Republicans are furious Seame Street's Big Bird (and now Elmo) got vaccinated. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:11:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republicans are furious Seame Street's Big Bird (and now Elmo) got vaccinated. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republicans are furious Seame Street's Big Bird (and now Elmo) got vaccinated.  (Read 3893 times)
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: June 29, 2022, 07:00:14 PM »

Ted Cruz still picking fights with muppets.

Still, I guess credit where credit is due - he's not punching down.

Ted Cruz being arguably the most famous Canadian muppet is embarassing for Canada.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 10:02:05 AM »

The weird part isn't that you want to give your kid the vaccine (just like it's not weird to give your kid children's Tylenol or whatever). The weird part is that there's a national propaganda campaign for it.

It's weird that you think the government shouldn't take advise on public health policies from health experts seriously.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 10:11:07 AM »

Republicans projecting about Democrats with a "sky is orange" mentality is hilarious.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 12:58:47 PM »

The GOP is stupid example #1,000,000 but why is PBS still on COVID? COVID is over.

The pandemic phase is over. COVID is not over. There are all kinds of non-pandemic health initiatives a government should engage in. America isn't a libertarian dystopia yet.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2022, 03:02:21 AM »

Quote from: Clarence  link=topic=469711.msg8665053#msg8665053 date=1656626681 uid=32396
The GOP is stupid example #1,000,000 but why is PBS still on COVID? COVID is over.

The pandemic phase is over. COVID is not over. There are all kinds of non-pandemic health initiatives a government should engage in. America isn't a libertarian dystopia yet.

Ooh, "health initiatives!" Tell me, when do we get to flush two years of our lives down the toilet again so we can not suppress a pathogen and not come up with any good treatments for those who get infected with said pathogen? Because I just can't wait to do this all again!

Ah yes, because he's TOTALLY advocating for lockdowns again, and *GASP* MASKS?!

I don't care what he's advocating for or what "health initiatives" he wants to pimp; that's my entire point. Any such initiatives would be run by a "public health" apparatus that many if not most Americans have unqualified distrust for, given its track record the past couple years. Distrust, I may add, that they came by honestly, for the most part.

To get back on topic, turning Sesame Street into a commercial for a symptom reducer for the sniffles (and insisting on pretending it's not such a commercial, but rather, some grand and deeply necessary humanitarian initiative) only hardens this distrust.

Listen dude. Public health initiatives are a necessary part of any modern society. You still need SOME public health department to do SOMETHING. Even undeveloped countries with dozens of massive problems have health departments that at least attempt to do something. Just because a bunch of people distrust them doesn't mean they stop doing their jobs. If you wanna criticize their work, go ahead. They'll just keep doing their jobs like they should.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies