Describe an NRA member that voted for Biden (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:57:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Describe an NRA member that voted for Biden (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe an NRA member that voted for Biden  (Read 2310 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 01, 2021, 01:15:11 AM »

This. A lot of Vermonters (including, formerly, Pete Welch) support guns, but for shooting animals, not people. Also there are enough Democrats who are for gun rights, just as there are enough Republicans who are for gun control. Congress doesn't represent this that much since moderates are underrepresented and distributed throughout the districts.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 01:35:03 PM »

This. A lot of Vermonters (including, formerly, Pete Welch) support guns, but for shooting animals, not people. Also there are enough Democrats who are for gun rights, just as there are enough Republicans who are for gun control. Congress doesn't represent this that much since moderates are underrepresented and distributed throughout the districts.

This is why Bernie had a relatively pro-gun record that I wish he’d been more unapologetic about when running for president. I don’t agree with it but I do think it would have been a good way of showing their was actually an issue he was more moderate and pragmatic then other Democrats on and it could have poked a hole in their electability argument.

No, it would have hurt him. Most of the gun-obssessed crackpots who might care about his pro-gunness would back Trump over him anyway. Guns is one of the issues the GOP is most wrong on, along with COVID19, the environment and the election results / January 6.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2021, 02:04:26 PM »

This is why Bernie had a relatively pro-gun record that I wish he’d been more unapologetic about when running for president. I don’t agree with it but I do think it would have been a good way of showing their was actually an issue he was more moderate and pragmatic then other Democrats on and it could have poked a hole in their electability argument.

No, it would have hurt him. Most of the gun-obssessed crackpots who might care about his pro-gunness would back Trump over him anyway. Guns is one of the issues the GOP is most wrong on, along with COVID19, the environment and the election results / January 6.

"Guns is one of the issues the GOP is most wrong on"

LOL wrong. One of the handful of issues they're good on.

I mean, you are from AL, so I guess I couldn't expect much from you, even if you are a Democrat. Common sense gun control shouldn't be an issue and the fact that the GOP has made it one / opposes it just disgusts me.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2021, 02:13:22 PM »

I mean, you are from AL, so I guess I couldn't expect much from you, even if you are a Democrat. Common sense gun control shouldn't be an issue and the fact that the GOP has made it one / opposes it just disgusts me.

Most of these proposals are not common sense, particularly when it comes to "assault weapon" bans.

Why are you a Democrat if you disagree with them so strongly on one of the issues they are objectively most correct on?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021, 07:52:49 PM »

Most of these proposals are not common sense, particularly when it comes to "assault weapon" bans.

Why are you a Democrat if you disagree with them so strongly on one of the issues they are objectively most correct on?

Because I vote primarily based on economic issues. That doesn't mean I'm required to be in favor of banning certain types of firearms out of ignorance. Bernie Sanders was fairly pro-gun until he felt it was an inconvenient position to take in the primary. I support tightening up background check laws, but that's about it.

We must agree to disagree on this issue, in that case.
On an unrelated note, what made you an Obama/Trump/Biden voter?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies