SR 106-04: Wulfric Resolution (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:55:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SR 106-04: Wulfric Resolution (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SR 106-04: Wulfric Resolution (Passed)  (Read 2162 times)
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« on: November 09, 2021, 08:57:48 PM »

Ladies and gentlemen of the Senate, we assemble here tonight to sit in judgment of Wulfric and Wulfricism. The man who leads this movement has waged a campaign of injustice in Lincoln, with the ultimate goal of steering this nation into the dark abyss. With attempts to Ban McDonalds, the xenophobic element of this ideology can be seen. With it’s attempts to wantonly pass bill after bill in the Lincoln General (Kangaroo) Court, it’s contempt for democracy can be seen. Wulfricism a totalitarian ideology no different from what we see in nations like North Korea. In order to asset ourselves as a free republic, we must take a stand and wholeheartedly condemn Wulfricism.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2021, 08:53:42 PM »

In light of new evidence that Wulfric holds views hostile to the Jewish community here in Atlasia, the necessity of this resolution could not be more clear. Such bigotry and ignorance has no place in Atlasia. For the information of my fellow Senators, I present the following as evidence:

WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 01:24:35 PM »

I support the amendment.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2021, 12:56:43 PM »

Seeing as we have a very serious issue with the antisemitism, I think this should be paired back to just condemning that, rather than a sweeping condemnation of what are best meme political positions, which should be resisted in other ways (such as my acquisition of McDonald's yesterday, the denial of passage to bills trying to ban McDonald's and such forth).

Has the person in question directly expressed Anti-Irish sentiment other than via the name of the establishment that he is so quixotic about eliminating?

As for behavior in a regional chamber, while I am not against the Senate necessarily expressing a behavior, the primary place for passing such a condemnation would naturally be in that region itself.

As it reads now, we have a resolution that gives a lengthy reasons for anti-wulfricism that basically all amount to meme issues, than almost as an aside at the end is like, "oh by the way, he thinks Jews...". I think there is a disconnect here in terms of the severity of the issues at hand and the structure of the resolution.

At minimum IV should be moved up to II with the original II and III made to be III and IV respectively.

Is this sufficient? If so, I offer this as an amendment.
A RESOLUTION
To Denounce the Moral Scourge of Wulfricism

Section I. Title
I. This Act may be cited as the Wulfric Resolution.

Section II. Denouncing Wulfricism

I. The Republic of Atlasia recognizes that Wulfric, most notably in his capacity as Speaker of the Lincoln General Court,has engaged in totalitarian and oppressive acts against the people of Lincoln and wholeheartedly condemns them.

II. The Republic of Atlasia condemns and denounces Wulfric's anti-Semitism.

III. The Republic of Atlasia recognizes that Wulfricism has enabled Anti-Irish sentiment, such as the attempts to ban McDonalds.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2021, 01:47:43 AM »

Motioning to proceed to a final vote.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine