LGC 4.5 Ban McDonald's Act - Failed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:42:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LGC 4.5 Ban McDonald's Act - Failed
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: LGC 4.5 Ban McDonald's Act - Failed  (Read 2760 times)
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2021, 11:32:49 PM »
« edited: November 04, 2021, 06:26:01 PM by Lincoln Speaker Dwarven Dragon »

The pointless spam of the Gentleman from North Dakota and the Gentleman from Oregon will not sway me on this. Contrary to what one would believe from reading their spam, we have come to a reasoned compromise that will allow McDonalds to stay open as long as the worst abuses are stopped. This bill is worthy of passage and is a real first step to solving the obesity crisis.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2021, 11:36:51 PM »

Why does Wulfric persist with his scurrilous attacks on Irish Atlasians, calling them fat and slobs, and taking out his weird authoritarian fetish on our poor potato farmers? He is a bigot AND a traitor: Know Nothingism has no place in Atlasia!
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2021, 11:40:20 PM »

I am also shocked and appalled that you would be describe legitimate concerns of fellow citizens as “spam”. The First Minister and myself are rightfully concerned by your assault on the Republic. In Fremont, Irish Atlasians are RESPECTED for the hard working patriots that they are.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2021, 11:42:48 PM »

Why of all the fast food restaurants (not to mention grocery stores selling equally-unhealthy frozen meals) does Wulfric only want to ban the one called "McDonald's." Is it perhaps due to his vicious personal hatred for Irishmen?
I'm not going to dignify the remarks of the Gentleman from North Dakota with a response

I hope this isn't what you intend to use as a legal defense if a law like this ever were to pass, because the fact alone that this bill singles out McDonald's by name renders it facially unconstitutional.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2021, 11:44:06 PM »

With respect, the General Court of Lincoln, elected by the people of Lincoln, was not established for the purpose of representing the views of those in Fremont.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2021, 11:46:00 PM »

Why of all the fast food restaurants (not to mention grocery stores selling equally-unhealthy frozen meals) does Wulfric only want to ban the one called "McDonald's." Is it perhaps due to his vicious personal hatred for Irishmen?
I'm not going to dignify the remarks of the Gentleman from North Dakota with a response

I hope this isn't what you intend to use as a legal defense if a law like this ever were to pass, because the fact alone that this bill singles out McDonald's by name renders it facially unconstitutional.

Comments in this thread should not be interpreted as legal defenses. Obviously I would be forced to have a lengthier response should this legislation pass and be challenged in Court.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2021, 11:47:16 PM »

I will note, the title of this act is the "Ban McDonalds Act" not the "Ban McDonald's Act." The intent could not be more clear.

I thank Brother Jonathan for his GREAT AMENDMENT celebrating Irish cuisine and recognizing the importance of Irish culture to Atlasia. He is a true hero, unlike Witless Wulfric!
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2021, 11:47:27 PM »

The PEOPLE of Lincoln support Governor Kaiser, who opposes this tomfoolery, not the vile and iniquitous “bills” coming out of this kangaroo General Court.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2021, 11:48:46 PM »

With respect, the General Court of Lincoln, elected by the people of Lincoln, was not established for the purpose of representing the views of those in Fremont.

I was born in the Hoosier State, a son of the Old Northwest! YOU are some useless carpetbagger who came here only after the other regions both kicked you out. Disgraceful!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2021, 11:48:49 PM »

Wulfric's Hibernophobia has been seen and observed by the people! He is ON NOTICE. If he persists in his flagrantly bigoted and anti constitutional attitudes, I will have to stop him with enthusiastic measures! He will not be allowed to ban the McDonalds of Lincoln! As a proud Irish-Canadian-Lincolnite myself, I will not stand for this race hatred!
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2021, 11:51:18 PM »

That the Speaker of Lincoln’s legislature would advance and express  such horrific bigotry is tragic. This region has fallen far, but Lincoln must, can, and will reclaim their destiny from the claws of Wulfricism. Hope is NOT yet lost.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2021, 11:53:23 PM »

The Irish of Lincoln will stand up against Wulfric's blatant hatred against them. Already we are gathering in our might and flying our tricolor and the harp flag, we are PROUD Lincolnites, and this aggression will not stand! We belong here, and the McDonalds of Lincoln will not be banned EVER.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2021, 11:54:29 PM »

The inclusion or lack thereof of an ' in the bill text or any later post is not representative of anything. I invite the gentleman from North Dakota to read the entire legislation. The bill has no discriminatory provisions relating to the Irish, especially with BJ's amendment having been adopted. I will note that given a final vote motion is pending, I was under no obligation to recognize him for that purpose, and yet I did, and accepted the amendment. I have no desire to discriminate against the Irish or any other group.

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2021, 11:54:34 PM »

This is such a bizarre thread

(But seriously can we please stop cluttering it)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2021, 11:55:31 PM »

Nobody believes you. You have lost the trust of the PEOPLE. Luckily the great deputy Brother Jonathan has worked to turn your bill until far less of a pool of raw sewage.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2021, 11:56:44 PM »

The inclusion or lack thereof of an ' in the bill text or any later post is not representative of anything. I invite the gentleman from North Dakota to read the entire legislation. The bill has no discriminatory provisions relating to the Irish, especially with BJ's amendment having been adopted. I will note that given a final vote motion is pending, I was under no obligation to recognize him for that purpose, and yet I did, and accepted the amendment. I have no desire to discriminate against the Irish or any other group.

Why should be trust a word you say? You have been CAUGHT and EXPOSED. Several of my Irish-Atlasian constituents in Fremont are demanding JUSTICE and ACCOUNTABILITY for what you have done.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2021, 11:58:23 PM »

Why should be trust a word you say? You have been CAUGHT and EXPOSED. Several of my Irish-Atlasian constituents in Fremont are demanding JUSTICE and ACCOUNTABILITY for what you have done.

Since when is the Lincoln General Court designed to represent the views of anyone in Fremont?
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2021, 11:59:40 PM »

Since when is the Lincoln General Court designed to represent the views of anyone in Fremont?

Clearly, you have no regard for the message this sends to the rest of the country. Should we take this as meaning you have contempt for the union and harbor secessionist loyalties? Shameful indeed, Mr. Speaker.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2021, 11:59:51 PM »

I passed a crowd at a Boston McDonalds earlier, this is what they were singing!

Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2021, 12:01:19 AM »

If there is no objection by a deputy, the title and clauses are amended to add the ' .
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2021, 12:08:06 AM »

Wulfric may be the most ignorant person ever admitted to practice before a court of law. It will not be hard to get this bill thrown out with him defending it, when the Supreme Court has found him mentally incompetent to serve on a jury!
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2021, 12:10:37 AM »

Wulfric may be the most ignorant person ever admitted to practice before a court of law. It will not be hard to get this bill thrown out with him defending it, when the Supreme Court has found him mentally incompetent to serve on a jury!

Frankly, the Speaker should resign in disgrace.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2021, 08:50:25 AM »

Wulfric should resign before he loses any dignity he still has left
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician