Sweden election 2022 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:06:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Sweden election 2022 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sweden election 2022  (Read 32555 times)
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« on: September 09, 2022, 07:39:15 AM »

To think the olds wasted the '90s dogpiling on the boomers when it was Gen X that we really had to fear...
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2022, 02:26:06 AM »

discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2022, 05:31:58 AM »

Polls have shown the Social Democrats gaining and within reach of a majority alongside V, MP and the Feminist Initiative (should the latter get past the threshold)

discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 07:02:58 AM »

For-profit education companies' shares rose this morning on the stock market on the election result (yay populism!)

Specters of Marx, is that you?
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2022, 10:34:02 AM »

I want to have a chat with the 5% of 2018 SD voters who switched to M this time. Based kings fighting the long defeat against totalizing #trendz
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2022, 07:27:38 AM »

sad piano remix of this

discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2022, 06:18:01 AM »

It's also interesting to note just how terrible Feminist Initiative did when you consider the party was close to enter parliament just 8 years ago and was the biggest of the small parties just 4 years ago. I don't think the party will survive much longer.

discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2022, 08:04:03 AM »

MISS ME YET?
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2022, 08:21:07 AM »

"It is clear that the Liberals were very tormented. The question that will be asked is whether it is time for a name change in the Liberals. because it is not liberal politics that will be pursued. It is Jimmie Åkesson who holds the leash."

Iconic
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2022, 03:50:09 PM »

The SD isn't that right wing compared to parties like the AfD, and the PM is more moderate still. This is an important moment to protect the LGBT+ community, women, Jews, and integrated immigrants.

what exactly would sd do to benefit any of those groups
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2022, 09:48:36 PM »

Why are the first 100 comments on Kristersson’s Instagram post spamming Hedi Freid?

https://www.jpost.com/omg/article-719764
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2022, 12:49:17 PM »

(and of course, SD is nothing like AfD or even RN. This is relevant too)

The difference is the fact that you and plenty of Swedish voters think this and are made to think they can believe this comfortably, not any substantial ipso facto difference.
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2022, 12:50:27 PM »

The SD isn't that right wing compared to parties like the AfD, and the PM is more moderate still. This is an important moment to protect the LGBT+ community, women, Jews, and integrated immigrants.

what exactly would sd do to benefit any of those groups

They would protect LGBT+ people from the horde of scary Muslims secret homophobes who consider it a western perversion inside V, women from the horde of scary Muslims patriarchal apologists for forced marriages inside V, Jews from the horde of scary Muslims crazy Méluchistes/Corbynites inside V and integrated immigrants from the horde of scary Muslims gang criminals who refuse to integrate inside V. Of course.

I don’t hate Muslims. But Islamic immigrants to Sweden are a lot different to Muslims in the US. If you immigrate to the US, you most certainly don’t think of the US as a empire of infidels or whatever. You can go to Sweden and think that. This is also why rape statistics among Muslims in the US are the same if not lower than the non-Muslim populace, while the stats for Muslims in Sweden (and Norway too, for that matter) are much higher. Hell, Osama Bin Laden lives in Sweden for a while.

These non-integrationists also harm migrants who do want to adapt to Scandinavian society. They are also more conservative, with over 50% of Muslim migrants in the UK supporting Sharia Law. In countries like Sweden- where support for the LGBTQ+ community is standard across the political spectrum- these people can make up the majority of violent homophobes.

But I very much support refugees and immigrants who do want to integrate- half my mandatory service hours I need to graduate were spent preparing food and assistance for Afghan refugees, for instance.

This is pretty much the standard position of European far right parties, yes. Which you might want to take into consideration in the future.

And funnily enough, these parties are typically infested with antisemitism, misogyny and LGBT-phobia because, shock revelation, people who are bigoted tend to have bigoted views on any issues.

The far right hates immigration because they hate Muslims because they are racist. I am merely concerned with the destruction of the tolerant, welcoming society that exists in Sweden and Scandinavia at large.

Shock revelation, when you come from a country where being gay is punishable by death and where 98%+ of the population have a negative opinion of Jews, you don’t leave said views when you arrive in Sweden.

On the contrary, integrated Muslims in Europe and virtually all Muslims in the US are some of the biggest contributors to society.

It's very disheartening to see that this line of thought pushed by War on Terror propagandists twenty years ago still persists when they never believed it to begin with.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies