Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 08:46:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread
« previous next »
Thread note
ATTENTION: Please note that copyright rules still apply to posts in this thread. You cannot post entire articles verbatim. Please select only a couple paragraphs or snippets that highlights the point of what you are posting.

Pages: 1 ... 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 [1068] 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 ... 1173
Author Topic: Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread  (Read 946935 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26675 on: November 06, 2023, 10:54:33 AM »

We are now all-in on a Ukrainian victory.

We're not all-in on Ukrainian victory. All-in on Ukrainian victory is we deploy our troops on the ground. If supporters don't want to do that, okay, but you're not all-in on Ukrainian victory. Otherwise as the WaPo op-ed above makes clear, there's been no Ukrainian progress on taking back their territory the last 18 months outside of the retaking of Kherson.

we can do way more than we are doing now without putting boots on the ground and history will not look kindly on us for not doing it.
Hollywood
« Reply #26676 on: November 06, 2023, 02:10:57 PM »

We are now all-in on a Ukrainian victory.

We're not all-in on Ukrainian victory. All-in on Ukrainian victory is we deploy our troops on the ground. If supporters don't want to do that, okay, but you're not all-in on Ukrainian victory. Otherwise as the WaPo op-ed above makes clear, there's been no Ukrainian progress on taking back their territory the last 18 months outside of the retaking of Kherson.

Like I said, I'm all-in on a Ukraine victory. 
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26677 on: November 06, 2023, 02:34:11 PM »

More video of the cruiser getting hit by cruise missiles, and the aftermath

jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #26678 on: November 06, 2023, 05:04:06 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/11/06/gift-grenade-ukraine-hennadii-chastiakov-valery-zaluzhny/

"Grenade in Birthday Gift Kills Aide to Ukraine’s Top Commander"

A top aide to the commander of Ukraine's armed forces was killed Monday when a birthday gift exploded, the military leader announced.

Not clear if this was Russia or some enemies this person had within Ukraine.
bilaps
« Reply #26679 on: November 06, 2023, 05:18:37 PM »

Should be Ukrainian doing. They mastered their terrorist methods killing Dugina etc, now they switched to internal struggle.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #26680 on: November 06, 2023, 05:53:38 PM »

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26681 on: November 06, 2023, 05:58:00 PM »

Should be Ukrainian doing. They mastered their terrorist methods killing Dugina etc, now they switched to internal struggle.
Just to be clear shooting unarmed civilians in the back of the head, using rape as a torture method, castrating captured soldiers, and firing missiles at civilian targets you are not only fine with but have complained in others threads that Russia gets criticized for but Ukraine trying to take one a leading advocate for their genocide and taking out the equally vile daughter is what gets your harshest condemnation.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26682 on: November 06, 2023, 05:59:01 PM »

The US isn’t abandoning Ukraine no matter how much you want it to be true genocide supporter
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26683 on: November 06, 2023, 06:54:25 PM »

https://thehill.com/policy/international/4296123-ukraine-russia-war-volodymyr-zelensky-not-the-right-time-elections/

"Zelensky says it’s ‘not the right time for elections’ in Ukraine"
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26684 on: November 06, 2023, 08:04:13 PM »

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26685 on: November 06, 2023, 10:56:41 PM »

Unlike the aftermath of the fall of Raqqa or Kabul, I do expect there to be a nasty insurgency in Ukraine should Russia take over its entire territory from public support and more intense foreign backing. There's nothing stopping any Ukrainian from instigating a massive uprising which will bring some territory back to it.

I am certain that a Russian victory at its best means a rump Ukrainian state based to the west of Kiev, not a total end to Ukraine.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26686 on: November 07, 2023, 04:43:33 AM »

New Slovakia PM Fico says no more military aid to Ukraine but indicated that if Ukraine were to buy weapons from private Slovakia defense companies he would not get in the way.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26687 on: November 07, 2023, 05:25:53 AM »

https://news.yahoo.com/west-cannot-win-war-then-093512806.html

"If the West cannot win this war, then what war can it win? – Ukraine's Foreign Minister"

Ukraine foreign minister implies that the current conflict is a proxy war being waged by the collective West against Russia
bilaps
« Reply #26688 on: November 07, 2023, 05:38:42 AM »

Just to be clear shooting unarmed civilians in the back of the head, using rape as a torture method, castrating captured soldiers, and firing missiles at civilian targets you are not only fine with but have complained in others threads that Russia gets criticized for but Ukraine trying to take one a leading advocate for their genocide and taking out the equally vile daughter is what gets your harshest condemnation.

Civilian is a civilian no matter what. And killing civilians in that fashion is textbook terrorist. Allow that and soon you'll get envelopes and presents for domestic use and killing of your own citizens. You're just too blind from cheerleading to notice that.

I mean look at that language "equally vile daughter". That's the language people use when they want to dehumanize others so killing them makes it good. Pure terrorist attack that has nothing to do with the war, just for pure joy of killing someone you don't like. I see that it changed the situation on the frontline or what was said at the time "killing russian propagandists will change public opinion in Russia". Lol.
EastAnglianLefty

« Reply #26689 on: November 07, 2023, 06:19:24 AM »

Unlike the aftermath of the fall of Raqqa or Kabul, I do expect there to be a nasty insurgency in Ukraine should Russia take over its entire territory from public support and more intense foreign backing. There's nothing stopping any Ukrainian from instigating a massive uprising which will bring some territory back to it.

I am certain that a Russian victory at its best means a rump Ukrainian state based to the west of Kiev, not a total end to Ukraine.

Russia isn't going to take over Ukraine's entire territory. The Ukrainian offensive this year has not gone as well as was hoped, but Russians attempts to counter-attack have made no significant progress and have never at any point looked likely to break through Ukrainian lines.

Stalemate is a plausible outcome; large-scale Russian advances as things stand are not.
CumbrianLefty
CumbrianLeftie
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #26690 on: November 07, 2023, 06:57:29 AM »

Yes, but some people put great faith in the "sheer weight of numbers" argument - ie the fact there are many more Russians than Ukrainians means the former will inevitably triumph in the end.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26691 on: November 07, 2023, 07:59:40 AM »

Civilian is a civilian no matter what. And killing civilians in that fashion is textbook terrorist. Allow that and soon you'll get envelopes and presents for domestic use and killing of your own citizens. You're just too blind from cheerleading to notice that.

I mean look at that language "equally vile daughter". That's the language people use when they want to dehumanize others so killing them makes it good. Pure terrorist attack that has nothing to do with the war, just for pure joy of killing someone you don't like. I see that it changed the situation on the frontline or what was said at the time "killing russian propagandists will change public opinion in Russia". Lol.
And again you’ve never once showed any concern or disgust for what Russia does to Ukrainian citizens and even complained in the Israel thread about Russia getting criticized when it “fires a missile at some hellhole village in Ukraine”. So take your bad faith “civilians are civilians” argument and shove it
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26692 on: November 07, 2023, 09:23:08 AM »

https://www.businessinsider.in/politics/world/news/zelenskyy-says-the-israel-hamas-war-is-distracting-from-russias-invasion-of-ukraine-it-is-which-benefits-putin-/amp_articleshow/105024467.cms

"Zelenskyy says the Israel-Hamas war is distracting from Russia's invasion of Ukraine. It is, which benefits Putin."

Zelensky complains Middle East conflict is taking attention from the Russian-Ukraine war.
bilaps
« Reply #26693 on: November 07, 2023, 09:24:41 AM »

And again you’ve never once showed any concern or disgust for what Russia does to Ukrainian citizens and even complained in the Israel thread about Russia getting criticized when it “fires a missile at some hellhole village in Ukraine”. So take your bad faith “civilians are civilians” argument and shove it

You really have some anger management issues. I could offer you a variety of solutions, but I don't really care that much.

You are in no position that I should explain myself to you. And I know for a fact that I don't need to "both side" an issue. So, when Ukraine uses terror methods on their own citizens, I really don't have to write "yeah, but Russians".
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26694 on: November 07, 2023, 09:45:14 AM »

It’s not “both side” to point out you are silent if not approving of Russia killing thousands of Ukrainian civilians while saving your harshest criticism for Ukraine blowing up a leading advocate to the Russian government for the eradication of the Ukrainian identity. It shows you’re a bad faith troll (and an awful human being but goes without saying). Also fwi telling you to shove your arguments ain’t anger issues, Dule showed what an actual angry response to one of you cretins is like lol
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26695 on: November 07, 2023, 09:56:06 AM »

https://www.politico.eu/article/top-zelenskyy-aide-slams-west-over-war-fatigue

"Zelenskyy’s top aide slams West over ‘war fatigue’"

bilaps
« Reply #26696 on: November 07, 2023, 10:31:08 AM »

Dule showed what an actual angry response to one of you cretins is like lol

Internet tough guys be like:

For the rest of your post, ffs, cry me a river.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26697 on: November 07, 2023, 10:35:20 AM »

“Cry me a river” he says about Russia killing thousands of Ukrainian civilians well so much for “civilians are civilians”
bilaps
« Reply #26698 on: November 07, 2023, 10:37:27 AM »

Nope, I say cry me a river only for your way of stalking people online wanting to align with your views.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26699 on: November 07, 2023, 10:44:38 AM »

Replying in an active thread is not stalking dude 😂. Also I fail to see how “Russia killing tens of thousands of Ukrainian civilians is bad” is such a radical position when you supposedly care about civilian casualties so much
Pages: 1 ... 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 [1068] 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 ... 1173  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies