2004 User Predictions - Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:49:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 User Predictions - Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 99
Author Topic: 2004 User Predictions - Discussion  (Read 870627 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1400 on: March 13, 2004, 06:25:28 PM »

Change will need to start in the Mosques as well. They have to try to get away from the parts of their Koran that are violent. Anyone who says that Islam is the religion of "peace" are flat out lying to themselves.

The Koran is about as violent as the Bible, i think. It's all a mtter of interpretation. Look at the inqustion.

Do I need to put up all the links about the Islamic beleif system again?\

Christianity is no where near as violent as Islam.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1401 on: March 13, 2004, 06:26:43 PM »

Change will need to start in the Mosques as well. They have to try to get away from the parts of their Koran that are violent. Anyone who says that Islam is the religion of "peace" are flat out lying to themselves.

The Koran is about as violent as the Bible, i think. It's all a mtter of interpretation. Look at the inqustion.

Do I need to put up all the links about the Islamic beleif system again?\

Christianity is no where near as violent as Islam.

That's mostly due to how we choose to interpret it. Look at the OT, it's pretty violent. The Koran mostly consists of the Bible anyway.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1402 on: March 13, 2004, 06:28:42 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2004, 06:29:55 PM by StatesRights »

Violent in the sense of Caine and Abel and stories of Sodom and Gomorrah. But the bible, especially the NT does not encourage violence against those who dont believe. The Koran is not "like the bible anyway". Their are many many differences. Jesus is just a prophet and not the son of God in the Koran. Many differences.

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1403 on: March 13, 2004, 06:29:08 PM »

Violent in the sense of Caine and Abel and stories of Sodom and Gomorrah. But the bible, especially the NT does not encourage violence against those who dont beleive.

And the Koran does?
dunn

« Reply #1404 on: March 13, 2004, 06:29:47 PM »

Violent in the sense of Caine and Abel and stories of Sodom and Gomorrah. But the bible, especially the NT does not encourage violence against those who dont beleive.

And the Koran does?

Yes
very much so
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1405 on: March 13, 2004, 06:31:35 PM »

And the Koran does?

Yes
very much so

I'd like at least a quote to back that up...
dunn

« Reply #1406 on: March 13, 2004, 06:33:15 PM »

And the Koran does?

Yes
very much so

statesrights put it here couple of times
check the thread
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1407 on: March 13, 2004, 06:34:39 PM »

And the Koran does?

Yes
very much so

check the thread

I can't find it in the last 5 pages or so.
dunn

« Reply #1408 on: March 13, 2004, 06:36:19 PM »

And the Koran does?

Yes
very much so

check the thread

I can't find it in the last 5 pages or so.

statesrights please help Gus
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1409 on: March 13, 2004, 06:37:16 PM »

OK I will repost some of them again :

http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-kills-myth-of-toleration.htm

http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-kills-pact-of-umar.htm

http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-kills-not-peaceful.htm
dunn

« Reply #1410 on: March 13, 2004, 06:37:49 PM »

thank you
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1411 on: March 13, 2004, 06:42:05 PM »

Their is so so much to that website I can't begin to post it all, lol.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1412 on: March 13, 2004, 06:45:59 PM »

I read the first one. Not to be offenseive, but the site seems a little weird...I now that the Koran can be interpreted to be violent. Now, to point at a few facts:

1. Throughout mediaeval times, most Muslim countries were relatively tolerant, espeically Turkey, a country long renowned for religious tolerance.

2. European Christians throughout most of this time was extremely intolerant, especially in Spain, and persecuted, not only non-Christians, but all who believed in the wrong brand of Christianity relentlessly.

I am not defending Muslim fundamentalism. I am fully aware of the fact that mainstream Islam today preaches violence, etc. But I don't think this is a necessary part of their religion, it's a stage that they will leave when they become more secular, just like we've done in the Western world.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1413 on: March 13, 2004, 06:52:32 PM »

Here is what they are about. This is about where I stand in my religious beliefs.

http://www.bible.ca/seek-about.htm
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1414 on: March 13, 2004, 06:56:05 PM »

Here is what they are about. This is about where I stand in my religious beliefs.

http://www.bible.ca/seek-about.htm

Sounds like Jmfcst's church...I'd rather to go someone unbiased for opinion on a religious document though.
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1415 on: March 13, 2004, 07:05:13 PM »

I cannot believe what I'm hearing! You can't calously talk about changing a religion. You can't merely go, "Ya, well I don't like this or that, so let's chang it." This is the faith a people, you can't rewrite the religion. Mohammad was, from what I understand, a warrior. Therefore there will likely always be a strain of violence. The goal is to elminate the extremists, not the religion. That's my opinion, I don't know, I just figure if someone came in and wanted to root out a branch of Christianity a lot of people would have something to say. This will only spread hatred not peace.

Siege40
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1416 on: March 13, 2004, 07:08:35 PM »

I cannot believe what I'm hearing! You can't calously talk about changing a religion. You can't merely go, "Ya, well I don't like this or that, so let's chang it." This is the faith a people, you can't rewrite the religion. Mohammad was, from what I understand, a warrior. Therefore there will likely always be a strain of violence. The goal is to elminate the extremists, not the religion. That's my opinion, I don't know, I just figure if someone came in and wanted to root out a branch of Christianity a lot of people would have something to say. This will only spread hatred not peace.

Siege40

Of course they can, they're Americans... Tongue
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1417 on: March 13, 2004, 07:14:49 PM »

Siege40

Well, if they insist on being 'warriors', then the only option is to fight them.  I think we can win easily.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1418 on: March 13, 2004, 07:22:15 PM »

Siege40

Well, if they insist on being 'warriors', then the only option is to fight them.  I think we can win easily.

It depends on your definiton of winning. I maintain that the nuke strategy I proposed in another thread is the best way to win.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #1419 on: March 13, 2004, 07:23:13 PM »

Siege40

While I love the implied talk of Genocide, what does this have to do with the 2004 election?

Siege40
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1420 on: March 13, 2004, 07:25:42 PM »

Siege40

While I love the implied talk of Genocide, what does this have to do with the 2004 election?

Siege40

Everything. A nuclear sweep by Bush could seal the election for him. He could declare the war on terrorism over.
Siege40

Political Matrix

« Reply #1421 on: March 13, 2004, 07:29:21 PM »

Genocide to win an election what a concept! What happens when you run out of groups of people?

Siege40
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1422 on: March 13, 2004, 07:32:29 PM »

Genocide to win an election what a concept! What happens when you run out of groups of people?

Siege40

Actually ruthlessness in war IS a very popular quality.  People really hate to think of their own soldiers getting killed because the president was too squeemish and held something back.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1423 on: March 13, 2004, 07:34:44 PM »

Siege40

Actually ruthlessness in war IS a very popular quality.  People really hate to think of their own soldiers getting killed because the president was too squeemish and held something back.

Exactly. And when you run out of foreigners tou can turn to domestic criminals and then move on to the disabled and ethnic minorities. Or poeple living on welfare and illegal immigrants. Nobody likes them and they don't contribute much to society. I guess you could blow off planets or something jsut for the fun of it once you rún ot of untermenschen.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1424 on: March 13, 2004, 07:39:37 PM »

Siege40

Exactly. And when you run out of foreigners tou can turn to domestic criminals and then move on to the disabled and ethnic minorities. Or poeple living on welfare and illegal immigrants. Nobody likes them and they don't contribute much to society. I guess you could blow off planets or something jsut for the fun of it once you rún ot of untermenschen.

I get it - fascism.  But think about it Gustaf - how was the behavior of the Allies any different in terms of strategy or tactics (I forget which is is) than the Fascists?  Just because we're Liberals doesn't mean we don't have to kill people who would kill us.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies