Did here freak out over Kanye West more than anywhere else on the Internet?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 06:05:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Did here freak out over Kanye West more than anywhere else on the Internet?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Did here freak out over Kanye West more than anywhere else on the Internet?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: Did here freak out over Kanye West more than anywhere else on the Internet?  (Read 854 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 09, 2021, 01:09:43 AM »

Yes, and that's saying something.

Even on that absurd cesspool of hot takes: Twitter, everyone's reaction to him announcing his campaign was just "oh so he's got a big ego after all, let's now watch everyone ignore him", this is literally the only place where people were panicking and dooming about how Trump had already won the election.

(The weirdest thing about that is at that point it was already impossible for Kanye to make the ballot in most swing states anyway, so even if he did "run a serious campaign" or whatever it would've made no difference electorally.)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2021, 10:21:51 AM »

While I always thought it was ridiculous, in fairness there were a lot of protest votes thrown away on "candidates" like f--king Harambe in 2016, so I can sort of get why some people would bedwet over this. But ultimately it was clear Kanye had zero appeal to black voters or the kinds of leftists who might protest vote because they were upset Bernie didn't win (most of whom were more satisfied with Biden than Hillary anyway). It was actually kinda racist to assume Kanye would automatically win a lot of the black vote as some did here; I recall some polls showed he was actually LEAST popular among black voters.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 01:08:46 PM »

Rachel Bitecofer?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2021, 06:26:05 PM »

I don't know of anyone here named "here", so no.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2021, 11:46:12 PM »

While I always thought it was ridiculous, in fairness there were a lot of protest votes thrown away on "candidates" like f--king Harambe in 2016, so I can sort of get why some people would bedwet over this. But ultimately it was clear Kanye had zero appeal to black voters or the kinds of leftists who might protest vote because they were upset Bernie didn't win (most of whom were more satisfied with Biden than Hillary anyway). It was actually kinda racist to assume Kanye would automatically win a lot of the black vote as some did here; I recall some polls showed he was actually LEAST popular among black voters.
As I've noted before, the notion that Kanye would siphon off tons of black votes is actually pretty racist, it kind of implies that black voters are total sheep who'll just vote for any random weirdo who has the same skin color as them and don't take anything else into account at all. Not just racist but also pretty disproven, there's tons of primary results where the black vote did not vote en masse for a black candidate for example, like see how Steven Cohen has never had any trouble winning a primary since he was initially elected.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2021, 11:47:28 PM »

She panicked over Congress passing a Covid relief bill in December because she believed that would allow Trump to rally support and be able to stage a coup. Even if she qualifies as an answer to this (I didn't pay any attention to her so I don't know if she did), she's not a legitimate source or ever worth paying attention to.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies