Sweden election 2022 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:29:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Sweden election 2022 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sweden election 2022  (Read 32556 times)
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« on: September 03, 2022, 12:16:40 PM »

- Ebba Busch (KD) said in an SVT interview said that she wants to exclude SD and L from government in the event that the centre-right wins. This is very interesting, as SD is clearly demanding positions of power for his party (e.g. chairmanships, committee powers, inclusion in negotiations), and L clearly wants to be in government while also excluding SD. It also seems that despite L's rightward turn and new leadership, they have not yet re-earned the trust they lost with the January Agreement of 2019. It also is interesting because the polling share of M + KD is about equal to SD (SD is surging at M and KD's expense) and if SD is larger than those two combined, they lose a lot of their negotiating power and it will be seen as unreasonable to exclude SD from government and so much influence.

A right-wing government excluding L and SD is just KD and M, who together are only polling at only 25%. Even if you add C they're only at 33%. And KD is one of the smallest parties. Why does the junior partner in any potential coalition think it's in any position to dictate terms to the major parties?
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2022, 05:13:34 PM »
« Edited: September 03, 2022, 05:24:04 PM by Marcus Aurelius »

- Ebba Busch (KD) said in an SVT interview said that she wants to exclude SD and L from government in the event that the centre-right wins. This is very interesting, as SD is clearly demanding positions of power for his party (e.g. chairmanships, committee powers, inclusion in negotiations), and L clearly wants to be in government while also excluding SD. It also seems that despite L's rightward turn and new leadership, they have not yet re-earned the trust they lost with the January Agreement of 2019. It also is interesting because the polling share of M + KD is about equal to SD (SD is surging at M and KD's expense) and if SD is larger than those two combined, they lose a lot of their negotiating power and it will be seen as unreasonable to exclude SD from government and so much influence.

A right-wing government excluding L and SD is just KD and M, who together are only polling at only 25%. Even if you add C they're only at 33%. And KD is one of the smallest parties. Why does the junior partner in any potential coalition think it's in any position to dictate terms to the major parties?

Now you have also figured out why the government formation process will be brutal on the right as well should they win, everyone wants their cake and to eat it too

Yep, that's for sure.

When people in Sweden talk about a center-right coalition, is MP included or is it just C+L+M+KD(+SD)? Or just L+M+KD(+SD)?
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2022, 10:38:30 PM »

If L is gonna refuse to join a government that includes SD, then couldn't SD + M + KD form a minority government and simply dare L to vote against their own policy priorities purely out of spite against SD? This sure does seem like a case of the tail wagging the dog.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 11:42:38 AM »
« Edited: October 14, 2022, 11:52:12 AM by Aurelius »

I find it kind of hilarious that the party coming in 3rd now is about the win the premiership while the woman who came in a clear 1st will lose that position. And despite having gained votes for her party. Why is there not some form of grand coalition to keep SDs out of power?

Seems like a lot of standard conservative/center-right parties in Europe have become useful idiots for the far-right. I don't want to make parallels to the Third Reich here, but back then the conservatives also thought they could control the extreme right.

There's really nothing extreme-right about today's SD. They're easily the most moderate of the European parties that are commonly labeled far-right. If they were like AfD in Germany I'm sure it would be a very different matter.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2022, 03:44:17 PM »

The SD isn't that right wing compared to parties like the AfD, and the PM is more moderate still. This is an important moment to protect the LGBT+ community, women, Jews, and integrated immigrants.

what exactly would sd do to benefit any of those groups
Get rid of the people firebombing Sweden's synagogues, for one thing...
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2022, 10:28:30 AM »
« Edited: October 16, 2022, 10:35:52 AM by Aurelius »

The SD isn't that right wing compared to parties like the AfD, and the PM is more moderate still. This is an important moment to protect the LGBT+ community, women, Jews, and integrated immigrants.

They would protect LGBT+ people from the horde of scary Muslims secret homophobes who consider it a western perversion inside V, women from the horde of scary Muslims patriarchal apologists for forced marriages inside V, Jews from the horde of scary Muslims crazy Méluchistes/Corbynites inside V and integrated immigrants from the horde of scary Muslims gang criminals who refuse to integrate inside V. Of course.

I don’t hate Muslims. But Islamic immigrants to Sweden are a lot different to Muslims in the US. If you immigrate to the US, you most certainly don’t think of the US as a empire of infidels or whatever. You can go to Sweden and think that. This is also why rape statistics among Muslims in the US are the same if not lower than the non-Muslim populace, while the stats for Muslims in Sweden (and Norway too, for that matter) are much higher. Hell, Osama Bin Laden lives in Sweden for a while.

These non-integrationists also harm migrants who do want to adapt to Scandinavian society. They are also more conservative, with over 50% of Muslim migrants in the UK supporting Sharia Law. In countries like Sweden- where support for the LGBTQ+ community is standard across the political spectrum- these people can make up the majority of violent homophobes.

But I very much support refugees and immigrants who do want to integrate- half my mandatory service hours I need to graduate were spent preparing food and assistance for Afghan refugees, for instance.

This is pretty much the standard position of European far right parties, yes. Which you might want to take into consideration in the future.

And funnily enough, these parties are typically infested with antisemitism, misogyny and LGBT-phobia because, shock revelation, people who are bigoted tend to have bigoted views on any issues.

Exactly, thank you for reminding me even more why I am a fan of SD. This makes those parties good, at least on that front. The guilt by association crap doesn't work on me. "These groups that I consider ~problematic~ share your views." Cool. I don't care if you consider them problematic. That's exactly why (at least in the case of SD) I support them! Believe it or not, as a Jew I care more about my synagogue not being bombed than the welfare of the people bombing it!

I am not obligated to welcome people who hate me and want to destroy my way of life out of some vacuous, self-destructive left-liberalism.

(and of course, SD is nothing like AfD or even RN. This is relevant too)
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2022, 06:14:10 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2022, 06:18:22 PM by Aurelius »

They would protect LGBT+ people from the horde of scary Muslims secret homophobes who consider it a western perversion inside V, women from the horde of scary Muslims patriarchal apologists for forced marriages inside V, Jews from the horde of scary Muslims crazy Méluchistes/Corbynites inside V and integrated immigrants from the horde of scary Muslims gang criminals who refuse to integrate inside V. Of course.

I don’t hate Muslims. But Islamic immigrants to Sweden are a lot different to Muslims in the US. If you immigrate to the US, you most certainly don’t think of the US as a empire of infidels or whatever. You can go to Sweden and think that. This is also why rape statistics among Muslims in the US are the same if not lower than the non-Muslim populace, while the stats for Muslims in Sweden (and Norway too, for that matter) are much higher. Hell, Osama Bin Laden lives in Sweden for a while.

These non-integrationists also harm migrants who do want to adapt to Scandinavian society. They are also more conservative, with over 50% of Muslim migrants in the UK supporting Sharia Law. In countries like Sweden- where support for the LGBTQ+ community is standard across the political spectrum- these people can make up the majority of violent homophobes.

But I very much support refugees and immigrants who do want to integrate- half my mandatory service hours I need to graduate were spent preparing food and assistance for Afghan refugees, for instance.

This is pretty much the standard position of European far right parties, yes. Which you might want to take into consideration in the future.

And funnily enough, these parties are typically infested with antisemitism, misogyny and LGBT-phobia because, shock revelation, people who are bigoted tend to have bigoted views on any issues.

Exactly, thank you for reminding me even more why I am a fan of SD. This makes those parties good, at least on that front. The guilt by association crap doesn't work on me. "These groups that I consider ~problematic~ share your views." Cool. I don't care if you consider them problematic. That's exactly why (at least in the case of SD) I support them! Believe it or not, as a Jew I care more about my synagogue not being bombed than the welfare of the people bombing it!

I am not obligated to welcome people who hate me and want to destroy my way of life out of some vacuous, self-destructive left-liberalism.

(and of course, SD is nothing like AfD or even RN. This is relevant too)

Then why do you support replacing which a group that would bomb your synagogue by another one who would do the same thing (but be white instead of brown)?

I don't. First off, SD is not what it was even two decades ago. In the last election before Jimmie Akesson took control of the party, SD got 1.4% of the vote. Now they're at 20.5% of the vote. Even if we pretend none of those pre-Akesson SD supporters have died or switched parties, they make up a mere 7% of the party's current support base. So no, they are not a group that would bomb my (hypothetical, since I'm not Swedish) synagogue, nor are they full of people who would cheer on such a thing. Not all European "far-right" parties are alike. AfD, for example, easily deserves that label, is incredibly extreme, and no failing of mainstream politicians makes them worth supporting. Calling SD far-right is absolutely laughable, and I suspect the main reason people still do so is because it's an effective scare tactic which implicitly causes people to think of them in the same lines as Golden Dawn and the post-2016 AfD.

And much more importantly, SD is the only party that has truly taken seriously the country's insane mishandling of the refugee situation. Other European countries have done a much better job of handling this. Sweden has not! It's hard to seriously vet people, or even make real attempts at integrating them, when you're in refugees equivalent to more than 1.5% of your population a year. That's equivalent to a population growth of 16% over a decade, entirely of people from countries where they are brainwashed from birth to hate people of my religion and where enormous majorities support the prescribed sharia punishments for people of my sexual orientation. It's easy for Americans in particular to forget this, because we have this thing called the ocean separating us from Afro-Eurasia, so we get an entirely different set of Muslim immigrants who are very different than the ones Sweden is getting.

For a long time the center and left were telling everyone you see nothing, you're racist, keep calm, carry on while gang warfare was skyrocketing and my coreligionists' houses of worship were attacked. Not even a year ago the government tried to arrest researchers who stumbled onto the (glaringly obvious) correlation between the surge of migrants and the crime spike! Sweden needs a massive course correction and SD can and will provide it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies