I am a democrat BUT... The democratic party needs to change. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:20:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  I am a democrat BUT... The democratic party needs to change. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I am a democrat BUT... The democratic party needs to change.  (Read 4132 times)
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 19, 2021, 01:37:12 PM »

I assume the rurals are angry that they are dying off and Covid and just the actual population pyramid of the baby boomers means it's accelerating. 

I mean look at WV.  In the 2019 ACS estimate it has 256,000 people in the 55-64 age bracket and 214,000 in the 10-19 age bracket and 190,000 in the 0-9.  I mean they complain about people leaving all the time, but they don't seem to acknowledge that they're leaving via the ground.  How are you going to change that?   Have a bunch of immigrants come in?  Have a smaller group of people have way more babies? 

In real terms, WV had a little over 5,000 more deaths than births in 2018 and 2019.  In 2020 that reached 8500 and this year they look likely to hit 10000.  Now WV is a small state, only a little over 0.5% of the population so if the whole country was like WV, then we'd have 1.9 million more deaths than births.  Only that dude that wants us down to 250 million in 2050 would like that. 

The obese former billionaire that's Governor said he's gonna make WV grow again, but with a bunch of unvaxxed morons and drug deaths hitting record highs how does that work?  I guess as long as fed money flows the healthcare sector will boom until they run out of people.  They actually did launch a program this year to pay people to move to WV (funded by a former tech exec from WV) 50 families for Monongalia (the University), 50 families for Jefferson (DC suburb) and 50 families for Greenbriar (where the Governor owns a country club)--so basically they're trying to buy a few educated people to move to the most educated parts of the state.  So far, they've just done the Monongalia one.  Genius.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies