LGC 4.7 - High Speed Highways and Climate Change Control Act - VETO OVERRIDDEN - STATUTE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:42:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LGC 4.7 - High Speed Highways and Climate Change Control Act - VETO OVERRIDDEN - STATUTE
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: LGC 4.7 - High Speed Highways and Climate Change Control Act - VETO OVERRIDDEN - STATUTE  (Read 1551 times)
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 09, 2021, 06:31:41 PM »
« edited: November 24, 2021, 11:51:37 PM by Lincoln Speaker Dwarven Dragon »

High Speed Highways Act and Climate Change Control Act

An act to facilitate travel between population centers, while combatting climate change

1. For the purposes of this act, a High Speed Highway (HSH) shall be defined as any highway that has one or more lanes permitted to drive at speeds up to 75 miles per hour

2. The following highways shall have a speed limit of 75 miles per hour:

a. Interstate 95 from Foxborough, MA to Andalusia, PA

b. Interstate 80 from Elmwood Park, NJ to Gary, IN

c. Interstate 71 from Montgomery, OH to Strongsville, OH

d. Interstate 76 from King of Prussia, PA to Harmar Township, PA

e. Any other interstate, or section thereof, in a County with an average population density of less than 200 people.

3. Vehicle Mile Tax

a. The region of Lincoln shall levy a Vehicle Mile Tax of $0.05 per mile driven

b. Electric vehicles or gas vehicles with a carpool of 3 or more people shall be exempt from the Vehicle Mile Tax

c. The Vehicle Mile Tax shall raise: $46.3 Billion

4. It shall be illegal to talk or text on the phone while operating a vehicle on roads with speed limits above 55 mph

a. The punishment for the first violation of Section 9 shall be a $250 fine

b. The punishment for the second violation of Section 9 shall be a $1,500 fine and 30 days of community service

c. The punishment for the third violation of Section 9 shall be a $5,000 fine, a 6 month suspension of a license, and 120 days of community service.

d. Punishments for further violations shall be decided by the local judge.

5. EXPANSION OF ELECTRIC VEHICLE SUBSIDIES

Title 15 of L.C. 6.21 shall be amended as follows:

Section 7. Electric cars

(a) In general. —

An owner of an electric vehicle shall be eligible for an Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit.

(b) Tax credit. —

The Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit shall be $8,000 per new electric vehicle. However, any individual with an income less than $40,000 or a household with an income less than $60,000, shall receive a tax credit equivalent to the value of their electric vehicle, provided that the value of the electric vehicle does not exceed $60,000, in which case, the government of Lincoln will only subsidize $60,000 of the cost.

(c) Income cap. —

The Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit tax credit shall not apply to any individual with a gross income of more than $150,000

6. Cap and Trade

a. Starting in the year 2022, the region of Lincoln shall commit to lowering carbon emissions by 3% each year, through the year 2028
b. Starting in the year 2028, emissions shall be reduced by 5% each year
c. These provisions apply to large industrial plants and fuel distributors, starting in 2022
d. Business shall no longer be allowed to release greenhouse gas emissions without credits that correspond to the amount of emissions that they will release, violation of this provision shall result in a fine equal to 10% of the total value of the business.
e. Businesses shall receive free credits up to 90% of the allowed emissions limit, but they must buy additional credits at auctions held by the Department of Environmental Protection to have credits to account for the additional 10% of emissions
f. One auction shall be held during each quarter of the year, for a total of four auctions per years
g. Cap and trade shall raise: $10.23 Billion
h. Fines to companies for not complying with these measures shall be $100,000 first time and $500,000 the second time and $1,000,000 the third time.

7. Where not otherwise stated, This act will begin to be implemented two years after passage by the General Court.

Occupying: Slot 1 of 6
Sponsor: Speaker Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2021, 06:35:59 PM »

This is similar legislation to the bill vetoed by the Governor in June. Following the special election, I believe this bill will have the votes to override the governor's veto. It will then be able to vastly improve our infrastructure.

In contrast to the vetoed bill, this does contain a limited version of the cap and trade provisions proposed by former councillor S019. I believe this is a positive addition to the bill.

I am posting this now so we can have a lengthy debate and get the calculations done for the vehicle mile tax and the cap and trade. Votes will not be called until a winner in the special election is clear.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2021, 07:06:45 PM »

This is legislative insanity and it has 0 chance of passing
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2021, 08:25:53 PM »

Lincoln's deficit is OUT OF CONTROL thanks to the tax-and-spend politics of Witless Wulfric, debtor extraordinaire. This impractical instrument will bankrupt the region for the sake of massively increasing the energy expended manufacturing new cars and scrapping old ones —truly one of the stupidest ideas ever proposed. If the General Court will be ruled by this incredible incompetence, THE PEOPLE will cause them to be removed from office!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2021, 08:33:36 PM »

This is effectively a declaration of war against common sense. It will not pass.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2021, 09:22:31 PM »

Lincoln's deficit is OUT OF CONTROL thanks to the tax-and-spend politics of Witless Wulfric, debtor extraordinaire. This impractical instrument will bankrupt the region for the sake of massively increasing the energy expended manufacturing new cars and scrapping old ones —truly one of the stupidest ideas ever proposed. If the General Court will be ruled by this incredible incompetence, THE PEOPLE will cause them to be removed from office!

Has the Gentleman from North Dakota even bothered to read our most recent budget? We ran a 440 billion dollar surplus, plus have reserves from earlier years amounting to $832 Billion dollars. Lincoln is a fiscally responsible region, unlike the Federal Government which continues to run a deficit.

Further, this bill wasn't even originally my idea - this is S019's brainchild.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2021, 09:30:18 PM »

It is absolutely not "out of control." Also old cars are not being scrapped, anyways yes this was my proposal, but let me say that I would not support it in this form as this is merely a draft. I look forward to constructive debate on this, and would really appreciate it if those in opposition could make points based on the merits. In any case, deficit spending is not at all a bad thing and is necessary in many cases, though we have a massive surplus, making the point moot. Plus, there are provisions built into this to make this pay for itself, at least in part. Also "tax-and-spend" is literally a conservative strawman, it's the type of language that I'd expect from Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney, not from bog-standard social democrats.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2021, 09:36:48 PM »

Also I invite the Gentleman from North Dakota to read Section 5 of the legislation:

5. This project shall cost $28,468,000,000

Placing aside the fact that this bill will raise money in very specific ways, our surplus of $440 Billion easily covers all costs. This is not 'deficit spending'.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2021, 09:38:28 PM »

Also I invite the Gentleman from North Dakota to read Section 5 of the legislation:

Placing aside the fact that this bill will raise money in very specific ways, our surplus of $440 Billion easily covers all costs. This is not 'deficit spending'.

Also I'm pretty sure this cost number is off, I did the net cost math in the original thread, and it came out to around 4 billion?Huh
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2021, 09:50:50 PM »

Also I'm pretty sure this cost number is off, I did the net cost math in the original thread, and it came out to around 4 billion?Huh

Section 5 appears to refer to the gross cost of the project, it doesn't take into account revenues, just the basic cost of constructing the lanes.

Looks like we originally calculated $18 Billion here: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=436787.msg8022001#msg8022001

Then on a later amendment, I added another $10 Billion to accommodate for language changes that were being made: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=436787.msg8042382#msg8042382

Admittedly that component is an approximation and I'd love something more exact.

Separately, here you calculated the cap and trade section: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=436787.msg8074769#msg8074769

However given the language here is less aspirational (by design), that calculation isn't necessarily correct which is why it is not in this draft.

I don't see any reference to $4 Billion anywhere in the thread. Perhaps that was something you had somewhere that incorporated the vehicle mile tax, but in any case that was never incorporated into the version vetoed by the governor, which still had a TBD amount for the revenues from the vehicle mile tax.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2021, 09:52:10 PM »

Section 5 appears to refer to the gross cost of the project, it doesn't take into account revenues, just the basic cost of constructing the lanes.

Looks like we originally calculated $18 Billion here: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=436787.msg8022001#msg8022001

Then on a later amendment, I added another $10 Billion to accommodate for language changes that were being made: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=436787.msg8042382#msg8042382

Admittedly that component is an approximation and I'd love something more exact.

Separately, here you calculated the cap and trade section: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=436787.msg8074769#msg8074769

However given the language here is less aspirational (by design), that calculation isn't necessarily correct which is why it is not in this draft.

I don't see any reference to $4 Billion anywhere in the thread. Perhaps that was something you had somewhere that incorporated the vehicle mile tax, but in any case that was never incorporated into the version vetoed by the governor, which still had a TBD amount for the revenues from the vehicle mile tax.

Okay so final estimate for expansions and lane divisions should be $3691.38096 billion, this number was calculated through some painstaking work of finding out where exactly lane expansions would be needed, fortunately they're all in rural areas, and this should be roughly the maximum cost of this bill.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2021, 09:56:01 PM »

Okay so final estimate for expansions and lane divisions should be $3691.38096 billion, this number was calculated through some painstaking work of finding out where exactly lane expansions would be needed, fortunately they're all in rural areas, and this should be roughly the maximum cost of this bill.

Does 3.691 Billion include the tolling revenues and such, or is just the pure price tag of building the lanes with no revenues considered?
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2021, 09:57:43 PM »

Does 3.691 Billion include the tolling revenues and such, or is just the pure price tag of building the lanes with no revenues considered?

Price tag for just building
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2021, 10:05:11 PM »

Okay, 24 hours to object to this then:

5. This project shall cost $28,468,000,000 $3,691,380,960

With that in place this bill should easily pay for itself lol
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2021, 10:18:49 AM »

Amendment adopted
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2021, 08:09:18 PM »

Vehicle Mile Tax Calculation:

Per https://taxfoundation.org/road-funding-vehicle-miles-traveled-tax/#Conclusion, a vehicle mile tax of $0.05 in Pennsylvania would raise $5.4 Billion.

Approximate Lincoln Population (USA pop/3): 109.8 Million

Pennsylvania population: 12.8 Million

12.8 / 109.8 = 11.66

5.4 is 11.66% of 46.3

So the Vehicle Mile Tax raises $46.3 Billion

During the previous debate, we estimated that cap and trade under S019's language raises $15.5 Billion. Under this modified language, we shall multiply this by .4 to account for the lower fines = $6.2 Billion. Both versions have the same emissions goals until Fiscal 2024 so this is an accurate calculation for the currently relevant future.

Amendment to add these and clarify section 12:

g. Cap and trade shall raise: $6.2 Billion

12. Where not otherwise stated, This act will begin to be implemented two years after passage by the CouncilGeneral Court.

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2021, 09:55:12 PM »

Amendment adopted
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2021, 12:16:17 AM »

Based on prior conversations with the winner of the special election, I hereby amend as follows, 24 hours to object:

In Section 1 change 80 mph to 75 mph

Strike all under the heading Tolling, until the heading "vehicle mile tax" is reached (eliminates the tolling system)

Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2021, 09:56:55 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2021, 10:20:47 PM by Utah Neolib »

High Speed Highways Act and Climate Change Control Act

An act to facilitate travel between population centers, while combatting climate change

1. For the purposes of this act, a High Speed Highway (HSH) shall be defined as any highway that has one or more lanes permitted to drive at speeds up to 75 miles per hour

2. Express lanes shall be built on the following highways to convert them to High Speed Highways

a. Interstate 95 from Foxborough, MA to Andalusia, PA

b. Interstate 80 from Elmwood Park, NJ to Gary, IN

c. Interstate 71 from Montgomery, OH to Strongsville, OH

d. Interstate 76 from King of Prussia, PA to Harmar Township, PA

e. Any other interstate, or section thereof, in a County with an average population density of less than 200 people.

3. All of the above highways shall have at least one express lane at HSH standards

4. Local authorities may at any point choose to lower the speed limit, if it is required for safety reasons

5. This project shall cost $3,691,380,960

6. Funding shall be via existing unobligated government funds.

7.If at all possible, existing lanes shall be converted to HSH standards. However, if absolutely necessary, new lanes may be built such that existing buildings will not be demolished. Construction/Conversion shall be according to the following formula:

A. In Counties with an average population density of 400 people or more, three HSH lanes shall exist. At least two non-HSH lanes shall also exist.

B. In Counties with an average population density of 201-399 people, two HSH lanes shall exist. At least two non-HSH lane shall also exist.

C. In Counties with an average population density of 200 people or less, one HSH lane shall exist. At least two non-HSH lane shall also exist.

8. USER FEES

Tolling

A. Tolls shall be collected on HSH lanes built on the roads referenced in sections a. through d.

B. The method of tolling shall be by open road tolling. Electronic toll collection sensors, also known as gantries shall be installed at locations mentioned in section E on the aforementioned highways.

C. The method of payment for the tolls shall be via the E-ZPass transponder or toll by plate. Rates shall be the same regardless of payment method

D. Tolled HSH Lanes will be labeled and marketed as "E-ZPass High Speed Express (EHSE)"

E. Electric vehicles shall be exempt from all tolls on HSH lanes

F. Toll gantries shall be installed slightly before the following locations, and in both directions, unless otherwise specified, these shall also be the only locations where one may leave the EHSE lanes either to exit the highway entirely or crossover to the local lanes:

i. On Interstate 95
Southern Terminus of Tolling is in Pennsylvania
a. Exit 35 on I-95 in Pennsylvania (Andalusia/Philadelphia) (northbound gantry only, southern terminus of tolling)
b. Exit 40 on I-276/Pennsylvania Turnpike (Harrisburg/New Jersey)
Entering New Jersey
c. Exit 6 on I-95/NJ Turnpike in New Jersey (Delaware/New York City)
d. Exit 7A on I-95/NJ Turnpike (I-195, Trenton/Shore Points)
e. Exit 10 on I-95/NJ Turnpike (I-287/NJ-440, Perth Amboy/Outerbridge Crossing, Metuchen)
f. Exit 11 on I-95/NJ Turnpike (Garden State Parkway
g. Exit 13 on I-95/NJ Turnpike (I-278, Goethals Bridge)
h. Exit 14 on I-95/NJ Turnpike (I-78, Clinton, Holland Tunnel/New York)
i. Exit 16E on I-95/NJ Turnpike (NJ-495, Lincoln Tunnel/New York)
j. Exit 69 on I-80 (NJ Turnpike, Trenton)
Entering New York
k. Exit 1C-D on I-95 in New York (I-87/New York Thruway, Albany, Triborough Bridge/Queens)
l. Exit 6A on I-95 (I-678 South, Bronx-Whitestone Bridge/Queens)
m. Exit 6B on I-95 (I-295, Throgs Neck Bridge/Queens)
n. Exit 9 on I-95 (Hutchinson River Parkway North)
Entering Connecticut
o. Exit 48 on I-95 in Connecticut (I-91 North, Hartford)
p. Exit 76 on I-95 (I-395 North, Norwich)
Entering Rhode Island
q. Exit 11 on I-95 in Rhode Island (I-295 North, Woonsocket)
r. Exit 19 on I-95 (I-195, Cape Cod)
Entering Massachusetts
s. Exit 4 on I-95 in Massachusetts (I-295 South, Warwick/Woonsocket)
t. Exit 6A-B on I-95 (I-495, Worcester/Cape Cod)
u. Exit 8 on I-95 (Foxborough/Boston) (southbound gantry only, northern terminus of tolling)
Northern Terminus of Tolling is in Massachusetts

ii. on Interstate 80:

Eastern Terminus of Tolling is in New Jersey
a. Exit 62 on I-80 in New Jersey (Garden State Parkway, Newark/Paterson, westbound gantry only, eastern terminus of tolling)
b. Exit 53 on I-80 (US 46, Delaware Water Gap/New York City, NJ-23, Butler)
c. Exit 47 A-B on I-80 (I-280, Newark, US-46,  Delaware Water Gap/New York City)
d. Exit 43 on I-80 (I-287, Mahwah/Morristown)
Entering Pennsylvania
e. Exit 293 on I-80 in Pennsylvania (I-380, Scranton)
f. Exit 277 on I-80 (I-476/Pennsylvania Turnpike, Allentown/Wilkes Barre)
g. Exit 260A-B on I-80 (I-81, Scranton/Harrisburg)
h. Exit 212 A-B on I-80 (I-180, Willamsport)
i. Exit 161 on I-80 (I-99, Bellefonte/Altoona)
j. Exit 19A-B on I-80 (I-79, Erie/Pittsburgh)
k. Exit 4A-B on I-80 (I-376, Pittsburgh)
Entering Ohio
l. Exit 224 on I-80 in Ohio (I-680, Youngstown)
m Exit 276 on I-76/Ohio Turnpike (I-80, Cleveland/Youngstown, I-76, Akron/Pittsburgh)
n. Exit 187 on I-80/Ohio Turnpike (I-480, Cleveland)
o. Exit 173 on I-80/Ohio Turnpike (I-77, Cleveland/Akron)
p. Exit 161 on I-80/Ohio Turnpike (I-71, Cleveland/Columbus
q. Exit 151 on I-80/Ohio Turnpike (I-480, Cleveland)
r. Exit 142 on I-80/Ohio Turnpike (I-90, Cleveland)
s. Exit 71 on I-80/I-90/Ohio Turnpike (I-280, Toledo/Detroit)
t. Exit 64 on I-80/I-90/Ohio Turnpike (I-75, Dayton/Toledo)
Entering Indiana
u. Exit 144 on I-80/I-90/Indiana Toll Road (I-69, Lansing/Angola/Fort Wayne)
v. Exit 21 on I-90/Indiana Toll Road (I-80, Des Moines, I-94, Detroit/Des Moines)
w. Exit 12 on I-80/I-94 (I-65, Gary/Indianapolis, eastbound gantry only, western terminus of tolling)
Western terminus of tolling is in Indiana

iii. on Interstate 71

entirety of tolling is in Ohio

a. Exit 17 on I-71 (I-275, northbound gantry only, southern terminus of tolling)
b. Exit 101 on I-71 (I-270)
c. Exit 108 on I-71 (I-70, Dayton/Wheeling)
d. Exit 108B/109 on I-71 (I-670)
e. Exit 119 on I-71 (I-270)
f. Exit 209 on I-71 (I-76, Akron)
g. Exit 220 on I-271 (I-271, Erie)
h. Exit 233 on I-71 (I-80/Ohio Turnpike, Toledo/Youngstown, southbound gantry only, northern terminus of tolling)

iii. on Interstate 76

entirety of tolling is in Pennsylvania

a. Exit 326 on I-276 (I-76, Pennsylvania Turnpike, Eastern Terminus of tolling, westbound gantry only)
b. Exit 298 on I-76 (I-176)
c. Exit 247 on I-76 (I-283)
d. Exit 242 on I-76 (I-83)
e. Exit 161 on I-76 (I-70)
f. Exit 75 on I-76 (I-70)
g. Exit 57 on I-76 (I-376)
h. Exit 48 on I-76 (western terminus of tolling, eastbound gantry only)

F. Tolls shall be collected at a rate of $0.30 per mile for 2 axle vehicles, rates shall be higher for vehicles with more axles.

G. This tolling proposal will raise approximately $2,849,348,571.43

Vehicle Mile Tax
[/s]

a. The region of Lincoln shall levy a Vehicle Mile Tax of $0.05 per mile driven

b. Electric vehicles or gas vehicles with a carpool of 3 or more people shall be exempt from the Vehicle Mile Tax

9. It shall be illegal to talk or text on the phone while operating a vehicle on roads with speed limits above 55 mph

a. The punishment for the first violation of Section 9 shall be a $250 fine

b. The punishment for the second violation of Section 9 shall be a $1,500 fine and 30 days of community service

c. The punishment for the third violation of Section 9 shall be a $5,000 fine, a 6 month suspension of a license, and 120 days of community service.

d. Punishments for further violations shall be decided by the local judge.

10. EXPANSION OF ELECTRIC VEHICLE SUBSIDIES

Title 15 of L.C. 6.21 shall be amended as follows:

[/s]
[/s]
Section 7. Electric cars

(a) In general. —

An owner of an electric vehicle shall be eligible for an Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit.

(b) Tax credit. —

The Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit shall be $8,000 per new electric vehicle. However, any individual with an income less than $40,000 or a household with an income less than $60,000, shall receive a tax credit equivalent to the value of their electric vehicle, provided that the value of the electric vehicle does not exceed $60,000, in which case, the government of Lincoln will only subsidize $60,000 of the cost.

(c) Income cap. —

The Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit tax credit shall not apply to any individual with a gross income of more than $150,000

11. Cap and Trade

a. Starting in the year 2022, the region of Lincoln shall commit to lowering carbon emissions by 3% each year, through the year 2028
b. Starting in the year 2028, emissions shall be reduced by 5% each year
c. These provisions apply to large industrial plants and fuel distributors, starting in 2022
d. Business shall no longer be allowed to release greenhouse gas emissions without credits that correspond to the amount of emissions that they will release, violation of this provision shall result in a fine equal to 2% of the total value of the business.
e. Businesses shall receive free credits up to 90% of the allowed emissions limit, but they must buy additional credits at auctions held by the Department of Environmental Protection to have credits to account for the additional 10% of emissions
f. One auction shall be held during each quarter of the year, for a total of four auctions per years
g. Cap and trade shall raise: $6.2 Billion

12. Where not otherwise stated, This act will begin to be implemented two years after passage by the General Court.[/s][/s]

Occupying: Slot 1 of 6
Sponsor: Speaker Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2021, 10:12:28 PM »

I'm prepared to accept the amendment

24 hours for any objections
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2021, 10:36:10 PM »

75 miles per hour is just a normal highway. Honestly just get rid of that part entirely and keep the other sections. Building more fast highways is going to counteract the climate benefit anyway.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2021, 10:47:17 PM »

75 miles per hour is just a normal highway. Honestly just get rid of that part entirely and keep the other sections. Building more fast highways is going to counteract the climate benefit anyway.

Depends on the area honestly. Highest speed limit where I live is 70.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2021, 11:18:00 PM »

Depends on the area honestly. Highest speed limit where I live is 70.
There's nothing special about it though. New infrastructure isn't needed to have a speed limit of 75.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2021, 11:24:31 PM »

I suppose we could just mandate the specified highways have that speed limit and get rid of the lane conversion and construction.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2021, 09:04:31 AM »

I suppose we could just mandate the specified highways have that speed limit and get rid of the lane conversion and construction.
I’d agree
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies