbery was just jogging, not a burglar.

Stupid, stupid, stupid post. You cannot shoot someone based on speculation.

Lol, again, you make fun of you. I don't say that it was a good reason to kill the black man. I just think  that some member of the jury could think that and so vote not guilty.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2021, 08:31:31 PM »

If you can't see the huge differences between the cases, you're beyond help.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2021, 08:34:43 PM »

In the Aubrey case the shooter chased the decedent. In kenosha Wisconsin decedent chase you.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2021, 08:37:20 PM »

"kidnap someone" = arrest a suspected thief (if my knowledge of the case is correct)

With the important caveat that in the killer's minds,  "Jogging black man" = "suspected thief".
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2021, 08:39:04 PM »

Again, in their brain "jogging black man" equals" burglar".
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2021, 08:57:37 PM »

I have to say, as annoyed as I usually am by BRTD's threads, he has been extremely levelheaded and nuanced about all of this.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2021, 09:16:18 PM »

I have to say, as annoyed as I usually am by BRTD's threads, he has been extremely levelheaded and nuanced about all of this.
It doesn't involve emo, Family Guy and other cartoons, women's feet or denominational comparisons within Christianity, so therefore I'm not prone to behave bizarrely.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2021, 06:16:55 AM »

The two cases are not analogous in the slightest. Rittenhouse might be an odious individual but he had far more of a case for self-defense than the creeps in this case.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2021, 06:34:43 AM »

I'm trying to forget about the other case, but this case really concerns me. A bunch of rednecks waving the Confederate flag and chasing down and killing a black man jogging down the street? I suppose some of you are still wearing your sheets when posting here?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2021, 06:42:37 AM »

I'm trying to forget about the other case, but this case really concerns me.
well don't do that, it's an excellent example of why one needs to have a broad section of news sources.  All of yours lied to you for a year.  You aught to be pissed, not wanting to forget it.
A bunch of rednecks waving the Confederate flag and chasing down and killing a black man jogging down the street? I suppose some of you are still wearing your sheets when posting here?
It seems to be all of 2 people, on the entire board.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2021, 06:45:01 AM »

well don't do that, it's an excellent example of why one needs to have a broad section of news sources.  All of yours lied to you for a year.  You aught to be pissed, not wanting to forget it.
A bunch of rednecks waving the Confederate flag and chasing down and killing a black man jogging down the street? I suppose some of you are still wearing your sheets when posting here?

Gotta bully those 2 into submission now.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2021, 07:14:24 AM »

Nah, I saw the news as I was walking out of the house. I decided to try to forget about it and I had a much better day, tbh. Our judicial system is far from perfect, but I do believe it is the best. That doesn't mean I or you will like every result. This isn't the first murderer to get off and it won't be the last.

That was a euphemism for racism and I believe there are more racists posting here than you think.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2021, 08:27:20 AM »

The difference is that Kyle was not chasing down someone with the intent to harm them, he was being chased with harm to be inflicted upon him. Lock them up.

The right's quick turn to care about justice and racial equality under the law always gives me a good laugh

I am no more "the right" than you, and I don't particularly think of myself as a stark defender of either subject in my comment here or anywhere else. Just stating the facts at a very bare minimum. Your comment makes absolutely zero sense. Anyone who is anti-fact is a political hack not worth anyone's time.

As long as I have posted here, I have been rather vocal about defendant rights, and the one thing I fall for again and again for over a decade now is innocence defense funds. Gut instinct whenever I am put on a jury will always be to favor the defense who's life often need not be ruined. However, this case doesn't even feature a defendant offering a cohesive defense.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2021, 09:03:31 AM »
« Edited: November 20, 2021, 09:07:23 AM by Mr. MANDELA BARNES »

Obviously the jury was all white except 1 Blk male, the jury that convicted OJ on his second trial didn't have a Blk females, they were all white women

It matters whom the jury, the Michael Jackson jury were white female, as well the acquired Jackson, based on a non violent crime when it comes to rape of another male is a downgrade even as child from a girl

I don't know the make up of the jury but those cope are gonna be convicted, obviously, the white females were sympathetic towards Rittenhouse mom whom was active in the case

Also the jury hated the fact the Prosecutor errored in.pointing a gun at them in Crt, jury don't have to go by the letter of law only if they convict will their verdict be Appealed

They found reasonable doubt because he was a white man to acquit obviously, the Blk man was the lone holdout if they took 3 days
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2021, 11:25:43 AM »

Obviously the jury was all white except 1 Blk male, the jury that convicted OJ on his second trial didn't have a Blk females, they were all white women

It matters whom the jury, the Michael Jackson jury were white female, as well the acquired Jackson, based on a non violent crime when it comes to rape of another male is a downgrade even as child from a girl

I don't know the make up of the jury but those cope are gonna be convicted, obviously, the white females were sympathetic towards Rittenhouse mom whom was active in the case

Also the jury hated the fact the Prosecutor errored in.pointing a gun at them in Crt, jury don't have to go by the letter of law only if they convict will their verdict be Appealed

They found reasonable doubt because he was a white man to acquit obviously, the Blk man was the lone holdout if they took 3 days

There's no real evidence it was the black juror holding out. I thought Rittenhouse lawyer said 6-6 split Thursday night
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2021, 11:32:08 AM »

It doesn't involve emo, Family Guy and other cartoons, women's feet or denominational comparisons within Christianity, so therefore I'm not prone to behave bizarrely.

If only the rest of us could compartmentalize our bizarreness outside of the political realm...
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2021, 11:36:17 AM »

I mean this thread alone shows a contrast: no one except an out and out troll who thankfully most people (although sadly not all) and a non-American who clearly knows little about the case has defended the Arbery killers.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2021, 11:39:37 AM »

The thread title is ridiculous.

Each trial is its own trial, with its own circumstances.  That the principle of self-defense applies to Kyle Rittenhouse (as I believe it does) does not mean it applies in the Arbery case.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2021, 11:47:00 AM »

I mean this thread alone shows a contrast: no one except an out and out troll who thankfully most people (although sadly not all) and a non-American who clearly knows little about the case has defended the Arbery killers.

Cases are often like this. I thought Michael Brown was an aggressor and Eric Garner was murdered at the same time.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2021, 01:14:55 PM »

Another issue with the premise of this thread that no one aside from Donerail has really touched on is that Wisconsin law is not Georgia law, so even if the Rittenhouse case set binding precedent throughout Wisconsin, it would not in the entire country.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies