My Election Day Vote Thresholds for McAuliffe and Youngkin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:31:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  My Election Day Vote Thresholds for McAuliffe and Youngkin
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My Election Day Vote Thresholds for McAuliffe and Youngkin  (Read 250 times)
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 01, 2021, 06:18:19 PM »

All of this is under the assumption that early voting is going about 60-40 for McAuliffe which sounds reasonable enough.

If McAuliffe is getting 60% of the early vote, I'd say he needs to hold Youngkin to around 60-40 in the election day vote to win. If the election day vote is closer to 70-30 Youngkin, I think Youngkin wins.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 06:24:08 PM »

All of this is under the assumption that early voting is going about 60-40 for McAuliffe which sounds reasonable enough.

If McAuliffe is getting 60% of the early vote, I'd say he needs to hold Youngkin to around 60-40 in the election day vote to win. If the election day vote is closer to 70-30 Youngkin, I think Youngkin wins.

70-30 is a tall lift.  There are still A LOT of votes out in NOVA and even though the GOP will do better on Election Day than early with them they won't win them.  Even if T-Mac only gets 55% of the NOVA Election Day vote that makes it fairly difficult for Youngkin to average it up to 70% statewide.

IIRC correctly, Biden won the Fairfax County Election Day vote even though Dems voted overwhelmingly before the election.  It should be more Dem in 2021 on Election Day because turnout wasn't as robust early.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 06:25:57 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2021, 06:30:56 PM by Chips »

70-30 is a tall lift.  There are still A LOT of votes out in NOVA and even though the GOP will do better on Election Day than early with them they won't win them.  Even if T-Mac only gets 55% of the NOVA Election Day vote that makes it fairly difficult for Youngkin to average it up to 70% statewide.

IIRC correctly, Biden won the Fairfax County Election Day vote even though Dems voted overwhelmingly before the election.  It should be more Dem in 2021 on Election Day because turnout wasn't as robust early.

I'd say the race will essentially be a dead heat if it's something like 65-35 Youngkin which is probably a tad more reasonable but this is all my opinion.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2021, 06:28:07 PM »

70-30 is a tall lift.  There are still A LOT of votes out in NOVA and even though the GOP will do better on Election Day than early with them they won't win them.  Even if T-Mac only gets 55% of the NOVA Election Day vote that makes it fairly difficult for Youngkin to average it up to 70% statewide.

IIRC correctly, Biden won the Fairfax County Election Day vote even though Dems voted overwhelmingly before the election.  It should be more Dem in 2021 on Election Day because turnout wasn't as robust early.

I'd say the race will essentially be a dead heat if it's something like 65-35 Youngkin which is probably a tad more reasonable but this is all my opinion.

It would be a dead heat at those numbers but I still think that's a heavy lift.  NOVA turnout + black voters downstate who prefer to turn out on Election Day makes it difficult for the vote to be that skewed.  Hopefully we get into on turnout as the day progresses in the BIG 3 NOVA counties.  Some of them tend to post data on twitter.  But Fairfax has been slacking lately. 
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2021, 06:30:16 PM »

70-30 is a tall lift.  There are still A LOT of votes out in NOVA and even though the GOP will do better on Election Day than early with them they won't win them.  Even if T-Mac only gets 55% of the NOVA Election Day vote that makes it fairly difficult for Youngkin to average it up to 70% statewide.

IIRC correctly, Biden won the Fairfax County Election Day vote even though Dems voted overwhelmingly before the election.  It should be more Dem in 2021 on Election Day because turnout wasn't as robust early.

It would be a dead heat at those numbers but I still think that's a heavy lift.  NOVA turnout + black voters downstate who prefer to turn out on Election Day makes it difficult for the vote to be that skewed.  Hopefully we get into on turnout as the day progresses in the BIG 3 NOVA counties.  Some of them tend to post data on twitter.  But Fairfax has been slacking lately.  

True. I actually now have the race as a dead-heat myself so I'm speaking as someone who's conflicted on who I think will win.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2021, 06:52:41 PM »

If there's still a ton of Dems that have to vote tomorrow, Youngkin 65-35 or something would seem like a really tall order.

However, if Dems have a total turnout collapse tomorrow then yeah
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2021, 07:11:04 PM »

If there's still a ton of Dems that have to vote tomorrow, Youngkin 65-35 or something would seem like a really tall order.

However, if Dems have a total turnout collapse tomorrow then yeah

There is still going to be big turnout in Fairfax.  I actually don't know anyone who has voted yet (including myself) and we all voted early last time.  The satellite sites weren't open as long this year and few people wanted to go to that gov. center that's 45 minutes away.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies