Ken Welch elected first black mayor of St. Petersburg, FL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 12:56:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Ken Welch elected first black mayor of St. Petersburg, FL
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ken Welch elected first black mayor of St. Petersburg, FL  (Read 194 times)
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 03, 2021, 01:05:10 AM »

https://www.tampabay.com/news/st-petersburg/2021/11/02/ken-welch-takes-early-lead-in-mayoral-race/

Welch had already declared victory earlier in the night, just 16 minutes after polls closed and before all precincts were counted. He comfortably won 60 percent of the vote against opponent and City Council member Robert Blackmon. Welch’s watch party at the outdoor space of the museum quickly became a victory party.

“This election has made history in St. Petersburg,” Welch said. “And it is my distinct honor to be the first African American mayor of my hometown.”

He continued: “Let me be clear in stating that making history in and of itself has never been the priority of this campaign, nor will it be the focus of my administration. ... For me, making history without making a positive impact is an empty achievement. Our election victory must be followed by a purposeful agenda of accountability and intentional equity for our entire community.”

Welch, 57, will succeed term-limited Mayor Rick Kriseman. Welch’s four-year term will start when he is inaugurated on Jan. 6, 2022.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 01:36:30 AM »

Does he have any links to the APSP?
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 09:38:26 AM »

Does he have any links to the APSP?
No